PDA

View Full Version : Get featured in Super Street Mag

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 12:19 PM
If any of you guys run Varrstoen wheels, this may be of interest to you. They are putting 3 of their customers in Super Street ads.
http://varrstoen.com/superstreet/

http://varrstoen.com/socialcontest/myvarrstoenad/YourCarHere.jpg

darkevildrifter
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Does it need to run?? LOL

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
I won't tell if you won't tell.

blackrms13
02-19-2014, 01:01 PM
lol...shitstoen...

quality of their product should go up over time...not down

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM
How has it gone down?

dudermagee
02-19-2014, 01:21 PM
I would say that super street has gone down if they are featuring those wheels

Hatemy7
02-19-2014, 01:22 PM
I would say that super street has gone down if they are featuring those wheels

Only remember super street ever been good in the late 90s...

so not sure what your talking about.

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 01:42 PM
The entire print industry is grabbing for straws. Beggars can't be choosers.

BoostSlideWayz
02-19-2014, 02:12 PM
Only thing about magazines like that is they usually want a perfect looking car. id like to see more magazines with normal builds that arent perfect but get the job done.

I was considering getting varrstoen wheels but at the moment i can't afford anything HA.

Even if i did they would probably say the car isn't really magazine worthy.. Most likely they are going to choose a car thats nearly perfect paint,body, and wheel fitment wise.

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Perhaps that's exactly what they should do. The exact opposite (relatively) to whatever the competition is doing.

blackrms13
02-19-2014, 03:26 PM
How has it gone down?

you obviously don't know anything about them, while you are still advertising for them...

chipping the wheel, not just the paint, from just mounting tire on...need I say more? :hey:

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
That doesn't establish a decrease in quality. It establishes User Error.

blackrms13
02-19-2014, 04:00 PM
if you love wheels that chunk, good for you

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Agreed. However, it should be understood that their target market is not everyone. It's not for the purest or high-browed. Their wheels are for those who likely lives pay check to pay check but wants/NEED to splurge a little to keep their sanity. Are they $4K Works? No. But to Varrstoen customers, they are.

There is, without a doubt, a structural difference. Yet, they are serve their purpose and serve it well. The real issue here is the massive lack of perspective when it comes to other people's position and priorities. When you down talk down about rep wheels, you aren't insulting the wheel manufacturer. You're insulting those who may not be as economically sound as you. Makes you look like a bigot.

blackrms13
02-19-2014, 04:59 PM
lol...when did I ever bring the problem with "rep" wheels up? I did not compare them against any JDM brands nor cast vs. forged bullshit, I'm comparing to their OWN product. They switched factory, I assume to save cost, and quality went down while price went up...

you need to learn how to read

spooled240
02-19-2014, 05:02 PM
damn so are the first gen varrstoens pulling a premium now?

PeaceOnesxWai
02-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Its a paid ad people, not a full feature.. Basically theyre looking for a good looking car to use for their ad that they going to take out on SuperStreet. Doesnt have to be clean throughout, just photogenic for a one page ad -.-

tricky_ab
02-19-2014, 06:28 PM
I didn't expect this thread to get heated till at least the second page...

http://replygif.net/i/187.gif

Only thing about magazines like that is they usually want a perfect looking car. id like to see more magazines with normal builds that arent perfect but get the job done.

I was considering getting varrstoen wheels but at the moment i can't afford anything HA.

Even if i did they would probably say the car isn't really magazine worthy.. Most likely they are going to choose a car thats nearly perfect paint,body, and wheel fitment wise.

Serious question... Why would you want to pay money to look at average looking cars in a magazine? I mean, you can do that every day on various build threads on the net...

BoostSlideWayz
02-19-2014, 07:07 PM
I didn't expect this thread to get heated till at least the second page...

http://replygif.net/i/187.gif

Serious question... Why would you want to pay money to look at average looking cars in a magazine? I mean, you can do that every day on various build threads on the net...

Im not necessarily hating, infact i think its neat that this opportunity is possible. However on the other hand i feel like the odds of anyone applying from this forum being picked are slim.

And honestly i would actually like to see a magazine based on average home built projects. Don't get me wrong i love super street and d sport they have amazing cars. But i personally think a magazine based on builds with tips and what not for the average car builder that wants to build an effective car would be good content.

simmode1
02-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Agreed. However, it should be understood that their target market is not everyone. It's not for the purest or high-browed. Their wheels are for those who likely lives pay check to pay check but wants/NEED to splurge a little to keep their sanity. Are they $4K Works? No. But to Varrstoen customers, they are.

There is, without a doubt, a structural difference. Yet, they are serve their purpose and serve it well. The real issue here is the massive lack of perspective when it comes to other people's position and priorities. When you down talk down about rep wheels, you aren't insulting the wheel manufacturer. You're insulting those who may not be as economically sound as you. Makes you look like a bigot.
Man, you're fighting a losing battle around here with that one. I used to be all gung ho for XXR, Rota and Varrstoen since they're very budget friendly. I still don't have a problem with them.

But when you know you can get on Wheelflip or Yahoo Japan, buy some legit wheels for roughly the same the price or less of the knock-offs and then spend a little extra having them rebarrelled to your specifications.... What's the point of knock-offs then?

I mean, if I'm trying to spend the bare minimum on brand new wheels, I'm going to NL Motoring and getting some 18x10 XXR's for under $800 at rock bottom prices. Or cheaper yet, China Mustangs... But at the point when the knockoffs are surpassing $1000-$1200 a set, I can't justify it anymore.

Dousan_PG
02-19-2014, 08:37 PM
so u gotta run some knock off shit wheels to get into super street these days?

pretty funny.

u might not agree w/ my opinion on these wheels thats cool. i dont care. id never use them.

dudermagee
02-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Im not necessarily hating, infact i think its neat that this opportunity is possible. However on the other hand i feel like the odds of anyone applying from this forum being picked are slim.

And honestly i would actually like to see a magazine based on average home built projects. Don't get me wrong i love super street and d sport they have amazing cars. But i personally think a magazine based on builds with tips and what not for the average car builder that wants to build an effective car would be good content.

Project car magazine was pretty cool

Rhoad Racing
02-19-2014, 10:13 PM
lol...when did I ever bring the problem with "rep" wheels up? I did not compare them against any JDM brands nor cast vs. forged bullshit, I'm comparing to their OWN product. They switched factory, I assume to save cost, and quality went down while price went up...

you need to learn how to read

You and I both know the conversation was inevitably heading in that direction.

Man, you're fighting a losing battle around here with that one. I used to be all gung ho for XXR, Rota and Varrstoen since they're very budget friendly. I still don't have a problem with them.

No doubt. Us beating this dead horse is just a waste of time.

So let me ask this. Serious question, btw:
If you were Varrstoen, XXR, etc, what would you do to gain market share in an extremely flooded market? Develop your own designs/line of wheels? Simply increase quality (will likely increase cost)? Completely embrace the fact that you produce 'rep' / 'cheap' wheels?

simmode1
02-20-2014, 09:47 AM
You and I both know the conversation was inevitably heading in that direction.

No doubt. Us beating this dead horse is just a waste of time.

So let me ask this. Serious question, btw:
If you were Varrstoen, XXR, etc, what would you do to gain market share in an extremely flooded market? Develop your own designs/line of wheels? Simply increase quality (will likely increase cost)? Completely embrace the fact that you produce 'rep' / 'cheap' wheels?

I don't spend ANY time thinking about what those companies need to be doing to make more money off of other ppl's designs. I think consumers need to be better informed about their options. But I will say that, at least XXR has some original designs, they have the largest amount of offerings and they consistantly have lower prices than the other replica companies.

blackrms13
02-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Every wheel company has to start somewhere, once you've get started, you should make sure the quality of your product goes up, not down. In the mean time, develop new products.

Simple Business 101... and yet they don't understand that, just wants $$$ and don't give a shit about their product

unwtdhero
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Mods retitle thread to rep vs "jdm" wheels..

Ps. If the wheel is round, im down

simmode1
02-20-2014, 11:25 AM
^^^It's not just JDM wheels... Varrstoen has replicated BBS, not just Work & Volk. And I just saw an advertisement of Zedd wheels knocking off the sexy ass Rotiform TMB...

Rhoad Racing
02-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Every wheel company has to start somewhere, once you've get started, you should make sure the quality of your product goes up, not down. In the mean time, develop new products.

Couldn't agree more, sir.
Apologies for this thread going OT.

HyperTek
02-20-2014, 01:06 PM
had my s13 in a few ads back in 06
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/t1/5694_104582323556_5042438_n.jpg

blackrms13
02-20-2014, 05:50 PM
^^^It's not just JDM wheels... Varrstoen has replicated BBS, not just Work & Volk. And I just saw an advertisement of Zedd wheels knocking off the sexy ass Rotiform TMB...
rotiform is so ugly and over hyped

5280VertDET
02-20-2014, 06:13 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

collegekid
02-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Why do you guys care so much about the dumbass kids who buy that knockoff shit? Who cares that its better to buy a used set of legit wheels and refinish them than to buy a new set of "wheels" from varrstoen/xxr/rota. Those who know, know and those who don't do ANY research are destined to get fucked over.

Remember when you were like 14 and looking at andy's auto sport but never actually bought from them because at some point you realised what kind of product they sold?
(I did actually buy shitty ED fenders through AAS but that's not the point)

I learned my lesson, so let them learn theirs.

I'm sure there is some kid on this forums with a set of these wheels that's dying to get featured. So let it happen.

Testicles. That is all

simmode1
02-21-2014, 05:00 PM
rotiform is so ugly and over hypedYeah, I'm gonna disagree with you on whether Rotiform are ugly. I'm not a fan of all their designs, but the TMB is right up there with Work Meisters in my book. http://stancewords.stanceworks.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/sony-dsc-62.jpeg