PDA

View Full Version : Weird Start Up-S13

creatorvince
06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Car is a 90 hatch-KA24E-base model-5speed
Im gonna start with telling you guys that i have recently replaced the ALT./starter/and battery. I've added a volts gauge to monitor the alt charge. Now on to the problem. When i go to start the car it just clicks once. Ill check the volts and it seems kinda high to not be running. I'll keep trying to start it and watch the volts drop little by little. Once at a certain volts it'll start right up without hesitation. I just have to keep trying to start it over and over until it eventually starts. I tried explaining the problem the best i could. All connections/grounds are good.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

ultimateirving
06-12-2014, 08:29 PM
Hey man. I'm chasing the same issue. 90 hatchback with sr and what not.
I have also replaced the starter, clutch interlock relay, new alternator and I have redone all my grounds thoroughly.
And with no positive results. In fact I feel like my condition has gotten worse as it's gone on longer.

I think my next step will be to remove the steering column cover and inspect / bypass the iginition switch itself which I'm hoping is the problem at this point as that seems to be a semi common issue. (Old chassis with high miles could be worn out)