PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed wiring

2283kdogg
03-26-2014, 07:17 PM
i am doing my 5 speed swap but i do not want a check engine light on and i want to use the manual ecu..

what wire or wires do i have to jump?
so far i have wired it up so that auto ecu thinks its in park and the reverse lights will work ..i used the wiring setup explained here: http://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-5-speed-swap-in-convertibles-and-other-s13s-t77784.html

if i put the manual ecu will this wiring stay the same or is ther something else i need to do

i just want to run the manual ecu like iv said and not have funny idle problems...

your help is appriciated thanks...

my car is a 93 coupe ka24de

zerodameaon
03-26-2014, 07:45 PM
Just keep the auto ECU, funny idle has been non existant on the few swaps I have done.

2283kdogg
03-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Just keep the auto ECU, funny idle has been non existant on the few swaps I have done.

i dont mind keeping it but when it comes time to smog i wanna have it all right so i can pass i might just might buy the manual one to see what happens

i trying to do all wiring correct so when im down installing tranny it should be perfect or close too...haha

zerodameaon
03-26-2014, 10:03 PM
I pass smog just fine, they do not check ECUs on pre OBD II cars. I did nothing special to get rid of the check engine, because tranny swap does not trip it unless you do it wrong on the S13. If you have a CEL you have another issue. Just read the write up over on NICO and you are good.

2283kdogg
03-27-2014, 07:25 AM
I pass smog just fine, they do not check ECUs on pre OBD II cars. I did nothing special to get rid of the check engine, because tranny swap does not trip it unless you do it wrong on the S13. If you have a CEL you have another issue. Just read the write up over on NICO and you are good.

ok yea ill give it a try thanks..i ordered the manual anyways soo if i dont like ill just resell..thanks again

zerodameaon
03-27-2014, 11:35 PM
If you did not pay a lot just hold onto it, never know when you might need it.

If you want the wiring done legit you could look into the wiring specialties conversion harness, they are about $100-150.

2283kdogg
03-28-2014, 06:50 AM
If you did not pay a lot just hold onto it, never know when you might need it.

If you want the wiring done legit you could look into the wiring specialties conversion harness, they are about $100-150.

yea..well imma see which ones works best and ill go from ther
ill post feedback soon thanks