PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor Location

The Saint
05-08-2014, 08:19 AM
I just swapped in a new KA with my son, and I can't find where the O2 plugs in. My search just turned up for sale threads. What I could use is a picture of where the electric connector plugs to. I have it screwed into the header already.
I relay want to have it ready for Drift Atlanta. Thanks in advance.

The Saint
05-08-2014, 02:32 PM
You know it seems stupid but I have 2 cars and neither have a matching connector. So, yes I could use some help.

Rayne
05-08-2014, 02:41 PM
The O2 sensor is typically located in the exhaust manifold. You may need to move the stock heat shield to find it.

Depending on the car there maybe another O2 sensor after the catalytic converter.

Most of your questions can be answered with the Factory Service Manual. See my signature below to download a free copy.

Kaifd3s
05-08-2014, 04:12 PM
http://tech.240sxone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/o2_sensor.jpg

I think thats for OBDI tho. Hope it helps.

kruked
05-08-2014, 10:27 PM
The O2 sensor is typically located in the exhaust manifold. You may need to move the stock heat shield to find it.

Depending on the car there maybe another O2 sensor after the catalytic converter.

Most of your questions can be answered with the Factory Service Manual. See my signature below to download a free copy.

Just out of curiosity, and I'm not trying to start anything, but what is it w/ you and the damn FSM? Every thread, it's usually the same thing...FSM, FSM, FSM.

Rayne
05-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I'm not trying to start anything, but what is it w/ you and the damn FSM? Every thread, it's usually the same thing...FSM, FSM, FSM.

It is a free document that answers a large number of questions. Most new owners don't know it exists.

The Saint
05-09-2014, 08:02 AM
http://tech.240sxone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/o2_sensor.jpg

I think thats for OBDI tho. Hope it helps.
Thank you very much. Apparently I have the wrong sensor.

I don't know what FSM stands for.

amerjap
06-08-2014, 04:57 PM
FSM = Factory Service Manual.