PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Reagan died today.

nocomedown
06-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Sad news. He was definitely a great man, and whether you're republican, democrat, or none of the above, I think we can all agree that he brought a lot of good to the nation (and the world for that matter), and a lot of respect to the office.

Just thought that there should be a post about this. :-/

G_Fish240
06-05-2004, 05:28 PM
yeah, I mean I was only a little kid during his admin. but he did a lot of good things like bringing down the berlin wall and stuff. a good man.

chokudoriS13
06-05-2004, 06:53 PM
yeah, I mean I was only a little kid during his admin. but he did a lot of good things like bringing down the berlin wall and stuff. a good man.

Look up Iran-Contra, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Grenada... He achieved some good things, but he was not perfect by any means...RIP.

nocomedown
06-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Look up Iran-Contra, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Grenada... He achieved some good things, but he was not perfect by any means...RIP.
no one ever said he was perfect. his politics were certainly not loved by all, but no one can deny his patriotism or his strength in standing by his beliefs.

look up fall of communism, keynesian economics, etc. or better yet, forget the politics and just look up what kind of man he was. that's what this is really about.

MakotoS13
06-05-2004, 08:09 PM
who the hell is that?

nocomedown
06-05-2004, 08:37 PM
who the hell is that?
i hope you're kidding. In case you're not, I'll bring you up to speed. Reagan was President of the United States from 1980-1988. He died at age 93 after battling Alzheimers for many years. If you go to any news website or read the newspaper tomorrow morning, I guarantee that you'll be able to learn a lot about him. It'd be worth your while...he led a very full and interesting life.

MakotoS13
06-05-2004, 08:57 PM
ha ha ha ha ha, you gotta be makin this up

nocomedown
06-05-2004, 09:18 PM
i don't get at all what's funny about this...not a humorus subject matter at all.

OptionZero
06-05-2004, 09:23 PM
sarcasm.

its camoflouged by people's stupidity.

nocomedown
06-05-2004, 11:09 PM
sarcasm.

its camoflouged by people's stupidity.
i dunno man. i hope that's all it was, but you'd think people would have a bit more respect and know the time for that. either way its pretty pathetic.

Burmonster
06-05-2004, 11:41 PM
He was a great man, he will be missed by many and should be missed by all.

cali240sxdrifter
06-05-2004, 11:50 PM
i dunno man. i hope that's all it was, but you'd think people would have a bit more respect and know the time for that. either way its pretty pathetic.

Yeah seriously, don't let TURENOCOUPE in here hahaha

but seriously thou, I was just a baby when he was in his last term, he did alot to my parents home country El Salvador which was cool. The tv i have in my room only gets NBC so am watching a speical on him, lots of funny stuff he did when he was in Office.

MakotoS13
06-06-2004, 03:44 AM
i was just pickin dude, don't get your feathers ruffled. people die all the time, i don't see anybody cryin over the thousands dying in third world countries right now. yeah, death sucks but actin like you know or truly care about someone that you didn't know is kinda silly. like all those kids that cried when kurt cobain whacked himself.

for some reason life is valued more if your famous... sad.

iyceman
06-06-2004, 05:27 AM
No, life is valued when it has effected somebody. When someone has a public life their actions can effect even the people who didn't know them personally. Reagan did a lot of things to help a lot of people; Kobain touched a lot of people with his music, and his lifestyle, and moreover he changed the face of music. Short of the Beatles no one band has ever shaped the course of music the way Nirvana did; they were the fathers of alternative and modern rock, and Kobain was a big part of that. As a musician I can tell you that there's a very good reason that a lot of people were effected by his death, especially given the violent and self-imposed nature of it. Kobain's suicide wasn't just a death, it was a desperate act committed by someone that millions of people could identify with, and something like that really hits at home. But maybe you're too closed off and absorbed with your own importance to care about anybody else.

mjjstang
06-06-2004, 08:58 AM
we talking about Reagan or Cobain here. but yah sad that he died, seems every thread though about something bad, (car stolen, people die, etc,) theres always gonna be somebody that bitches.

MakotoS13
06-06-2004, 10:53 AM
No, life is valued when it has effected somebody. When someone has a public life their actions can effect even the people who didn't know them personally. Reagan did a lot of things to help a lot of people; Kobain touched a lot of people with his music, and his lifestyle, and moreover he changed the face of music. Short of the Beatles no one band has ever shaped the course of music the way Nirvana did; they were the fathers of alternative and modern rock, and Kobain was a big part of that. As a musician I can tell you that there's a very good reason that a lot of people were effected by his death, especially given the violent and self-imposed nature of it. Kobain's suicide wasn't just a death, it was a desperate act committed by someone that millions of people could identify with, and something like that really hits at home. But maybe you're too closed off and absorbed with your own importance to care about anybody else.

WTF? as a musician and a writer i can tell you that i don't give a crap that some junkie offed himself. yeah, i said it. i liked nirvana but i'm not about to preten like i care that some stupid heroine adddict killed himself cause he couldn't cope with success. freaking stupid.

besides there are PLENTY of bands that shaped music. what about metallica? you're an idiot if you think nirvana had more impact than those blokes.

the point is that human life shouldn't be of more value just because your famous, period.

p.s. kinda sucks that your idol is cobain and you can't even get his name right....

240Driver39
06-06-2004, 04:23 PM
archangelprez, dont enter a thread like this and drag it way off topic, first off posing joke to it, and then goin off topic with it.

A former president died, the original poster was commenting on the loss. He was a president of two terms and did a lot in his life, have some damn respect.

MakotoS13
06-06-2004, 06:28 PM
alright, since i've said my piece i'll stay out. i just hate to see people crying buckets for someone who's just a face on a TV to them. if you knew the guy that's one thing but i don't see anyone spillin salt over the hundreds of thousands dying every year for senseless reasons.

he was an old guy that seemed to have a good run. seems that my respect is unecessary at this juncture.

240Driver39
06-06-2004, 08:04 PM
alright, since i've said my piece i'll stay out. i just hate to see people crying buckets for someone who's just a face on a TV to them. if you knew the guy that's one thing but i don't see anyone spillin salt over the hundreds of thousands dying every year for senseless reasons.

he was an old guy that seemed to have a good run. seems that my respect is unecessary at this juncture.

i can understand if u wanted to say your peace..but what wasthe poitn of 3/4 of ur posts in this thread. Its easy to simply show respect, thats all im seeing to get out of this.

nocomedown
06-06-2004, 08:26 PM

i don't think anyone's crying buckets here, but many people do see this as a sad event (rightly so). it'd be one thing if he was just some actor or musician or something, but this is different. Reagan's policies changed the world. He affected the lives of everyone, so it doesn't matter if I knew him personally or not. If you have nothing useful to say, just keep quiet. Thanks to 240driver for trying to put it in perspective.

iyceman
06-06-2004, 09:15 PM
WTF? as a musician and a writer i can tell you that i don't give a crap that some junkie offed himself. yeah, i said it. i liked nirvana but i'm not about to preten like i care that some stupid heroine adddict killed himself cause he couldn't cope with success. freaking stupid.

besides there are PLENTY of bands that shaped music. what about metallica? you're an idiot if you think nirvana had more impact than those blokes.

the point is that human life shouldn't be of more value just because your famous, period.

p.s. kinda sucks that your idol is cobain and you can't even get his name right....

Cobain isn't my fucking idol, and I've been up since Friday night, so sorry I made a small fuckup; something as wise and all-knowing as you would never do. At least I can spell my normal words, since for a writer you strike me as pretty godamned illiterate. Now I'd love to know HOW IN THE HELL YOU CLAIM THAT METALLICA INFLUENCED MUSIC MORE THAN NIRVANA?!?! Metallica is bullshit; they have a few cool sounding songs and some of their members are semi-talented, despite Lars Ulrich being a worse drummer than my penis, and I play bass. Name one thing Metallica did that somehow changed music? Besides suing their own godamned fans and getting lots of media exposure, making one of their members leave he was so sick of their bullshit, then hiring some new-metal head banging dipshit to play bass, what the fuck have they done? Nothing. Metallica helped a lot of pre-pubescent little boys express their anger with evil looking black t-shirts. My ass Metallica has made a lasting impact on the face of music, next you'll claim that Slipknot made more of a difference than the Beatles. Your opinions about Cobain are entirely yours, I don't give a rat's ass whether or not you think he had a positive influence on music, but you missed my entire point about how death can affect you whether or not you knew somebody. It isn't just because he was famous, although as in any case some people will mourn him for that reason; it's also largely because they both affected people's lives.
P.S. Kinda sucks that for someone acting like they shut me down you proved nothing other than you can't comprehend for shit. :down:

iyceman
06-06-2004, 09:24 PM
On topic, yeah, he will be missed, although at 93 after the illnesses he fought, you gotta think that he's happier dead.

mjjstang
06-06-2004, 09:36 PM
its deffinetely better this way then if he had died lets say when he got shot, It was his time. notice how on tv and shit its more of a rememberance rather than tradgedy and shit.

FastBack 240
06-07-2004, 01:19 AM
its deffinetely better this way then if he had died lets say when he got shot, It was his time. notice how on tv and shit its more of a rememberance rather than tradgedy and shit.

Cause they are remembering his life. If he died tragically lets say when the person attempted to assasinate him, then it would have been a tragedy. The man was 93 years old, lived a great life and his family and the public knew that he was going to die and it was just a matter of time. Im not considering this a tragedy just a misfortune and its better to see him go in peace in his own home then battle his disease. Sad to see such a great republican and president go.

v8blakdak
06-07-2004, 01:23 AM
:Owned: this thread should be locked
Cause they are remembering his life. If he died tragically lets say when the person attempted to assasinate him, then it would have been a tragedy. The man was 93 years old, lived a great life and his family and the public knew that he was going to die and it was just a matter of time. Im not considering this a tragedy just a misfortune and its better to see him go in peace in his own home then battle his disease. Sad to see such a great republican and president go.

nocomedown
06-07-2004, 01:30 AM
:Owned: this thread should be locked
why? theres nothing out of hand in here. sure some people made some comments that others dont agree with, but i think everyone's resolved their issues now.

ICKY
06-07-2004, 02:06 PM
IMHO, i think reagan was the best president ever. I might not have experienced his administration personaly, but i do know how to read. He took no Ish from anyone. Why do you think those hostages were set free? Because they knew reagen wouldnt put up with their Ish. No major wars were started during his presidency. Because everyone knew he would crush all those who were against him.Too bad we cant have more people like him in office.

chokudoriS13
06-07-2004, 03:29 PM
He took no Ish from anyone. Why do you think those hostages were set free? Because they knew reagen wouldnt put up with their Ish. No major wars were started during his presidency. Because everyone knew he would crush all those who were against him.Too bad we cant have more people like him in office.

In the Iran-Contra Affair, United States President Ronald Reagan's administration secretly sold arms to Iran, which was engaged in a bloody war with its neighbor Iraq from 1980 to 1988 (see Iran-Iraq War), and diverted the proceeds to the Contra rebels fighting to overthrow the leftist democratically-elected Sandinista government of Nicaragua. Those sales thus had a dual goal: appeasing Iran, which held American hostages and supported bombings in Western European countries, and funding an anti-Communist guerilla war.

Both actions were contrary to acts of Congress which prohibited the sale of weapons to Iran, as well as in violation of UN sanctions.

The Israeli government approached the United States in August 1985 with a proposal to act as an intermediary by shipping 508 American-made TOW anti-tank missiles to Iran in exchange for the release of the Reverend Benjamin Weir, an American hostage being held by Iranian sympathizers in Lebanon, with the understanding that the United States would then ship replacement missiles to Israel. Robert McFarlane, the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, approached United States Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger and arranged the details. The transfer took place over the next two months.

In November, there was another round of negotiations, where the Israelis proposed to ship Iran 500 HAWK anti-aircraft missiles in exchange for the release of all remaining American hostages being held in Lebanon. General Colin Powell attempted to procure the missiles, but realized that the deal would require Congressional notification as its overall value exceeded $14 million. McFarlane responded that the President had decided to conduct the sale anyway. Israel sent an initial shipment of 18 missiles to Iran in late November, but the Iranians didn't approve of the missiles, and further shipments were halted. Negotiations continued with the Israelis and Iranians over the next few months.

In January of 1986, Reagan allegedly approved a plan whereby an American intermediary, rather than Israel, would sell arms to Iran in exchange for the release of the hostages, with profits funnelled to the Contras. In February, 1,000 TOW missiles were shipped to Iran. From May to November, there were additional shipments of miscellaneous weapons and parts.

The proceeds from the arms sales were diverted, via Colonel Oliver North, aide to the U.S. National Security Advisor John Poindexter, to provide arms for the Contras (from Spanish contrarrevolucionario, "counter-revolutionary"). The Sandinistas' eventual loss of power in the 1990 national election was seen by some as stemming from U.S. support for the contras as well as the effects of a U.S. trade embargo initiated in May 1985.

The U.S. accused the Sandinistas of being backed by the Soviet Union and Cuba, and of supporting in turn left-wing rebels against the U.S.-backed government in El Salvador, scene of a destructive civil war throughout the 1980s. In 1985, the Sandinista movement claimed a majority in elections validated by other independent observers from Western democracies as having been fair and free, but the Reagan administration rejected the election as fraudulent.

Many conservatives agreed with Reagan and ignored the findings of these international observers, comparing the election to one-candidate "elections" in communist countries, although six parties ran against the Sandinistas in that election, winning 35 of 96 seats in the national legislature.

The Reagan administration, contrary to acts of Congress (specifically the 1982-1983 Boland Amendment), ferried funds and weaponry to the Contras gained by the sale of arms to Iran. The Contras, led by former members of the National Guard of the overthrown Somoza regime (1936-1979) received weapons and training from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, especially in guerrilla tactics such as destroying infrastructural elements and assassination.

Eh, whatever... I'll still go to the library tonight and pay my respects...

Phlip
06-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Eh, whatever... I'll still go to the library tonight and pay my respects...
I agree with you, respects are due to the recently deceased, but what you posted just above questions just how "great" a president he was in my opiniojn and it seems that every time I mentioned anthing of that nature to someone today I was seen as being disrespectful. I think not... What was close to disrespectful was my statement last week when I saw the news that his health was fading, I said that he was 93 years old and sick, he was going to die soon anyway and all that he needed to do was lay down... Oh, there was also my statement that the pope is next.

nocomedown
06-07-2004, 05:20 PM
I won't disagree that there were bad points of his presidency...no man is perfect, but that's to be expected. 8 years is a long time, and there will always be highs and lows. The great things that happened during his administration, in my mind, far outweigh the bad things. Also, in reference to the Iran-Contra affair, I believe that it's been proved that Reagan was not involved in the affair, and even knew nothing about it until after it happened. Still, did he pass the blame on to others? Nope. Just something to think about.
I'd be proud to be half the man that he was.

ICKY
06-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I won't disagree that there were bad points of his presidency...no man is perfect, but that's to be expected. 8 years is a long time, and there will always be highs and lows. The great things that happened during his administration, in my mind, far outweigh the bad things. Also, in reference to the Iran-Contra affair, I believe that it's been proved that Reagan was not involved in the affair, and even knew nothing about it until after it happened. Still, did he pass the blame on to others? Nope. Just something to think about.

:werd: Xpecially that last sentence. Too bad the democrates are bashing him, AFTER he dies... he prolly would've opened up a can of whoop ass. LoL. Its pretty messed up on how low the Democratic party will go to get some votes. :fawkd:

MakotoS13
06-07-2004, 08:54 PM
My ass Metallica has made a lasting impact on the face of music, next you'll claim that Slipknot made more of a difference than the Beatles. Your opinions about Cobain are entirely yours, I don't give a rat's ass whether or not you think he had a positive influence on music, but you missed my entire point about how death can affect you whether or not you knew somebody.

see, i was gonna stay outta this till you posted this five page paragraph basically saying that metallica had no significant impact on music. i'm by no means a hardcore metallica fan but they brought metal into the mainstream just like cobain did with grunge just like elvis did with that good ole rock n' roll. the point is that metallica did it waaaaay before the nirvana bunch and did it damned good but no one glorifies them cause james hetfield didn't whack himself in a fit of self-pity. cause that's all it was; a junkie that shot himself cause he couldn't handle being successful. wah.

fucking cry me a river, dude.

besides you're comparing metallica of today instead of the band that wrote kill em all which is completely unfair and stupid. they wrote GREAT stuff, james hetfield is one of the best frontmen of all time, kurt hammet is one of the best leads of all time, and sure lars is a total asshat but they have tons of great material.

nirvana wasn't that great dude. that new song? GAY. completely retarded. maybe cobain killed himself before they started down the road that would remove them from the realm of legendary groups. sounds about right, a scared little junkie that didn't care about anything more than his own selfishness.

death is the natural order of life. mourning should be reserved for those that you truly care for... these people are strangers on CNN.

Phlip
06-07-2004, 09:58 PM
You DO realize that there are proprietary secrets that every president will take to their grave with them... It remains to the court of public opinion whether he actually knew about all of this shit... Now make room for the rules of subjectivity; my opinion is that he was full aware and somehow benefitted from it all personally, be it financially or simply in reputation. I think his lack of resolve to actually pass blame on to others supports this as well.

nocomedown
06-07-2004, 10:07 PM
eh, we all will have our own opinions on that, and in my opinion his character shows that he isnt the kind of man to do things like that. even so, he brought an incredible amount of optimism to the country and pulled us out of a recession and stock market crash. bringing about the fall of communism isn't a bad accomplishment either (yes i know he did not do it singlehandedly). but by now, everyone should know my opinions on this subject :). thats the great thing about this country, we're all entitled to have and show our own opinions.
and i do appreciate you recognizing that it's a proper time to show respect despite your disagreements with his policies.

bri96se
06-08-2004, 08:55 AM
[QUOTE=nocomedown]even so, he brought an incredible amount of optimism to the country and pulled us out of a recession and stock market crash./QUOTE]

Do you know what the national debt was at the time Reagan left office? Why do you think Bush wasn't re-elected? Reagan was a puppet.

iyceman
06-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Nirvana didn't bring grunge to the mainstream they MADE grunge. All Metallica did was make a genre sell out, just like the bunch of middle-aged ass pirates they are. They made one or two good CDs before totally selling out, woopdy fucking doo, not to mention just as many people cried about it when Burton died as did Cobain. Nirvana made a huge impact when Cobain was still alive, not after, and considering their drummer went on to make the Foo Fighters I'd say they've done more for music than a bunch of whiny moderately talented musicians who can't accept that they suck and that's the ONLY reason nobody buys their fucking CDs.

ICKY
06-08-2004, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=nocomedown]even so, he brought an incredible amount of optimism to the country and pulled us out of a recession and stock market crash./QUOTE]

Do you know what the national debt was at the time Reagan left office? Why do you think Bush wasn't re-elected? Reagan was a puppet.

As far as national debt goes, what was it when CLINTON left office? Bush senior wasnt re-elected because the american people belived in the B.S. Clinton said. That and Bush senior was kinda weak. Besides, you cant blame the national debt on Reagan unless you blame every president after and a few before him. National debt will ALWAYS be there, there is no way to pay it off. Reagan wasnt the perfect man alive, but i think he was closer to being perfect than any other president of the past 50 years.

bri96se
06-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Of course there is always going to be a national debt, but during Reagan's term the national debt was the highest it has ever been due to all the millitary spending. I think that Carter was the better president and he would have be re-elected if it wasn't the Iran hostages.

MakotoS13
06-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Nirvana didn't bring grunge to the mainstream they MADE grunge. All Metallica did was make a genre sell out, just like the bunch of middle-aged ass pirates they are. They made one or two good CDs before totally selling out, woopdy fucking doo, not to mention just as many people cried about it when Burton died as did Cobain. Nirvana made a huge impact when Cobain was still alive, not after, and considering their drummer went on to make the Foo Fighters I'd say they've done more for music than a bunch of whiny moderately talented musicians who can't accept that they suck and that's the ONLY reason nobody buys their fucking CDs.

one or two? kill em all through black were all awesome, that's like 4? the loaded stuff was quesitonable but still distinctly metallica. the new stuff blows but i never said it didn't lol. your opinion is just that but saying that nirvana had more musical talent than metallica is like saying creed has more talent than nirvana. seriously man, nirvana didnt suck but they aren't godlike as some people seem to think, foo fighters are BETTER, and they sure as hell didn't invent a genre.

iyceman
06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Although I'm glad there's no more anger in this conversation, I just wanna point out I wasn't saying Nirvana had more talent than Metallica, only that they influenced music more.

Var
06-09-2004, 05:46 PM
i cant believe it's still on the news.. our media sucks :jerkit:

MakotoS13
06-09-2004, 07:20 PM
its pretty funny how we're having a music debate while they're cryin over dead presidents.

nocomedown
06-09-2004, 08:01 PM
i cant believe it's still on the news.. our media sucks :jerkit:
thats because its a pretty big deal. there hasnt been a state funeral like this in 30 years...dont like it? dont watch tv. :rolleyes:

Var
06-09-2004, 08:08 PM
thats because its a pretty big deal. there hasnt been a state funeral like this in 30 years...dont like it? dont watch tv. :rolleyes:

it's not a big deal to me. He was a good man. And he died. My respects to him and what he accomplished in life. i dont watch tv. i catch 5-10 minutes of news a day. today it was flooded with trash as usual.

iyceman
06-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Presidents come and go; music is forever (except MTV, then it's just 15 minutes).

bri96se
06-10-2004, 06:59 AM
I still can't believe that people are still crying over a president who funded terrorist countries, trained Ben-ladin, and gave Saddam chemical weapons to kill his own people.

old_s13
06-10-2004, 10:11 AM
i never cared about reagan.. nor do i care about any of the bush'es.

i liked clinton though.

MakotoS13
06-10-2004, 10:35 AM
I still can't believe that people are still crying over a president who funded terrorist countries, trained Ben-ladin, and gave Saddam chemical weapons to kill his own people.

"but think of all the good he's done!" michael jackson fanclub

iyceman
06-10-2004, 12:41 PM
At the time Bin Laden was in the middle of a war with Russia, who at the time was our enemy. Nobody cried that we gave aide to Britain during WWII, but some turban wearing ass-hat turns around to dick us over and suddenly it's our fault... RIGHT. :rolleyes:

iyceman
06-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Might I add that liberal suckbags can go butt-fuck a toad, Reagan was just like any other man; he had his highs and his lows.
"He was a man, take him all in all, I shall not look upon his like again."
-Shakespeare

bri96se
06-10-2004, 01:11 PM
At the time Bin Laden was in the middle of a war with Russia, who at the time was our enemy. Nobody cried that we gave aide to Britain during WWII, but some turban wearing ass-hat turns around to dick us over and suddenly it's our fault... RIGHT. :rolleyes:

How can you compare helping Britain in WWII to helping a terrorist country? :jerkit: Besides we didn't even enter WWII until we were attacked by Japan. I bet you didn't even know that when Reagan sold those weapons to Iran that he betrayed your own millitary pilots. At the time our planes were not setup to deter our own anti aircraft missiles only the Soviet's. So guess what? :duh: Iran could now shoot down All US aircraft. If that does not sound like treason I don't know what is.

iyceman
06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
:fart: ]
Message length owns me.

smellslikecurry
06-11-2004, 08:34 PM
reagans hogging ray charles glory - ray charles was an awesome man, reagan was a phoney and grunge sucks

ICKY
06-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Speaking of treason, what about Clinton giving the Chinese satallite AND nuclear documents to them? What about LYING under OATH. Gettn a BJ in the oval office? Yeah... sounds like a great guy there. Clinton should NOT be compared to Reagan, Clinton was a socialist AND a communist. Clinton was the worst P.O.S. to ever get into office. Even his Ex-Wife is a retard. I think the whole Clinton family should be shot in the forehead. Selling weapons to Bin Laden in the war with russia seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Russia (who is our enemy at the time) invades Afgan. and the Russians are losing, so why not help out? BTW, Reagan sold those weapons to get those hostages back. I think it was a fair price considering how many hostages there were, to how many pilots were killed. Lastly, i agree with iyceman. :wiggle:

FastBack 240
06-12-2004, 02:29 AM
reagans hogging ray charles glory - ray charles was an awesome man, reagan was a phoney and grunge sucks

How was Reagan a phoney? Please let me know when you can think of it. All you haters explain to me please why Reagon was such a bad Prez. Please enlighten me. Douche bag Clinton aint about shit. None of the presidents since Reagan have done shit either.

Dont get me wrong Ray Charles was a good man as well. Its just a misfortune that two great men of American history dies in the same week. As to stealing the glory, Reagan was president, Charles was an entertainer.

iyceman
06-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I'd like to point out that you can ask ANY economist, any pure economist who cares more about their field than politics, and they'll tell you that Reagan and Bush (the first one) benefited the economy because they provided a long-term gradual increase, as opposed to a knee-jerk jump, which will lead to an equally knee-jerk fall. The reason our economy was prospered the past 20 years and has been faltering the past 8 is because there are no more long-term ecenomic plans in effect. The reason the economy was so great under Clinton is because he literally did next to nothing involving the economy. Now we have the second Bush who, while I personally believe is a relatively good person (c'mon, he's too stupid to be as evil as all these nut-case conspiracy theorists claim), is too dumb to do much good. Cheney on the other hand really needs to be deported to Somolia or something. Still, I'll vote for Bush this year too, because let's be honest, voting for Kerry is like voting for the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man. He's all fluff.

smellslikecurry
06-12-2004, 09:07 AM
hey man im not saying any other president rules either, im not a big fan of a lot of them, but were talking about reagan and he just didnt float my boat, im not a big fan with tampering with the middle east cuz were just fucking with people we dont need to fuck with.

clinton was a pimp

iyceman
06-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Clinton was a useless bleeding heart liberal ass-hat who cared more about appealing to minorities to assure his re-election than actually enacting any sort of positive legislation in our country. It's also interesting that every time he got in trouble with the law before he became president, anybody who was going to testify miraculously commited suicide by (and this is an actual event) shooting themself eight times in the head with a revolver. That person must have been SO stricken by regret for defaming an honorable man like Clinton that they shot themself six times in the head, RELOADED, and shot twice more. Oh, and his lovely wife Hillary campaigned for the communist party during and shortly after Vietnam, so everyone go out and vote for her!!! As far as the middle-east goes, I say we fucking annex Iraq and rename it Texas Jr. Bitch all you like, but you won't complain when you hit up the local Sunoco and 94 octane is $.46/gallon. :rawk:

smellslikecurry
06-12-2004, 09:37 AM
why do u have such resentment towards liberals? did one come up to u and kick you in the balls? you really need to grow up dude, were just throwing around opinions, not trying to get into a fight so take the dick out of ur ass and calm down. everyone has their own opinion and everyone thinks their own opinion is right so whats the use of fighting. it doesnt make you better than anyone. so seriously stfu

iyceman
06-12-2004, 09:41 AM
I'm a capitalist and a libertarian, therefore I both love AND hate liberals. I have nothing against liberals who want to enact positive social reform and grant personal freedoms, only the liberals who are complete hypocrites (like Clinton). I don't have a dick up my ass, or a chip on my shoulder; I just have very strong political beliefs. So sorry. You tell me that we're all shooting around opinions because I disagreed with you, and yet tell me to shut the fuck up when I do the same thing that you do. Nice little double standard you have going on.

iyceman
06-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Oh, btw, I am calm. This is the net, just because you imagine me jumping around and yelling doesn't mean I am. Did I use one exclamation point, or an emoticon that would otherwise indicate I was upset?

smellslikecurry
06-12-2004, 10:34 AM
im not telling you your wrong man, i just think you need to calm it down a little, and having strong politcal beliefs are good and u can disagree with me all u want, i respect your opinion and you should respect mine not jump down my throat about it. im not doing what your doing so theres no double standard going on over here.

iyceman
06-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Again, read my post; I am calm. Stop jumping to conclusions.

Phlip
06-12-2004, 11:46 AM
Dont get me wrong Ray Charles was a good man as well. Its just a misfortune that two great men of American history dies in the same week. As to stealing the glory, Reagan was president, Charles was an entertainer.
I will say this the way you mean it:
"Reagan was a old white man who was literally dead 15 years ago, just needed to lay down and seal the deal, while Ray Charles was a blind black guy, so who would even care?"

iyceman
06-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Way to put words in someone's mouth.

old_s13
06-12-2004, 11:58 AM
as always, i will share my wonderful thoughts on this matter....

reagan = crap
bill clinton = the bomb

Ronald.. seriously, are there ANY ronalds I trust? I dont trust Ronald McDonald. I dont trust Ronald Reagan. I think the only one I do think is cool, is Mr Biggs... Ronald Isley is cool with me.. but thats about it.

Its just common sense. When Clinton was in office, I had cash. Now with Bush in office, I dont have cash. When Clinton was in office, we didnt have wars going on. With Bush in office, we now have wars.

Im so narrow minded its rediculous and beautiful, all at the same time.

Phlip
06-12-2004, 12:00 PM
Way to put words in someone's mouth.
Thank you, I appreciate you're support

iyceman
06-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Like I said earlier though, Clinton rode the slowly increasing ecenomic prosperity that Reagan and the first Bush enacted by his (thankfully) utter lack of serious ecenomic policy. The best thing Clinton did was to do nothing at all.

smellslikecurry
06-12-2004, 02:41 PM
ray charles made good music

Phlip
06-13-2004, 04:12 PM
But not to worry people, help is on the way (http://www.bush-zombiereagan.com/) and change is gonna come...

FastBack 240
06-13-2004, 04:35 PM
I will say this the way you mean it:
"Reagan was a old white man who was literally dead 15 years ago, just needed to lay down and seal the deal, while Ray Charles was a blind black guy, so who would even care?"

Why does everything always have to involve racism? Ray Charles is one of the best entertainers of all time and started an new era of music. Really dont know how you could say such slander. :confused:

Phlip
06-13-2004, 06:24 PM
Why does everything always have to involve racism? Ray Charles is one of the best entertainers of all time and started an new era of music. Really dont know how you could say such slander. :confused:
They say that "cyncism is the humor of hatred," and that couldn't be mnore fitting than to take a casual look into me: I hate EVERYONE... I guess I should tell you what the first thing I asked when I was informed that Ray Charles had died, it goes like this:

Mom sends text message: Ray Charles died today
My reply: was he the driver or passenger
Mom: That's not funny Phillip
Me: I wonder if his life flashed before his eyes
Mom: You're wrong for that, I raised you better than that
Me: No wait, he wasn't blind until he was 7, so maybe he saw some of his life flash and heard the rest.
Mom: I'm done with it now, see you at 5:30

iyceman
06-13-2004, 07:31 PM
OMG that's funnny. Sick, but funny.

Phlip
06-13-2004, 07:55 PM
OMG that's funnny. Sick, but funny.
OH SO NOW IT'S FUNNY NOW THAT I'M TALKING ABOUT THE BLACK GUY AND NOT THE DEAD OLD GUY, HUH ASSHOLE?!!?

... jokes people, take it as such

iyceman
06-13-2004, 08:13 PM
No man, I thought you were trying to say the other guy was racist. That's why I said what I did. Sorry, misunderstood.

Phlip
06-13-2004, 08:28 PM
No, I give everyone a hard time, very much on purpose... I'll let you slide this time for being uninitiated to my shit, but don't expect it again.

smellslikecurry
06-13-2004, 08:49 PM
hahah^^^hahaha

Phlip
06-13-2004, 10:08 PM
... ANd guess what, 8 days later, he's STILL dead... Guess this means we can get back to our normal lives. I can go back to work and the remainder of you can continue bitching about a war that should never have happened, an isolated terrorist attack that will be never recreated, no matter how much "there will be another major terrorist attack attempted in the US before year's end" propaganda your head is filled with or how high gas prices happen to climb... PEOPLE, the world sucks, buy a straw.

Var
06-14-2004, 10:09 AM
wanna hear a funny joke? why are(were) Ray CHarles and Stevie Wonder always smiling?

bri96se
06-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Like I said earlier though, Clinton rode the slowly increasing ecenomic prosperity that Reagan and the first Bush enacted by his (thankfully) utter lack of serious ecenomic policy. The best thing Clinton did was to do nothing at all.

How the hell can you have increasing economic prosperity when you increase the triple the federal defict will in office? Ever heard of Reagenomics? Do some homework before you poison someone brain with with your stupidity.

iyceman
06-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Learn to form a sentence before accusing someone of not knowing what they're talking about. I am well aware of what ReagANomics was, also that it didn't work, and that it left us with more than triple the Federal defecit than when Reagan entered office. I'm not entirely sure why I said what I did, wasn't thinking clearly (I am prone to lapses where my intelligence rivals the retarded kid in Something about Mary; it's because I own a Ford).

iyceman
06-14-2004, 01:40 PM
However, Clinton was the perfect example of why I don't like liberals. His eight years of economic policies helped nobody except the poor, solely to protect his re-election. I'm tired of getting fucked over because the liberals know it's easy to get votes by promising low-income households free handouts on my dime. They claim it's the afluent who are to blame for their hard-luck, and as such the rich will pay for their handouts, but they neglect to address that the MIDDLE-CLASS are the ones who are hit the hardest by liberal ecenomic policies. We make just enough money to get bent over and take it up the ass from tax brackets, but not nearly enough to be able to not have it effect us. 15% of my paycheck goes to taxes for various assorted bullshit, and I don't see a penny of it because my family makes about $5,000 too much a year.

bri96se
06-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Quit complaining about the 2 buck extra month you had to pay for taxes during Clinton's term. You are always going to have to pay taxes. Deal with it. I have never said that I agreed with the every policy that Clinton made, but your taxes along with everyone else's did go to a few people who really needed it.

ICKY
06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Quit complaining about the 2 buck extra month you had to pay for taxes during Clinton's term. You are always going to have to pay taxes. Deal with it. I have never said that I agreed with the every policy that Clinton made, but your taxes along with everyone else's did go to a few people who really needed it.

Yeah, like when DOB went to pick up his wel-fare check in a limo. :wtf: So much for taxes gettn put to good use. :duh: The Liberals and their taxes make the middle and upper class pay MORE, because they are rich. Well, they SHOULD get more tax money back because they PAY more. Not to mention during reagans tax cuts, the economy improved. When Clinton was in, he taxed, and made people pay more money. No one even cared because they had the extra spare change to toss in. But now after 8 years everyone is running low on money, and they slow down spending, and NOW the economy slows down, but with bushes tax cuts, we will have more money to spend, and the economy will grow again.

FastBack 240
06-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Honest to pete..... :gives:

Var
06-14-2004, 07:33 PM
you mean ODB?

ICKY
06-14-2004, 09:08 PM
you mean ODB?

:doh: stupid me, but yeah, i meant ODB...

iyceman
06-15-2004, 05:43 AM
The problem is that tax increases without a meaningful social welfare structure are useless. My ex-girlfriend lived off of welfare for the majority of her life because her mom had MS and was nice enough to pass it down to her, and she couldn't work. I understand that some people need it, but at the same time I live in a city where it isn't uncommon to see low-income households where people just crap out another kid every year and a half to increase their welfare, and that kids gonna probably get stuck in the same cycle. No, I don't have a better alternative at the moment, but I know that someone needs to address the issue of welfare reform, and tax cuts/increases alone aren't going to help anything.

"The problem is that Republicans have BAD ideas, and Democrats have NO ideas... so when they get together we're REALLY fucked!"
- Louis Black

old_s13
06-15-2004, 11:23 AM
However, Clinton was the perfect example of why I don't like liberals. His eight years of economic policies helped nobody except the poor, solely to protect his re-election. I'm tired of getting fucked over because the liberals know it's easy to get votes by promising low-income households free handouts on my dime.

dude, quit talking about politics as if its something important.. as if its something ANY of us normal people know anything about. let me explain to you how it works, politics is dirty and fully controlled by the illuminati. we are mere peons who have NO control over anything. voting does nothing but put you on a hit list for court so that they have witnesses, junk mail, and other useless goverment records that you will be assimilated in. if you didnt notice, we are the governments bitches and getting fucked every moment of the day. this is why when i see cops, i consider it up there with seeing a gangster ready to somehow jack me. BUT, the only difference is that gangsters are more nice: either they'll fucking jack you and leave, OR, they'll kill you and put you out of your misery. Either way, thats a LOT better than what the government is capable of doing: which is not only citing you with a ticket, but if you dont pay that shit on time then it quadruples with ease. THEN, if you dont show in court you can have a warrant out for your arrest. THEN, you end up in jail and get butt raped.

So, as you can see.. its quite great for us non-illuminati to say "fuck politics" and not get involved with any of that shit, because its all fake and all evil. go against the government and die, it happened to everyone from martin luther king -- to fela kuti.

ps: fuck ronald reagan (shit, someone had to say it). wait wait, fuck him AND his wife. what america needs is a fuckin black president, run this shit right.

iyceman
06-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Right, good attitude. Let's pretend the government doesn't exist, whine about it instead of changing shit, and maybe all the evil fucking white guys will go away. :goyou:

ICKY
06-15-2004, 09:55 PM
ANARCHY IS THE ANSWER! :fawkd: government, and who needs politics? Not me. I'll jez enjoy myself an do what i want. :cool:

bri96se
06-16-2004, 07:13 AM
No Anarchy is not the answer. Can I say it? Power corrupts everyone. No one is immune. If more people cared about voting then these state representives would only get one chance to fuck up.

old_s13
06-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Right, good attitude. Let's pretend the government doesn't exist, whine about it instead of changing shit, and maybe all the evil fucking white guys will go away.

just keep ME off of the lists... ANY lists...

i dont want to know about solicitors, i dont want to know about kids needing money and food, i dont want to know about courts needing people for the jury, and i sure as hell dont give a flying fuck about a president who did absolutely nothing to help ME.

-- shrek

iyceman
06-16-2004, 07:32 PM
No Anarchy is not the answer. Can I say it? Power corrupts everyone. No one is immune. If more people cared about voting then these state representives would only get one chance to fuck up.
Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner. The only reason people can honestly say we have no say is because everybody believes that. If people actually ACTED it would matter.

Phlip
06-16-2004, 08:01 PM
However, Clinton was the perfect example of why I don't like liberals. His eight years of economic policies helped nobody except the poor, solely to protect his re-election. I'm tired of getting fucked over because the liberals know it's easy to get votes by promising low-income households free handouts on my dime. They claim it's the afluent who are to blame for their hard-luck, and as such the rich will pay for their handouts, but they neglect to address that the MIDDLE-CLASS are the ones who are hit the hardest by liberal ecenomic policies. We make just enough money to get bent over and take it up the ass from tax brackets, but not nearly enough to be able to not have it effect us. 15% of my paycheck goes to taxes for various assorted bullshit, and I don't see a penny of it because my family makes about $5,000 too much a year.
I will tell you, sir, that I have ZERO pity for you to wallow in, speaking on the behalf of someone who has done the math on a paycheck and seen that I am consistently taxed 26% on every one of my paychecks... Come see me when YOU pay $9700.00 in taxes during a year in which YOU only worked 9 months out of the year, following a 12 week leave for injury. Until then, please spare me.

However, Clinton was the perfect example of why I don't like liberals. His eight years of economic policies helped nobody except the poor, solely to protect his re-election. I'm tired of getting fucked over because the liberals know it's easy to get votes by promising low-income households free handouts on my dime.

dude, quit talking about politics as if its something important.. as if its something ANY of us normal people know anything about. let me explain to you how it works, politics is dirty and fully controlled by the illuminati. we are mere peons who have NO control over anything. voting does nothing but put you on a hit list for court so that they have witnesses, junk mail, and other useless goverment records that you will be assimilated in. if you didnt notice, we are the governments bitches and getting fucked every moment of the day. this is why when i see cops, i consider it up there with seeing a gangster ready to somehow jack me. BUT, the only difference is that gangsters are more nice: either they'll fucking jack you and leave, OR, they'll kill you and put you out of your misery. Either way, thats a LOT better than what the government is capable of doing: which is not only citing you with a ticket, but if you dont pay that shit on time then it quadruples with ease. THEN, if you dont show in court you can have a warrant out for your arrest. THEN, you end up in jail and get butt raped.

So, as you can see.. its quite great for us non-illuminati to say "fuck politics" and not get involved with any of that shit, because its all fake and all evil. go against the government and die, it happened to everyone from martin luther king -- to fela kuti.

ps: fuck ronald reagan (shit, someone had to say it). wait wait, fuck him AND his wife. what america needs is a fuckin black president, run this shit right.
Mike, this has been addressed time and time again... A black president would not be the answer and would not work, as the new president would be assassinated DURING his innauguration speech and no one would EVER investigate the shit, just like damn near every other high profile black person killed since 1980... The answer here is to nominate YOU for president, because your skin is pale enough to call you "white" and you have the answers this time around...

elevator
06-17-2004, 01:02 AM
BOSTON — John Kerry is annoyed that Ronald Reagan has died during the build up to this year’s Presidential election, and that all TV channels are extolling Reagan’s Presidency and his commitment to freedom. Kerry is worried that this constant reminder to voters of the importance of standing up to tyranny will boost President Bush’s popularity in these important months before the election.

“How did Karl Rove manage to time the death so well?” Kerry asked an aide. “He must have cut a deal with Nancy.”

“It is disgusting to see those world leaders being so nice to Bush,” said Kerry. “Why aren’t the networks showing the world leaders who support me – you know, the Malaysian guy, even if he is a Muslim, Castro, and the Venezuelan guy, whatever his name is.”

Kerry and his aides are determined to respond rapidly to Reagan’s death.

“We need our own death,” said a Kerry aide. “We ruled out Clinton - nobody likes him - and we wouldn’t get enough airtime from Gore, Mondale and Dukakis dieing, even if we did them all together. But Jimmy Carter, there’s a good one. Habitat for Humanity. Supervising elections. Nobel Peace Prize. He’s our man.”

holisticbeatz
06-17-2004, 02:25 AM
If you're a Ronald Reagan fan, watch the movie Jap Zero. Do a search on Ronald Reagan's film career and it won't mention his 1943 movie which was produced by the military.

Like the Nazi propaganda machine, the US had it's own.

old_s13
06-17-2004, 08:05 AM
No Anarchy is not the answer. Can I say it? Power corrupts everyone. No one is immune. If more people cared about voting then these state representives would only get one chance to fuck up

yes, this is why Maximus must take over Rome. The republic is corrupt and Commodus is unsteady, he MUST not rule.

Mike, this has been addressed time and time again... A black president would not be the answer and would not work, as the new president would be assassinated DURING his innauguration speech and no one would EVER investigate the shit, just like damn near every other high profile black person killed since 1980... The answer here is to nominate YOU for president, because your skin is pale enough to call you "white" and you have the answers this time around...

While I appreciate the kind gesture Philip, lets not forget Dave Chappelle's advice: vice president SANTIAGO. With a black president and a mexican vice, we know for DAMN sure no one is getting assassinated. ;)

Hey shit.. I wouldnt mind playing the Bill Clinton role, I have more soul than some black dudes.. shit, I think the only thing i dont do is smoke weed.. but fuckit, if I am going to be president I'de start smoking weed.. its not like you can do anything career-wise MORE important than president.

Imagine.. after being president, one day I will die and people on zilvia will say "ah that mike mamos, he was such a good president" even though I didnt do shit. I doubt the white house's lawn would even get cut with me in office.

- Mike

iyceman
06-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Today's paycheck had 33.7% witholdings. WTF is going on in NY!?!?

elevator
06-18-2004, 12:46 AM
[b]ps: fuck ronald reagan (shit, someone had to say it). wait wait, fuck him AND his wife. what america needs is a fuckin black president, run this shit right.
THAT was a perfectly good example of a totally STUPID post!! Where is your brain?

elevator
06-18-2004, 12:56 AM
If you're a Ronald Reagan fan, watch the movie Jap Zero. Do a search on Ronald Reagan's film career and it won't mention his 1943 movie which was produced by the military.

Like the Nazi propaganda machine, the US had it's own.
Here is one site of many! (http://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan/hollywood/)
Warner Bros.

This is the Army
Johnny Jones

First Motion Picture Unit
Himself

The Rear Gunner
Lt. Ames

For God and Country
Father Michael O'Keefe

Jap Zero
Lieutenant Jimmy Saunders

What are you talking about??

old_s13
06-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by old_s13

THAT was a perfectly good example of a totally STUPID post!! Where is your brain?

dont hate, im keepin it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.... haha fuck politics

where's YOUR brain? besides up einsteins culo...

elevator
06-19-2004, 09:10 AM
dont hate, im keepin it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.... haha fuck politics

where's YOUR brain? besides up einsteins culo...
No hate....just pointing out shit for brains.

iyceman
06-19-2004, 10:26 AM
BTW, I don't want pity, I could give a rat's ass how much money YOU lost, I still don't like fucking liberals.

old_s13
06-19-2004, 11:20 AM
just pointing out shit for brains.

were you surprised when you realized you were pointing in the mirror...? ha

Var
06-19-2004, 11:23 AM
if we were back in my country, i would beat a woman up right now cause this thread sucks

iyceman
06-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Right...
Message length owns me.

winterstar
06-21-2004, 06:41 AM
like i said, he's just some stranger on TV that no one would give two craps about had he been a regular joe schmoe.

rick james, bitch

KaKa
06-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Proclamations, March 21, 1983
Proclamation 5034 -- Afghanistan Day, 1983

March 21, 1983

By the President of the United States

of America

A Proclamation

The tragedy of Afghanistan continues as the valiant and courageous Afghan freedom fighters persevere in standing up against the brutal power of the Soviet invasion and occupation. The Afghan people are struggling to reclaim their freedom, which was taken from them when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in December of 1979.

In this three-year period the Soviet Union has been unable to subjugate Afghanistan. The Soviet forces are pitted against an extraordinary people who, in their determination to preserve the character of their ancient land, have organized an effective and still spreading country-wide resistance. The resistance of the Afghan freedom fighters is an example to all the world of the invincibility of the ideals we in this country hold most dear, the ideals of freedom and independence.

We must also recognize that the sacrifices required to maintain this resistance are very high. Millions have gone into exile as refugees. We will probably never know the numbers of people killed and maimed, poisoned and gased, of the homes that have been destroyed, and of the lives that have been shattered and stricken with grief.

It is, therefore, incumbent upon us as Americans to reflect on the events in Afghanistan, to think about the agony which these brave people bear, and to maintain our condemnation of the continuing Soviet occupation. Our observance again this year of Afghanistan Day on March 21, the Afghan New Year, will recall for all the world America's unflagging sympathy for a determined people, its support for their refugees and commitment to achieving a political settlement for Afghanistan which will free that country from tyranny's yoke.

The Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 65, has designated March 21, 1983 as ``Afghanistan Day'' and has requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of that day.

Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby designate March 21, 1983 as Afghanistan Day.

In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-first day of March, in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty-three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and seventh.

Ronald Reagan

[Filed with the Office of the Federal Register, 3:10 p.m., March 24, 1983]

Note: The proclamation was not issued in the form of a White House press release.