PDA

View Full Version : How do you hotwire the a/c condensor fan????

DamnedButDetermined
06-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Sorry it is 12am, I am drunk, and I have to be at work tomorrow at 7:30am. I have tried two searches for this and come back wioth nothing so hopefully, one of my fellow drunk Zilvians will provide the answer for me tonight so i can hotwire my fan tomorrow.

I just need to know which wires will need to be spliced and what kind of switch I am going to need to rig this all up. I just want to have my condensor fan on at all times, to provide much needed cooling during the summer months in florida and to help my a/c system disipate some heat.

please help,
DbD

Mikes14240sx
06-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Find the cooling fan relay 2 in the relay box in the engine compartment. The relay has 4 wires, two thicker and two thiner wires.

With the key in the on position find the thiner wire that doesn't have 12v power.

Cut that wire and splice another piece of wire to it and ground that wire to the body of the car.

THe fan should now run all the time when the key is in the on position.

95Blue240sx
06-19-2004, 10:23 AM
or you can goto www.240sx.org and read and see pics there. i did it that same as the write up, but instead of just grounding it out, i put a switch so i can turn it on when i want.