PDA

View Full Version : auto paint

akablingdawg
06-18-2004, 11:26 AM
anyone have any website that have auto paint for good price ?
need to paint my coupe

iknowyoulike
06-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey check out www.paintscratch.com Heard they were pretty good. I'm gonna buy from them when i have all my pieces for my car together. Hopes this helps. :cool:

BTW 100 post! :w00t:

240trainee
06-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Yea, I've been kinda looking into this. I know someone with a paint booth, been thinking of removing the dents off my car and painting it. of course, the old rustoleum for now.... But, sprayed on with an air gun ( you can buy it by the quart for $6 lol)

Thorpedo
06-19-2004, 09:34 AM
go to your local parts supplier stores(smythe, not sure about autozone) and ask them about distributors for standox, spies hecker(same thing as standox), dupont, or sherman williams(never messed with it but a guy i work with said it sprays real good and its a bit thicker than standox or dupont so it fills in sand scratches better. just remember, prepping the car correctly is just as important as spraying the car.

WunHungLo
06-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Yea, I've been kinda looking into this. I know someone with a paint booth, been thinking of removing the dents off my car and painting it. of course, the old rustoleum for now.... But, sprayed on with an air gun ( you can buy it by the quart for $6 lol)

don't use rusto if you plan on painting the car again. it contains fish oil, for rust proofing, that will make any paint sprayed afterwards almost dissolve. i would use a quart of krylon's bbq/hi-temp paint if you want a flat black look. kinda hard to find though.
here's a pic of one shot with the krylon/spray gun method.

it's on imagestation, so if it doesnt show up, right click prop, copy, paste.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/pb7655b8f8287d49f1a47df1ddf269f42/f8f301b8.jpg

to answer the original question, www.paintscratch.com

TheTicTac
06-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Visit www.autobody101.com, they have a good forum. Good tips on painting and welding.