PDA

View Full Version : looking for a template for a 180sx Type X wing

ReallyBroke
03-17-2014, 09:35 AM
I have looked all over online for a template that I can print out to use for drilling the holes in the rear hatch.

I have found plently of measurments, and pictures, but no printable version.

I want the install to be as clean as posible, and don't want to have a crooked wing, and shitty over drilled holes.

if anyone knows where I can find the templates, or knows a link to some I can print, that would be cool.

Livid_240sx
03-17-2014, 09:39 AM
Is it a wing or spoiler?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ReallyBroke
03-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Its the thing that goes on the back hatch, not sure if the correct word is "Wing" or "Spoiler", but its OEM made by nissan.

...by the way, go fuck yourself smart ass.

Livid_240sx
03-17-2014, 09:47 AM
Okay, I WAS going to help you. But now you can go fuck yourself. Ass-hat.

ReallyBroke
03-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Okay, I WAS going to help you. But now you can go fuck yourself. Ass-hat.

I asked nicely and clearly, and you knew what I was talking about.

don't be a dick next time for no reason.

a dick comment will get a dick reply. don't get mad a me when you started it.

:madfawk:

Livid_240sx
03-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Sure, whatever. My legit question got a dumb ass reply. Good luck with your project. Bye.

TheRealSy90
03-17-2014, 10:00 AM
My friend has a kouki 180sx shell in his back yard, if I have to I guess i could try to make one from the oem drilled holes?

ReallyBroke
03-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Sure, whatever. My legit question got a dumb ass reply. Good luck with your project. Bye.

if that was a "legit question", then you are a dumb shit, and wouldn't have been able to help me anyway.

...but thanks for your smart ass comment, maybe now somebody who isn't retarded can help me.

...oh, and good luck to you as well, you will need it more than me.

:newbie:

My friend has a kouki 180sx shell in his back yard, if I have to I guess i could try to make one from the oem drilled holes?

that would be super cool, and I would love you forever.

Livid_240sx
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
Haha, I'm going to need more help than YOU who can't figure out a spoiler. Right, gotcha.

ReallyBroke
03-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Haha, I'm going to need more help than YOU who can't figure out a spoiler. Right, gotcha.

dude, seriously. read my first post again. the topic is "looking for a template for a 180sx Type X wing"

I have looked all over online for a template that I can print out to use for drilling the holes in the rear hatch.

I have found plently of measurments, and pictures, but no printable version.

I want the install to be as clean as posible, and don't want to have a crooked wing, and shitty over drilled holes.

if anyone knows where I can find the templates, or knows a link to some I can print, that would be cool.

Is it a wing or spoiler?

can't you see how fucking stupid you look?

your comment was either you being a smart ass, a dumbass, or the result of you not reading my post well enough.

either way, you need to stop shitting all over my thread, I am asking for help, not smart ass/dumbass comments.

keep that shit to yourself, it doesn't help.

DJ 21o3
03-18-2014, 07:13 PM
lol Livid, you fail as a troll.

but OP, I would just take it to an autobody shop and ask them to install it. It might sound like a waste of money, but my grandpa owns an autobody shop and you would be amazed how many people bring things like that to us. That way if it is crooked, we have to fix it before we can give them their car back. lol We measured and remeasured a cobalt's trunk 7 times before we finally started a hole.

Even at the autobody shop, it is rare for someone to have a print out template available, so measurements are your best bet.

Chaluska
03-18-2014, 09:45 PM
easiest thing to do, remove the old wing from the hatch. on the new 180sx wing, put clay/putty on the hatch deck around the area where you want to install the wing. push the wing down on the clay/putty and then you have the area where you need to drill your holes.

just a thought.

Edwin562
03-18-2014, 10:04 PM
confession, I eye balled it and it came out great.... after a while i took it off and start measuring and tried to get close to even as possible..

ReallyBroke
03-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Cool, thanks for the tips guys.

I work at a honda dealership and have to install wings every once in a while. the OEM dealer option wings come with templates. I was hoping that somebody here had bought a brand new OEM type X wing, and that it came with a template.

I'll just try and measure it out and drill the holes I guess. I'm sure it will turn out fine. its just nerve wracking drilling holes in my car. lol.

I've got a rocket bunny wing on my other car, I drilled holes and held the wing on with rivets, but that was easy, I just had to have my friend hold the wing on there so I could drill the holes.

CaTalyst.X
03-19-2014, 01:28 PM
If you have a shell, cant you just put some contact paper on the hatch and poke holes in it where the holes are in the shell... Then you just peel it off and put it on your shell.

ReallyBroke
03-19-2014, 01:34 PM
If you have a shell, cant you just put some contact paper on the hatch and poke holes in it where the holes are in the shell... Then you just peel it off and put it on your shell.

Do you mean use the mounting studs on the wing to poke holes in paper then trasfer it onto the car?

that is a really good idea!

a long piece of cardboard would work even better.

PW180SX
03-20-2014, 08:52 AM
http://midnighttouge.blogspot.com/2011/10/random-type-x-wing-measurements.html

Hope that's what you're looking for.