PDA

View Full Version : S14 not starting, ACC issues, not craking..dead...gremlins taking over

dsastr_clan
06-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Dear People of Zilvia,

I'm resourcing to you all seeking help on a current nightmare happening to this car I'm working on...a 1995 s14, converted from auto to manual mostly stock.

The car has been driving fine with almost no issues for the past couple of years, it had a hicup on the freeway 3 weeks ago, the car lost all power and shot off, I pulled over and started it right back.

The issues...the godamn issues :bash:

one day... out of the nowhere when trying to start her, the car had no power to the ignition, whenever you turn the key to on ,,,nothing... the car wouldnt even crank,,, ACC was dead, no instrument lights, no stereo, no windows, no nothing...the car was just dead..only the key alert on the ignition would beep if the key was on and the doors were open...
I have power to turn the headlights on, tailamps, brake lights and dome light.

Before i get flamed, I have checked battery voltage, im good there... battery has plenty of juice. I have checked all fuses on fuse box inside the car,,,all fuses are good,,, checked fuses in the engine bay...EGI fuse was blown, replaced it, and it didnt make a difference, EGI fuse didnt blow again tho.

first thing that came to my mind was ignition swith, I got a brand new 1995 altima switch which is the same as the s14 (longer cables the only difference and nothing) same problem,

then i thought maybe the ECU, i replaced the issue and nothing same issue,

so a friend came over and helped me to deeper troubleshoot, we noticed that a 30A fuse called IGN fuse was blown in the fuse box located in the engine bay, we replaced the fuse and tried it. The ACC worked, we had power to the cabin, rolled windows up and down, tried to start the car. 30A fuse blew again, so we determined that there was a short somewhere,

Maybe the wire that goes from the ignition to the fuse is melted somewhere, so we ran a cable stright from the box to the ingition pin swith ON,, nothing fuse blew,, so the problem isnt with that wire,

We have done a theral inspection to the fuse box in the engine bay, no wires are touching no issues at all... so then we started to unplug things out to rule out what could be cause the short,

unpluged the starter and hooked 30amp fuse, turned ignition on, fuse blew
unplugged alternator, fuse blew
unplugged ECU, fuse blew (even with ECU out)
unplugged stereo, climate control, cig lighter thingy, fuse blew
unplugged all the fuse from the interior fuse box, fuse blew

followed the FSM to the switch and notice that the ignition ACC is hooked up to a relay on the kick panel by the fuse box,

i replaced the relay with a new one, and the car worked, I was able to turn it on but,,,,it wouldnt shut off,,, so i pulled the egi fuse out, the car turned off, put the fuse back on and inspected all the relays again,, put them back and nothing the car was just like before.... dead, and the stupid IGN 30A fuse was blown,,,, so i went back to 0, the car keeps doing the same thing,,,

it keeps blowing that stupid fuse,,,,So i thought maybe there is another bad relay,,, i pulled all the relays out and even with the relays off the car blew the fuse still....I'm lost,,, i need some input or if someone is out there that has had this problem...help me out,,, running out of ideas.

thank you