PDA

View Full Version : Brake Booster troubles. Please Help

Beansplash
05-10-2014, 04:07 PM
So I've purchased two brake boosters in the past week from advance auto. Both of them were remanufactured units from Cardone. First was a dual diaphragm for a zx as those are the brakes I have. The second was the factory 240sx non abs model because they couldn't provide me another zx one. Both of them have leaked from the plunger that depresses the master cylinder. I am at a complete loss as to what I should do. I know I'm not installing them wrong. And it seems crazy to me that they would both be bad. Does anyone have any advice for me. I tried the search option but no luck there. Any brake boosters that you could recommend? I tried to get a new one through the dealer but they told me my vehicle is too old. I'm just so exasperated with this whole situation and am at a loss as to what my next step should be. I just want to drive my car. Also just read that the brake bleeders should be facing up on the calipers. Mine are not and I was wondering the reason for this and if it was that important that they face skyward. Thanks everyone in advance.

Beansplash
05-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Mods feel free to delete this thread. I have sorted my brake issues.

kruked
05-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Instead, why not post what your problem and your solution was for future people that might have a similar scenario