PDA

View Full Version : Not getting spark/fuel ... ???

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Bought this s13 coupe. sohc ka. had a rough idle / ran shitty at low rpms

recently the car shit out on me and wouldnt start, cranks but doesnt turn over. at first i thought it was a fuel issue, then i checked the spark.
friend let me borrow/test a coil and control module, no difference.

took off a fuel line and didn't get any fuel either.
tried an ecu diagnostic and lights wouldn't flash..

figured this is either the EGI or a faulty ecu.
dont have much experience with this stuff so give me your input.
thanks

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 06:23 PM
check your fuses? and if you get it running check the timing...it might help the shitty drive at low rpms

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
check your fuses? and if you get it running check the timing...it might help the shitty drive at low rpms

it wont even start at this point lol

checked fuses didnt see any problems

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 06:41 PM
You said no fuel came out of the sending line when you took it off? I don't think it would squirt out but if you tried priming with it off and none came out then I'd start with the fuel pump

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 06:42 PM
You said no fuel came out of the sending line when you took it off? I don't think it would squirt out but if you tried priming with it off and none came out then I'd start with the fuel pump

not getting spark either. don't think that'd be the best place to start

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Why don't you switch your ecu with your friends and see if it's that?

cotbu
04-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Let you friend borrow your ecu, test it in his car. if it works check over your wiring if it doesn't work, borrow his ecu test it in you car.

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 06:57 PM
his is a dohc =\ lol i gotta meet peeps out here

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 07:02 PM
If you wanna buy mine it's off my 89 sohc and I know it works $40 shipped

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 07:08 PM
i'll be able to find one here, lol this is my daily so i don't really have time to wait a week for shipping to hopefully fix it.

but i'm not sure if it would be the ecu. I'm thinking it MIGHT be a relay, but i already switched the EGI and EGI pump relays and it didnt make a difference. Going to buy a new one to be sure.

Symptoms of a bad fuel pump, but i'm not getting spark so i'm seriously doubting its the fuel pump, unless all this shit is just getting dumped on me at once lol.

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 07:17 PM
I get it and ya I doubt they both go out at the same time haha I would assume it's gotta be whatever powers them both...try using a multimeter on the pinouts for the pump and ignition coil to see if the power is getting sent to the ecu...I'm assuming all the dash lights come on and what not when you put the key in the start position and it's cranking correct?

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
I get it and ya I doubt they both go out at the same time haha I would assume it's gotta be whatever powers them both...try using a multimeter on the pinouts for the pump and ignition coil to see if the power is getting sent to the ecu...I'm assuming all the dash lights come on and what not when you put the key in the start position and it's cranking correct?

like the 4 lights that work in this car lol yeah

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Well see if power is going to the ecu and if it is my best guess would be to try a new ecu

Carnifex
04-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Well see if power is going to the ecu and if it is my best guess would be to try a new ecu

word. gonna check that relay first

4pegs
04-12-2014, 07:03 PM
hey man I was wondering if you ever figured out that problem you had? because I'm having the same problem but with a ka24de

Carnifex
04-12-2014, 07:21 PM
hey man I was wondering if you ever figured out that problem you had? because I'm having the same problem but with a ka24de

My 75a engine control fuse was blown. Check that, alt fuse, egi pump relay.
The 10a fuses as well.
Make sure your ecu is getting power turn the key to on and it'll blink in diagnostics mode.
Is your fuel pump priming?

4pegs
04-12-2014, 07:26 PM
Yeah I've recently have had the fuse blow and already changed that.. and also checked all the fuses in the car.. it turns over but it doesn't start.. but no haven't checked the ECU.. and how would you check for fuel priming? Also how do you put the ECU in diagnostics mode?

Carnifex
04-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Listen to your fuel pump may when you turn the key to on. Should make a noise for like 5 sec. Check your ecu there's a screw on it turn it to diagnostics mode with the key on. There's a guide for it. If the lights dont blink the ecu isn't getting power. But if the fuel pump primes it probably is

4pegs
04-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Sick man ill check that out now... ill let you know..