PDA

View Full Version : Help sr20det frustrations

evad
04-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Im at the point where I want to burn this bitch to the ground!!! Seems like if its not one thing its another…

My car shutters, hesitates, shakes or bucks (you pick your favorite word) when under throttle anywhere above 10-20% throttle. If I accelerate nice and slow and smooth, the car will boost and drive ok but one I try to hammer down (even a little) the car acts as mentioned above.
NO BOOST LEAKS
NO VACUME LEAKS
I began checking the TPS from what I can find online and the first test showed 4.88 volts on pin C (engine off, key on) when I should have +5 (according to web info). Then when I tested pin A for continuity (engine off, key off), there was nothing…not sure if I am even doing this right. I watched this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Mwxicmpg4
Then I checked for the ohms on pins 2 and 3 on the male connector and got nothing at all…again maybe I am dong this wrong

Help me please…is it that simple that I just need a new TPS? Also that video is for a KA and not an SR so maybe the procedure is different…so confused

evad
04-05-2014, 03:13 PM
UPDATE:
I figured out how to correctly check the TPS and I have it adjusted also to .45 volts after i warmed the car up.
Car drove great for about 5 minutes and then it started bogging down…did not buck or sputter as bad as before but its def experiencing some acceleration lag.

any ideas???