PDA

View Full Version : Electronics issues...

cmat1120
04-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Hello, first of all I have spent about a week researching already, but I have been unable to find a solution that worked. I have a 1991 240sx coupe with an sr swap. I know I have a few electronics issues that are probably unrelated to each other, but I'll go ahead and lay everything out how it is and hopefully I can get some help. I'll list everything that I know to work and I know not to.

Headlights - Work
Headlight Motors - Don't Work(P.O. says they need to be reconnected, but idk what connector)
Power Windows - Work
Power lock - Work
Map light - Doesn't work
Dome Lights - Don't work
Foot Lights - Don't Work
Sunroof - Doesn't Work(P.O. said it was just a fuse, but I couldn't find which fuse corresponds to it nor do I really believe him)
Power Mirrors - Don't Work
All other exterior lights - Work
Dash - all aftermarket and works
Ricey multi-color neon lights P.O installed - Works

It seems that there must be some point where the power that goes to interior lights, sunroof, etc. that is not right although it would seem that power windows shouldn't work then as well so I'm not sure. I've tried looking at some wiring diagrams, but I haven't been able to figure anything out from them.

I'd really appreciate ANY help. Thanks!!!

Also yes I did check the fuses...every single one of them is good.

eek
04-09-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm assuming you started with the easiest first. Fuses, then checking if the actual harnesses are plugged into the individual items that are not working.

Have you checked the harness that runs from the roof down to the floor harness? I would check that first. FSM will show you location where the harness is located. Do you know if there are working bulbs in the dome light and map lights? Could be as simple as changing out the bulbs or making sure both are plugged in.

Have you check the headlight switch on the dash to make sure it is plugged in?
Also check the motors to make sure they are also plugged in.
This write up should give you an idea on how to check the headlight motors.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-replace-s13-headlight-motors-t428943.html

cmat1120
04-09-2014, 07:57 AM
I'v checked everything you listed other than the harness going from roof to floor. I'll check that, but I doubt that is it since the floor lights also don't work. I'll post my findings on here, but if anyone knows of any other possible reason please let me know.