PDA

View Full Version : Building the ULTIMATE 400HP S14.5, Aid me on my journey Zilvia community :-D

romeobrood
06-16-2004, 11:10 PM
Alright guys I finally got my s13 motor in and its sitting in my garage right now. I drive a S14.5. What I am planning on doing is build the engine from the ground up to get 400HP out of the motor, so its obvious that I have to change internal parts and what not. What I ask is what parts do i need and the specifics I need to change in the motor to crank out 400 ponies for the sr motor. I am going to let the engine sit out for about a year to a year and a half so i can build it up as I am saving.
The reason that I post here is that I am a big zilvia fan, and I have been hearing that we are getting a lot of trash on this forum, people saying that the post here are bad and that there are too much trash talk. So I ask for the zilvia community to help me on my journey to 400 ponies to the wheel, and show to all that we are a quality forum. Thanks

pruto
06-16-2004, 11:32 PM
lil' jon would say... "YyyeaAHH, OOOOKAY!"

well, s13 motor in s14... want 400 hp... mmm, Jspec's s14.5 has a s13 red top, makes oh, 428 to the wheels. go read up.

TheSnail
06-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Your asking something that you know your self will get you flamed on...

rednerd
06-17-2004, 01:03 AM
Step 0. Get lots of money.
Step .5. Get more money.
Step 1. Do the regular maintainence items...
Step 2. Get the thing installed and running right with the standard bolt ons.
Step 3. Big injectors, Z32 maf and ecu tuned on a dyno.
Step 4. Big turbo
Step 5. Cams and intake.
Step 6. Standalone AND SOMEONE TO TUNE IT
Step 7. Yank the engine and "build it up"

I can't even begin to count the number of people I've seen at the track who have done tons of work to their cars and then can't figure out why they run slow times. Do things one step at a time and you'll have your 450 hp but you will also have a car that is a dyno queen, probably won't run in -40/+100 degree weather, requires gas that is retarded expensive, is only repairable by a handful of people and probably isn't as fun to drive as a mildly built SR ....

TheTimanator
06-17-2004, 09:05 AM
haha, you guys are jerks.

Anyway, Enjuku's turbo kit made 393 whp on 21 psi on the stock bottom end. So get the engine running, buy the kit and the few things it does not include and BAM, your there. And if that's not enough, get some cams, valves etc until your happy. Don't forget about suspension, LSD, clutch, z3 fenders etc. :mepoke:

Appearently Enjuku is making a new kit so the output will probably be different. Now I'm curious....

Steeles
06-17-2004, 12:27 PM
I like how he KNOWS he has to change the internals... considering there are stock bottom ended SRs making over 550rwhp. he just KNOWS he has to change intenals... *I* know he needs to do a hell of a lot mmore research...

eeterp
06-17-2004, 12:45 PM
I like how he KNOWS he has to change the internals... considering there are stock bottom ended SRs making over 550rwhp. he just KNOWS he has to change intenals... *I* know he needs to do a hell of a lot mmore research...

he should at least replace the apex seals. maybe get a street port
:)

bkfill
06-17-2004, 01:04 PM
port polish
piston rods
pistons
intake manifold
exhaust manifold
big downpipe
full 3" or more exhaust (straight)
turbo
nitrousexpress
piping
fuel pump
fuel injectors
lighter flywheel(little more torq, not sure if u need this)
better off with a stand alone ecu maybe
cams
lighter pully set(don't even know if these work)
maf
balence
best bet get a welder

mellojoe
06-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Stock motor and bottom end has been known to produce 350whp reliably. At a 20% drivetrain loss that equates to about 420hp at the crank.

For a conservative (ie. daily driven), then a tune of about 300whp is sufficient. And if you calculate that on a 27% drivetrain loss, you are talking about 380hp to the crank.

So, what are you talking about?

What do you want?

SEARCH and you shall find.

Demik
06-17-2004, 03:27 PM
man all this is bs all u need is cold air intake, aic controller, a nos fogger sytem, direct port nos and a stand alone fuel management.. not a bad way to spend 10,000 dolars?

Jeff240sx
06-17-2004, 03:29 PM
I recommend a bridge-port for more high-rpm power, and we all know RPMs equal power.
And I have yet to see another SR make that power with the enjuku kit. I'm not knocking them. Maybe the other people that ordered it have weak motors. Maybe enjuku got one of the "Nissan FreakMotors" that are produced every now and then. I know Enjuku made that power with that kit, as I talk to their dyno people alot. But.. you can definately expect 400 crank hp with their kit. Just don't bolt it on and expect 400whp.
Once again, much love for Enjuku, and they aren't lying that the 1580 made that power..
-Jeff

Nismo240SX
06-18-2004, 07:43 AM
well heres all what i would do...
-87mm CP pistons
-Apex'i or HKS sleeves
-Eagle rods
-Greddy or Cometic headgasket
-ARP headstuds and mainstuds
-Greddy valve springs
-Crower titanium retainers
-Greddy Rocker Arm stoppers
-JWT S3 or S4 cams
-Greddy/ Topspeed(exact copy of Greddy) intake manifold
-72lb injectors
-JWT ECU retune
-and some sort of a big ass turbo (JGYBB37 or JGYBB37R)

most of these parts are in stock, but all of this is just stuff i would do to my sr if i were to build it.

Grandpa
06-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Bridge ports make me nervous. I'd stick with a street port, go with a single turbo, probably GT40R, and 1300cc secondaries, and get a Steve Kahn tune. And don't forget all the reliability mods, especially fixing up that rats nest of vacuum lines.

-john

kcolyer27
06-18-2004, 08:37 AM
Step 0. Get lots of money.
Step .5. Get more money.
Step 1. Do the regular maintainence items...
Step 2. Get the thing installed and running right with the standard bolt ons.
Step 3. Big injectors, Z32 maf and ecu tuned on a dyno.
Step 4. Big turbo
Step 5. Cams and intake.
Step 6. Standalone AND SOMEONE TO TUNE IT
Step 7. Yank the engine and "build it up"

THanks! Helped me with that IM kinda doing the same upgrades and its good to see i was on track with what i was doing. IM on step 3 now so i got some ways to go.

kcolyer27
06-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Bridge ports make me nervous. I'd stick with a street port, go with a single turbo, probably GT40R, and 1300cc secondaries, and get a Steve Kahn tune. And don't forget all the reliability mods, especially fixing up that rats nest of vacuum lines.

-john

Dude it sounds like your talking about an rx7 motor 13b

old_s13
06-18-2004, 10:11 AM
how about this: dont ask people on a FORUM how to do things like build a motor. this is something that requires great skill, knowledge, and experience.

take it to a motor shop that builds motor and has history to prove their success.

- mike

mbmbmb23
06-18-2004, 01:33 PM
how about this: dont ask people on a FORUM how to do things like build a motor. this is something that requires great skill, knowledge, and experience.

take it to a motor shop that builds motor and has history to prove their success.

- mike

^^^^Yep. Paying a little more for someone elses expertise will pay off in the long run.

eeterp
06-19-2004, 01:58 PM

someone's catching on...I mentioned apex seals a few posts up. :D

It's hard to take the thread seriously with "ULTIMATE 400HP S14.5" in the title. What's ultimate about 400hp?

-Eagle rods

no, pauter rods.

rcviper
06-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Well I'm doing the same thing and almost done with my S14. It will be out of the shop Tuesday (which it has been down for months) so I can't wait. Then it is off to the paint shop to paint the S15 front end sitting in my garage. Hit me up on AIM if you want to chat.

bkfill
06-21-2004, 02:01 PM

-john

AAAAAAHAHHA that does sound like a RX7 1300?! GET THE 1600CC INJECTORS! NOOBS! :X j/p

240silvia
06-21-2004, 02:16 PM
lil' jon would say... "YyyeaAHH, OOOOKAY!"

:werd: LOLOLOLOLOLOL HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA damn, that's funny. :bigok:

More power to ya on the swap...

nissan slut
06-21-2004, 11:45 PM
ok here's step one:

go fuck yourself.

baahahahahahahaait'sfunnytomehahaha

SILVIA_KIDs14.5
06-20-2007, 07:50 AM
Alright guys I finally got my s13 motor in and its sitting in my garage right now. I drive a S14.5. What I am planning on doing is build the engine from the ground up to get 400HP out of the motor, so its obvious that I have to change internal parts and what not. What I ask is what parts do i need and the specifics I need to change in the motor to crank out 400 ponies for the sr motor. I am going to let the engine sit out for about a year to a year and a half so i can build it up as I am saving.
The reason that I post here is that I am a big zilvia fan, and I have been hearing that we are getting a lot of trash on this forum, people saying that the post here are bad and that there are too much trash talk. So I ask for the zilvia community to help me on my journey to 400 ponies to the wheel, and show to all that we are a quality forum. Thanks
ok first of all no bottom end work is needed jus need to work on the topend and and get a head gasket an s15 turbo or disco potato boost controller and your all set.

Helghast
06-20-2007, 07:58 AM
First of all, you're an idiot.
IDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOTIDIOT

Second of all, please check the date before randomly posting in a thread.

3rd of all, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING, use Punctuations.

I vote Ban.

koukimonster139
06-20-2007, 08:15 AM
lmao

he quoted it too

steve shadows
06-20-2007, 09:38 AM
why 400?

why did you think thats the magic number?

The Chad
06-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I love these 3 year old posts popping back up in the "recent posts" category...haha. Read People!!

PRADOgy
06-20-2007, 10:34 AM
with the kind of money your willing to spend.. i would just go rb26 and build that mildly

steve shadows
06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I love these 3 year old posts popping back up in the "recent posts" category...haha. Read People!!

no:rl: :rl: :werd:

ilia
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Although I think that a bridgeport is probably the port profile to go with, you'll never get the driveability you need. That is, unless you also change your F81 valve on your variable intake plenum, as well as address the low speed fuel starvation issue that is seen as a result of your exhaust temperature sensor negatively affecting your intercooler piping. Then you'll be making 400hp at the front tires fo sho.

axiomatik
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
ok first of all no bottom end work is needed jus need to work on the topend and and get a head gasket an s15 turbo or disco potato boost controller and your all set.

what is wrong with you? I just looked through all 22 of your posts, and 13 of them were you dredging up ancient threads. That's more than half!!!! Why do you keep trying to answer questions from 3 years ago?

kensreliableb18b
06-20-2007, 11:32 AM

not only did he bump a super old thread

the sad part is, he recommends "an s15 turbo or disco potato" for the ultimate 400hp. :faint:

fliprayzin240sx
06-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Im still looking for that warehouse where they have a hefty premium for SR20DETs for my integra...no wait that isnt 2004, thats in 2001...

Either way this shiet fails...

Then again, bringing this thread back shows one important thing...ZILVIA WILL NEVER CHANGE!!! We were assholes before 2004, we still are assholes in 2007.

UfoZ8myCow
06-20-2007, 06:56 PM
what is wrong with you? I just looked through all 22 of your posts, and 13 of them were you dredging up ancient threads. That's more than half!!!! Why do you keep trying to answer questions from 3 years ago?

Apparently the dead horse has not been beaten sufficiently..?