PDA

View Full Version : DC/Maryland drift documentary

KoukiKid
05-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Sup Zilvians?

I'm in the DC/Baltimore area for the next few weeks and I'm looking to shoot a short drifting documentary on the scene here. I'm from Wichita, KS, so this isn't my typical neck of the woods.

Doesn't matter if your car is FD/ProAm spec or a missile, I want to shoot it. Doesn't matter if you're a pro or novice, I want to tell your (and your car's) story.

A little bit of background on my video experience; I'm a Broadcast Journalist for the Air Force and shoot news stories that have been broadcast around the world. I've had products shown anywhere from local news outlets to larger outlets such as Politico and AFN/Pentagon Channel.

I'm looking to switch gears from news stories and start making pieces for the community in my free time to showcase the guys behind the feature articles and wallpaper wednesdays. I feel like video isn't showcased enough and truly encompasses the hard work and dedication that goes into owning a drift car.

I have all of my own video equipment, sound equipment and GoPro to make the most professional production that I can. I shoot with a Canon XF100, I have a full light kit for 3 pt. lighting and multiple boom mics and wireless lavalieres.

I daily a kouki S14, my wife has a 1976 Toyota Celica and we also have a slammed '86 Nissan 720. I love stance and drifting, and that's pretty much all I do in my free time is work on cars and build my parts stockpile.

ANYWAYS, back to the documentary:

The documentary will be a non-narrative, meaning I won't say a thing. The story will be told through the drivers, their cars and the visuals.

If your car isn't running, that's okay. I'll shoot you working on it and telling your story on why you do what you do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to seeing what you guys are about here on the east coast.

Feel free to PM me or shoot me a text at 316-253-3320 to get something set up.

Thanks!
-Jarrod (koukikid)

bmaddock
08-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Anything ever come of this?