PDA

View Full Version : white bunny clutch and egr delete questions

solo_ryder
03-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Bought the white bunny setup for my ka-t. Got the full face from comp clutch with the flywheel.

Got the flywheel on no problem. Had a few pressure plate bolts left over? Guess thats because the flywheel is a d21 and the clutch is z33..

Anyways 2 problems:

1) the throwout given with the kit first off looks like a peice of shit. Secondly the inner diameter of the bearing is wider then that off the stock ka one. So in other words it seems I cannot use it with the oem carrier peice that you have to press in. Can I use the oem s14 bearing? The contact surface seems almost exactly the same.

2) when I torqued the pressure plate down it seema the pressure plate fingers are kinda close to the clutch disk center? I assume the center part of the disk that buldges faces the transmission.. anyone had similar experiences??

Pic to give a idea. Maybe .5"?

http://imgur.com/oHCuq5A

------

Ok second issue. I have searched for hours on end and I cant find a straight answer. I have a canadian 96 ka24de I removed the egr for the ka-t swap and made my own block off plate yada yada. However in all the guides they say loop the lines.. well I dont have that tee and another free connection. The bpv valve just had one hose going into a vacuum solenoid of some sort. Do I just cap it or what. Heres a pic:

http://imgur.com/PxxtQQS

Im thinking ill just reinstall the egr and cur the pipe that was going to the exhaust short and weld it. Thoughts?

Im getting close to finishing my setup but these problems need to be addressed before I put the motor back in

NJs13_1993
03-29-2014, 06:26 PM
As far as the throw out bearing goes, my competition clutch came with one and I had to replace it like a month later. I called competition and they said they can send me another one and that was it. You're better off getting one from the dealer

solo_ryder
03-30-2014, 08:53 PM
bump still not sure whats going on.. I may hook the egr up to the exhaust just to save a headache down the road