PDA

View Full Version : Brake light issue

mikey_S13
04-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Ok so having an issue with my brake lights...

(With lights off) brake lights work fine but my dash light and parking lights also turn on when I press the brake pedal.

(With lights on) brake lights including 3rd brake light turn on and are brighter than normal and when I press the brake pedal, all 3 brake lights light up just a little brighter. Almost un-noticeably brighter..

Any one have this same problem?

kruked
04-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Shot in the dark: take a look at the brake light switch on the brake peddle?

DennisS
04-19-2014, 03:33 PM
I had the same problem. It's the rubber stopper that hits the switch above your brake pedal. It probably feel out, what I did was silicon a penny onto their and its been sticking for a year now no problems.

mikey_S13
04-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Yea I checked the switch first .. I put a plastic fastener clip on there but still same problem

No 240.. No id
04-19-2014, 03:46 PM
It's not the plastic. Plastic makes all the brakes light on 24/7 no matter what you do (unless you disconnect the battery terminal).

Did some one hack your wires before? It seems like someone connected wires wrong.

Does the car has an alarm system? Usually people connect that wrong to the brakes lights and could make this issue.

mikey_S13
04-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Ah yea you're prob right .. The previous owner had an aftermarket sound system put on. I kind of skimmed through it and looked like a pretty crappy job..

Protius
04-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Could also be a busted brake/tail light bulb. If one of the bulbs has done this and is connecting the brake and tail circuits together inside the bulb you will get this exact problem. That or one of the bulbs is a single filament bulb. So check all your bulbs.