PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control wiring?

Cory Scheuer
03-31-2014, 07:31 PM
Hey guys

Car details

1997 240sx, MT, LE

i ripped out the factory steering wheel and put in a momo... horn is wired in fine...

well today i decided to wire in my cruise control using the factory buttons (mounted it to the bottom of the removal surround)

Im having issues with the wiring and cant seem to figure it out... i have read this tutorial: http://importnut.net/steeringswap.htm and some of it helped, but most confused me....

essentially what i am doing is going from the cruise control buttons directly to the wiring harness under the dash...

there are 4 wires... 1 far red (about 2 pins away from the other group of 3) this i know goes to the horn wiring... got that one

the other main 3 i am having issues...

yellow, blue, and red

then on the harness under the dash, im suppose to connect them to the brown-yellow, brown-green, brown-white

now what wire goes to what wire... i have tried a couple different ways but nothing seems to work...

any thoughts? i have gone through the FSM and havent figured it out... hard to tell what wire is what as the copy i have doesnt give off coloring of said wires etc...

so all i need to know is which brown-xxxxx wire do i connect to the blue, which brown-xxxxx wire do i connect to the yellow, and which brown-xxxx wire do i connect to the red....

thanks in advance!

Rayne
04-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Click on the link in my signature to get the diagram from the Factory Service Manual.

importnut
04-01-2014, 09:46 PM
I did that write-up back in 2001. I'm a little fuzzy on the wiring. If you did the buttons like I did, you can follow my outline and wire it up with no issues. I never considered the option of using the factory buttons and wiring so I didn't include that wiring. Sorry about that.

Here's one easy way to figure out which wire goes where. One of the three is a ground, one is the resume accel, and the other is the set decel. The cancel button is part of an internal circuit. You can figure out which wire is which by using a volt meter to do a continuity test. Press a button and see which wires complete the circuit. Try testing different configurations until you figure out which wire is the ground and which wire goes to which button. This shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes. Once you figure out which wire is which, you can use my wiring diagram to finish it up.

Good luck!
Alex