PDA

View Full Version : Would like info on Yorktown Area.

Carter91
06-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Hey Guys! I'll be moving to the Yorktown area around December and would like to know what's around car wise. When I get there I need someone who can rivet some over fenders on, paint , and some custom fabrication. Thanks for the help! Please no D-Bags. Thanks! 😊

smokescreen240
07-08-2014, 12:25 PM
if you want the best for paint: Stock or Modified.
if you want the best for fabrication: Ramey Built
both in virginia beach, and both are premium priced, but to some, it's well worth it.

turbronegro
07-08-2014, 03:04 PM
Really think Ramney is the best at fab or just the most popular? There's some old-head fab guys in York county who will shit on Ramney all day. If only they actually cared about making money off of fab work, you kinda gotta know them to get anything done.

smokescreen240
07-09-2014, 07:00 AM
Really think Ramney is the best at fab or just the most popular? There's some old-head fab guys in York county who will shit on Ramney all day. If only they actually cared about making money off of fab work, you kinda gotta know them to get anything done.

that's not true, i've seen plenty of work come out of that shop. including my straight pipe exhaust, and the welds are by far better than anyone else's work i've seen in this state. i had that exhaust welded when i didn't even know the guy. but i'd heard good reviews, and trusted everyone's opinions. and their opinions were just as i stated, quality work, at a premium price.

turbronegro
07-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Wait, you're reading my post WAY wrong. I'm talking about the guys I know in Yorktown who are better than Ramney its just that they dont take customers much because they do fabbing for the love. I agree Ramney is great but not the best in VA or 757.

smokescreen240
07-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Wait, you're reading my post WAY wrong. I'm talking about the guys I know in Yorktown who are better than Ramney its just that they dont take customers much because they do fabbing for the love. I agree Ramney is great but not the best in VA or 757.

gotcha. lol.

autowerxs
07-09-2014, 08:56 AM
well depends on your budget but dont expect this to be like it is in WA or Los Angeles or anything like that, it seems to me that there isnt much of a car scene down here... or i just havent found it

smokescreen240
07-09-2014, 09:22 AM
well depends on your budget but dont expect this to be like it is in WA or Los Angeles or anything like that, it seems to me that there isnt much of a car scene down here... or i just havent found it

it's here. barely. 757illest always has fundraisers/meets going on, as well as sumospeed and their ice cream socials. as far as weekly meets, planet fitness on w. mercury on saturday nights is really all you get. that could be ruined any moment by a honda owner who gets a hair in his ass to do a burnout.

autowerxs
07-09-2014, 10:21 AM
eh might just lone wolf it then

turbronegro
07-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Back in the mid and late 2000's it was a whole lot better. But some Honda kid decided to pee on a Maserati and well there went the scene!

smokescreen240
07-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Back in the mid and late 2000's it was a whole lot better. But some Honda kid decided to pee on a Maserati and well there went the scene!

lolwut. you can't just try and nonchalantly pass that and not explain. lol.

turbronegro
07-09-2014, 11:33 AM
No wait I think he owned a 240sx.

fliprayzin240sx
07-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Sounds like a 240sx owner. I like to pee on Porche Panameras vs Maseratis