PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic converter

rookie
02-27-2014, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, really didnt want to post this question up. But got no choice since im new to a ka s14. Question is how many catalytic converters are on it? The guy who I got it from did a straight pipe and it sounds like shit. Seems like theres a catalytic converter right below the headers, is that it? Any help would be nice, thanks.

cotbu
02-27-2014, 10:30 PM
search for an s14 fsm, it will probably help later on down the road as well. 28

hollerjeet
03-02-2014, 03:38 AM
s14 has one functional cat and one dummy cat. the functional one is right after the headers on the down pipe.. the second "dummy" cat is where a regular cat back exhaust would bolt up too. same spot as the s13.

dummy cats are just hollowed cats, but look like functional cats from the outside.

rookie
03-06-2014, 08:25 AM
s14 has one functional cat and one dummy cat. the functional one is right after the headers on the down pipe.. the second "dummy" cat is where a regular cat back exhaust would bolt up too. same spot as the s13.

dummy cats are just hollowed cats, but look like functional cats from the outside.

Thanks
Holler, that was the question I've been asking, since the previous owner chopped out the dummy cat.. No one seem to be able to answer my question.. Thanks

zerodameaon
03-06-2014, 04:11 PM
If no one can answer your question you are asking the wrong people. Its common knowledge and easy to find online that the S14 has a real cat in the down pipe and a fake one where the S13 cat is at. Only people who do not know that are cops and they think there should be a cat where the S13 one is at, just a heads up in case you get a dick cop.

battosaii930
03-06-2014, 09:33 PM
sucks to live in Commiefornia i have no cat just a 3" turbo back exhaust and the only time ive gotten stopped was because the cop liked my car and hes building an S13 with a 2j lol

hollerjeet
03-06-2014, 10:30 PM
it doesnt suck to live in cali.. pollution here is a big issue due to the high levels of nox, sox and hfc, cfc's. strict smog regulations are enforced in attempts to bring down those levels so children stop developing lung deficiencies. You do know smog is almost as bad as smoking right? & im sure you seen/heard how bad smog is in L.A. imagine what your doing to yourself if you live in cali and smoke?

so cool bro.. you have no cat on you car, way to directly contribute to the problem in your area and around the world. im sure Florida will bump up their regulations soon enough as the problem persists and worsen.

rookie
03-06-2014, 11:22 PM
If no one can answer your question you are asking the wrong people. Its common knowledge and easy to find online that the S14 has a real cat in the down pipe and a fake one where the S13 cat is at. Only people who do not know that are cops and they think there should be a cat where the S13 one is at, just a heads up in case you get a dick cop.

Well I took it to a muffler shop and they told me that catalytic converter was below the header. I didn't know that cuz I had a s13 before.. But thanks for the help guys.

zerodameaon
03-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Well when I say common knowledge I don't mean you should automatically have it, and you were right to question a muffler shop. I mean more of the 240 community when I say people.