PDA

View Full Version : 98 s14 w/ ka dies on freeway, help!

A17Z
06-13-2004, 09:38 PM
So I'm driving about 80mph and all of a sudden my car start slowing down and I try pushing on the gas but it does nothing. Then my dash lights come on and I pull over to the shoulder. I try to start it and it cranks up but will not fire up. I double check my fuses and any lose wires. My battery seems fine and have a 3/4 tank of gas.

So this is deal though. I just had an alarm installed last weekend but I'm pretty sure that isn't interferring with anything. But two weeks ago, I had a used MSD 6A w/ tach adaptor installed and it has been running fine until today.

I'm suspecting that the MSD went bad or it fried my distributor. Another idea is possible something to do with my fuel. I haven't had enough time to take a look, but any help out there?????????????

Dousan_PG
06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
can you pull any ecu codes?

tak-
06-14-2004, 04:14 AM
I would pull your plugs and look at them. Let any gas in there dry up also, cranking w/o fire will flood your shit and it will never start. I would then go over all your timing, and make sure its all in check. check all your wires and hoses too.

davidae86
06-14-2004, 10:18 AM
...check your ignition wires from the key and anything going to it.. like the MSD.. if your alarm is the basic type.. then the ignition wire shouldnt be cut..unless the guy who installed it use that as the STARTER KILL instead of the starter wire...

A17Z
06-14-2004, 11:34 PM
thanks guys. i still haven't had a chance to take look at it. i'm going to check what codes pop up. hopefully it will give me an answer.

A17Z
06-19-2004, 10:54 AM
i was able to pull up 5 codes, all electrical! but they weren't related to anything that i thought it was going to. so i just took out the MSD and installed another distributor and it fired right up. not sure if it was the distributor or MSD that went out.