PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20 won't star

beardedjennings
03-31-2014, 11:11 AM
I've owned this 240 for a few months now. It's a s13 hatch with a redtop sr20 in it. It's a stock motor aside from fmic , greddy bov. The car runs perfect doesn't smoke or have any hesitation to it. The last week or so when I go out to drive the car after it's been sitting for more than a few hours it takes a while to get it started it cranks and hits a little bit but then will finally hit and runs perfect once started. However this morning it just cranked and wouldn't hit at all. Being at school I don't have alot of tools but I took the fuel line off and it is getting fuel ( not sure of psi ) it is sparking. I tried unplugging maf and vacuum line on tb and still didn't do anything. I haven't checked compression but I find it doubtful since car pulls hard and doesn't smoke or feel weak by any means. I drove the car last night and it was just fine. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

My moneys on a weak fuel pump.

.db.
04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Mine did the same. Fuel pump was delivering but not enough. If I would let it sit in on position for a 30 seconds to let pump pressurize the system.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk