PDA

View Full Version : S14 Fuel Pump Assembly

Chihuahua240
05-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi there, I am having trouble getting the fuel pump assembly out of the tank. I have searched, and threads say it should "slide right up." This is apparently not the case with mine. I can see the metal assembly with the plastic looking thing in the middle of it, and the fuel pump slanted towards the bottom of the tank. However, I pulled on everything inside the tank and it just will not come out.

Is there some type of screw/bolt/clip holding the fuel pump assembly in the tank? And how exactly do I get it out of the tank?

Also, can I reuse the O-ring gasket for the tank cap if I ever manage to remove the fuel pump? Thanks.

JBPUSA
05-12-2014, 03:59 PM
there is no bolt, you have to play with it, too bad its not as easy as a s13 tank.

that big o ring should be reusable, its not like the s13 gas o ring that goes out of shape everytime you open it up

fliprayzin240sx
05-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Hi there, I am having trouble getting the fuel pump assembly out of the tank. I have searched, and threads say it should "slide right up." This is apparently not the case with mine. I can see the metal assembly with the plastic looking thing in the middle of it, and the fuel pump slanted towards the bottom of the tank. However, I pulled on everything inside the tank and it just will not come out.

Is there some type of screw/bolt/clip holding the fuel pump assembly in the tank? And how exactly do I get it out of the tank?

Also, can I reuse the O-ring gasket for the tank cap if I ever manage to remove the fuel pump? Thanks.

The pump holder pulls straight up, it just clicks into place with a metal clip/tab, there's no screw or bolt that holds it in place. Just gotta tug and slide it up real hard.