PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay for this?

77X
02-26-2014, 06:41 PM
Hello, there is a 1995 metallic green Nissan Silvia/240sx that I was interested in buying. The car has a questionable engine (no turbo also), no dents or rust, little scratches in the paint, 5-speed, higher miles, horrible subwoofer installation, and is currently not running. I am new to these cars, drifting, and etc.. How much is it worth? Sorry about no pictures.

battosaii930
02-26-2014, 10:17 PM
good chassis bad engine id say $1000

Kingtal0n
02-27-2014, 05:45 PM
If the chassis is good, and I mean good. The frame rails, the pinch welds, the seam glue, no rust, clean power steering lines and rack, original tie rods, original bumper hardware, untouched headlights/brackets, no previous body work (check the quarters, fenders, etc..) , original paint, all original vin tags, original suspension, 2-3 owners with a clean carfax....

because there are so many things that can go wrong with these cars, it is very rare to find one like that. I found ONE 95' base auto (base+auto model is more desirable for projects) in the last 3 years, with 130,000 miles, original everything running great, sold it for $5000. But that is a very rare thing to find.

I'd pay $2500 for just a chassis like I mentioned above. The original KA engine is worth about $500 if it is running properly.

fliprayzin240sx
02-27-2014, 06:18 PM
^^^Why the fuck would you pay $2500 for a non-running non-kouki S14? I paid that much for my S14 and even then, I still think I overpaid for that POS. All I wanted was a drivable car with a decent body to swap my stuff into.

Kingtal0n
02-27-2014, 06:51 PM
^^^Why the fuck would you pay $2500 for a non-running non-kouki S14? I paid that much for my S14 and even then, I still think I overpaid for that POS. All I wanted was a drivable car with a decent body to swap my stuff into.

If you can find one like I just described, you have found gold. Like I said one sold for $5000 to a very prestigous drift shop. Those guys know whats up, they make their own parts, and had the entire USA to choose a car from. Thats how rare it is to find like that.