PDA

View Full Version : Stumped...

skrallex
05-26-2014, 09:47 AM
First off I would like to state that I am completely new to engines in general. I do have someone helping me, but he is not Jap savvy - old school american muscle guy.

I have a 92 240sx, pretty sure I have the 92 harness's in but i could be mistaken. Have a 94-95? Ka24de and tranny in. Mechanically its all good. Starts up first turn. Problem I'm having is I have some vacuum lines not hooked up and some electrical stuff not hooked up either. Not sure as to where they go. Ive downloaded the fsm, and still cant figure it out. The main problem, is that when I start it, it idles fine, but as soon as i give it a little gas it has a stutter to it. Tried connecting the MAF, but as soon as I do it stalls out. Idk if its because some vacuum lines arent hooked up or if its a bad maf. Maf was good last year when I was driving it.

Keep the flamming at minimum please. Trying to learn lol.

If pics are needed I can get them.

Primo's Silvia
05-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Try blocking up or closing the vaccum lines to seeif it helps
And make sure u have the bosster vacuum hooked up rightwith no leaks car will not run right with out that.

skrallex
05-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Try blocking up or closing the vaccum lines to seeif it helps
And make sure u have the bosster vacuum hooked up rightwith no leaks car will not run right with out that.

Where is the booster vacuum line located? I just realized 1 hose I never connected is the line coming from the top of the valve cover.

Croustibat
05-27-2014, 02:42 AM
Make pics, post them. I don't think you can get help without that.

Rayne
05-27-2014, 03:10 AM
Connect all of the vacuum lines and troubleshoot from there using the factory service manual.

Primo's Silvia
05-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Make sure first tht the intake has no leaks or able to get outside air besides the filter! Or your maf will not detect tht air flow cuasing ur car to run lean. Also the vacuum hose for the brake booster is located behind the intake manifold by the air idle control valve.

And the one for the valve cover is for emmisions and air pressure in the cover, ur not bosting so u can jus put a filter on it or connect it back to the intake.