PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo, meet your match. Project CARS.

Dutchmalmiss
01-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Project CARS Onboard - Ford Capri Zakspeed @ Nordschleife - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuVYKHeSwJI)

The lighting. The working gauges. The sound. Good Lord.

Slated for Q4 2014 release on PC, Xbox One, PS4.

Yellow4g63
01-22-2014, 04:29 PM
looks pretty cool, hope they have a good car selection too.

simmode1
01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks sweet. Too bad I'm leaving Sony for X-Box. Need the Kinect...

One_love_silvia
01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Looks sweet. Too bad I'm leaving Sony for X-Box. Need the Kinect...

wat.

this is literally the first time ive EVER heard someone say that.

240boi115
01-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Maaaan this game looks reeeeal good! I've always been a forza (except horizons) and grand Trismo fan for the graphics and realism. Nfs blows now but this game is amazing! Proof that the little things on life count and make a difference sometimes xP

simmode1
01-23-2014, 01:52 PM
wat.

this is literally the first time ive EVER heard someone say that.
Want to incorporate the Kinect's motion tracking into my Capoeira training. Can't do that with the PS Move. Need my hands free.

Might get the game on PC though if it's really that good.

AFSil80
01-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Sure...it looks better.

But I'm pretty sure GT6 won't be beaten when it comes to driving physics, among other things.

aga
01-24-2014, 04:29 AM
i was saving up for a nardi, but it seems the wheel i'll be buying is logitech...

Driftwire
01-24-2014, 05:14 AM
i was saving up for a nardi, but it seems the wheel i'll be buying is logitech...

Ha thats probably one of the funniest things ive seen on this forum, Aside from the potato fuse.

But this game does look pretty tight. Will have to try it on my PC with a wheel setup. I should be getting one soon to run 3 monitor drift game.

tricky_ab
01-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm going to have to check this out. I'm in on either system since I own both...

FRpilot
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Might get the game on PC though if it's really that good.

I'll probably get it for PC too.

LoneStarSilvia
01-24-2014, 08:32 PM
This has been in the makings for a hot minute hasn't it?

Kojo
01-24-2014, 09:20 PM
This has been in the makings for a hot minute hasn't it?

yeah they were initially making it for ps3/xbox 360 and that got scrapped, they decided to make it for the next gens...that's why it seems like it's been in the works for so long...due to release late this year:eek3d:

Kojo
01-24-2014, 09:28 PM
and please let's not compared gran turismo to anything anymore, I was a loyal GT series fan till 3...after that they just stuck with the same old tired formula cause it keeps getting praise/selling...how do you make six games and have managed to inject zero weight transfer which is HUGE when it comes to realism, the sound, seriously, do I even need to say anything about the engine sounds.....the rims get worse and worse looking every game and has zero ambition to make the one customization thing they have worthwhile, and not to mention that 40mph feels like 200...absolutely awful...yes it felt a LOT better with the logitech wheel, but with the controller its a DUD.

I actually waited for gt6 before shoving it in a drawer and selling my ps3 to move on to xbox for forza...I can't stop playing forza, sure it has some quirks, but overall way more enjoyable/realistic game, I took a car to 200 yesterday and actually felt some butterflies right around 180+, and that's with a controller...they even have a manual/w clutch option on there and the xbox controller is perfectly designed to make it be flawless and add that much more fun to the game when you can rev match, etc, with a CONTROLLER!!!

anyways excuse my rant, just baffles me when I see gt STILL getting praise for it's driving characteristics/realism...the second I see that you've just told me you've never driven on a real track before....

LEG1T
01-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Eargasm Acquired.

TheRealSy90
01-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Like how they failed at the heel-toe animation, he left foot brakes and shifts without the clutch instead. Maybe dog box, still looks dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aga
01-25-2014, 12:54 AM
and please let's not compared gran turismo to anything anymore, I was a loyal GT series fan till 3...after that they just stuck with the same old tired formula cause it keeps getting praise/selling...how do you make six games and have managed to inject zero weight transfer which is HUGE when it comes to realism, the sound, seriously, do I even need to say anything about the engine sounds.....the rims get worse and worse looking every game and has zero ambition to make the one customization thing they have worthwhile, and not to mention that 40mph feels like 200...absolutely awful...yes it felt a LOT better with the logitech wheel, but with the controller its a DUD.

I actually waited for gt6 before shoving it in a drawer and selling my ps3 to move on to xbox for forza...I can't stop playing forza, sure it has some quirks, but overall way more enjoyable/realistic game, I took a car to 200 yesterday and actually felt some butterflies right around 180+, and that's with a controller...they even have a manual/w clutch option on there and the xbox controller is perfectly designed to make it be flawless and add that much more fun to the game when you can rev match, etc, with a CONTROLLER!!!

anyways excuse my rant, just baffles me when I see gt STILL getting praise for it's driving characteristics/realism...the second I see that you've just told me you've never driven on a real track before....

so true, all of it. i have both ps3 and xbox, and forza is light years ahead in gameplay. the upside of GT is that its got all that precious JDM metal we love, AND you can plug a serious steering wheel on the ps3. but other than that, forza all the way.

heychris
01-25-2014, 01:14 AM
Unfortunately. ...nothing and I mean nothing on a console even comes close to many PC sim racing titles in graphics, AI, realism or feedback with wheels etc...If you doubt....YouTube super - FOV, specifically Remco Hitman and prepare for mind blow....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

01-25-2014, 01:41 AM
Unfortunately. ...nothing and I mean nothing on a console even comes close to many PC sim racing titles in graphics, AI, realism or feedback with wheels etc...If you doubt....YouTube super - FOV, specifically Remco Hitman and prepare for mind blow....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I would have to agree.

Triple screen sim rig running Assetto Corsa or iRacing is the way to go.