PDA

View Full Version : reliable Central Florida shop(s) to get a swap from?

AustinCowart
03-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Im currently located in Tampa but travel home (Cocoa Beach area) every now and then and visit Orlando quite often as well. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for shops I could get a complete swap from, I know of JDM Orlando and JDM Florida but am open to others.

Also if there is any input you have as to why to choose/not to choose one shop please let me know as well.

g35gabby
03-26-2014, 07:49 AM
If it were me, I would order from Carisma. They have support the local community for ages and they are great people. Gina is awesome

Enjuku, Raw Brokerage, FeverZ (tampa area), and FRsport are also central florida area dealers. I have dealt with Just about all of them, short of FeverZ (which have been around forever and have a great rep, but a bit of a drive compared to the others for me) are also great sources.

The best thing to do is invest in (or rent one from autozone) a compression tester and take it to w/e shop you decide to go with. That way you know it is solid BEFORE YOU LEAVE. None of those shops are looking to screw you over or a fly by night deal, but making the drive back to find out you have a problem is nothing you want to deal with. they are all Nissan shops, as opposed to Container dealers who have a habit of piecing things together to get you out the door.

GL with your shopping.

PS which engine are you looking to acquire? Most will have SR's and RB's in stock. there are a couple of other local shops I know that have this or that laying around, but really depends on which specific engine you are looking for.

AustinCowart
03-26-2014, 09:48 AM
I have a bad taste from Enjuku after my roommate order parts for his s13 and they were wrong size, messed up more parts from being wrong size, and Enjuku kept blowing him off.

I had planned on asking for a compression test from whoever I decided to deal with if they would give/conduct one

I have a few plans schemed up but nothing I want to set my mind and wallet to

Its hard enough finding a coupe shell somewhat close to me so once I find a shell then I will choose my set of plans

Im debating an RB25, RB26, or 1J, maybe 2J

g35gabby
03-26-2014, 02:53 PM
I have a bad taste from Enjuku after my roommate order parts for his s13 and they were wrong size, messed up more parts from being wrong size, and Enjuku kept blowing him off.

I had planned on asking for a compression test from whoever I decided to deal with if they would give/conduct one

I have a few plans schemed up but nothing I want to set my mind and wallet to

Its hard enough finding a coupe shell somewhat close to me so once I find a shell then I will choose my set of plans

Im debating an RB25, RB26, or 1J, maybe 2J

steve at Rivsu (sanford,fl) has a coupe shell sitting at his shop and an RB25 on an engine stand. the shell is lacking most of the interior stuff, but I do have almost all (if not all) spares if you decide to go that route.

Steve is a vendor on here, and he is importing my R32.

AustinCowart
04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
i actually picked up a shell last wednesday, i wonder what he is asking for the rb