PDA

View Full Version : HVAC/Climate control

dreaMervaj
03-01-2014, 02:45 PM
So this is a weird problem. The blower was blowing air fine through the vents of my 98' 240sx until I changed the bulbs in my HVAC/climate control (the lights were flickering on and off). Now when I have the key on ON or if the car is running there is no air coming out of any of my vents and switching mode doesn't do anything either...

What could have possibly happened?

dreaMervaj
03-02-2014, 01:34 PM
It's weird because I've done this exact thing in two previous Kouki's and everything worked fine after and the lights in the climate control worked like it should with no ill affects...

Bump for suggestions.

kruked
03-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Sounds like you left something unplugged. Pull things out and see what is possible disconnected.

hollerjeet
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Check your HVAC blower motor resistor. sounds like it burnt up.

dreaMervaj
03-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys..

I didn't turn the car on for two days.. went to turn it on and drive it around and it was workin' fine. After like 15 mins it stopped working again. It seems like something is loose somewhere.. Gonna have to look into this on a sunny day.

Where's the HVAC blower resistor? Is it by the blower?

hollerjeet
03-03-2014, 10:23 PM
yes, it looks like a credit card once you pull it out. Google it, you'll find everything you need.

Agamemnon
03-03-2014, 11:53 PM
I would venture a guess that your blower resistor isn't the issue. The resistor is responsible for the fan speed only.

hollerjeet
03-04-2014, 07:51 PM
check your relays, maybe the actual climate control took a dump on you? yeah usually when its the resistor, the vents will work, and the blower motor works on the highest setting (4). are you getting power to any of the hvac units?