PDA

View Full Version : help!! difference between dohc and sohc cluster sub harness

tr1ni
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Hey whats up guys I need some help I have a 1990 hatchback with a sr20 and my tach is not working. I already have a dohc cluster and I purchased a subharness from ebay but its still not working. I been trying to compare the dohc and sohc harnesses and they both look identical the wires are in the same exact place so I was wondering if the seller sold me the wrong harness. Is there any way I can tell the difference between the 2? Thanks I would appreciate the help

Trap Star
04-09-2014, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a straight plug and play swap. I didn't change any wiring or harnesses when I installed mine and it works fine.

kruked
04-09-2014, 06:05 PM
The sub harnesses are exactly the same. Either your tach doesn't work, or you have the wrong tach possibly. Although you say that you have a DOHC cluster

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 06:18 PM
are you sure your wiring on the sr harness is correct for the cluster? the sohc should work with sr harness except the tach, if its wired corrrect

hatchtastic
04-09-2014, 06:46 PM
They are the exact same

tr1ni
04-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Its definitely a dohc tach. Ill have double check the wiring. I purchased the car with the swap done it has a wiring specialty harness will that need to be modified? I figured everything should be plug n play

Vegass13
04-09-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure I wouldn't think so either but wouldn't hurt to check and it isn't hard....if they use the same colors in their harnesses use the frsport write up as a guide to check

Also check fuses...I don't think there is one for the cluster but I'm not sure