PDA

View Full Version : Fuse Box Issue

Steven_NISMO
03-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Okay so installing my new double din in my S14 Kouki lead to electrical issues now.

After finding out that my double din I installed wasn't powering on because of bad grounding, I ran a different wire to get a better ground between the shift knob console area. I tested both the power and ground wire with a test light after and now it was getting power. Hooked the harness back up to the double din and still wasn't powering on.

I then checked the fuses under the dash and nothing was getting power! Not one fuse. When the ignition is turned on to ACC, everything in the car works except my turn signals. Windows, wipers, headlights, etc. are fine. What could cause that fuse box under the dash to not have any power? Car starts up fine. Kinda left the car to continue working on it in the morning so I figured maybe I can find out something to help me with it.

I did read somewhere that fuse 75A under the hood could be the problem but when I plugged the fuse back in with the ignition turned on, it comes back on so I thought maybe the fuse should be good.

jamg
03-23-2014, 09:57 PM
if you blew your 75a fuse then the car wouldnt start at all.
maybe a harness somewhere that's disconnected? if the whole fuse box isn't getting power, it's gotta be something like it.

Steven_NISMO
03-23-2014, 10:25 PM
if you blew your 75a fuse then the car wouldnt start at all.
maybe a harness somewhere that's disconnected? if the whole fuse box isn't getting power, it's gotta be something like it.

The only harness I seen disconnected was 2 plugs I had found when I took my radio apart a couple days ago but I was getting power from the fuse box after I noticed it so I doubt it's that. I also couldn't find where those those plugs were supposed to go so I left em. They were taped around the other main harness that has all the plugs for the harness that goes to the radio. Hmm...

Steven_NISMO
03-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Fixed it. Kinda stupid but I didn't know not having the harness plugged into the hazard switch will stop the turn signals from working and also show me that none of the fuses under the dash aren't getting power. Smh.