PDA

View Full Version : Shops in socal for pressing in subframe bushings

iamtheyi
01-13-2014, 12:47 AM
Like the title says.

I am looking for a shop that can press out and press in SPL subframe bushings. Want to get this thing knocked out in a day with as little work as possible :).

Socal shops only please.

Driftwire
01-13-2014, 05:03 AM
Just burn them and cut the edge its not bad man. Put the SPL in the freezer and youll be able to get them in. :)

But if you want them pressed in just take everything to a machine shop (If it needs a press) or a suspension shop.

PowerDrifter
01-13-2014, 11:52 AM
if you wanna do it your self

How to install solid subframe bushings in a 240sx s13 s14 z32 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxx4uVhuG-o)

have fun with that!

akaina240
01-13-2014, 05:25 PM
parts shop max's martin did mine!

iamtheyi
01-13-2014, 09:23 PM
jeebus. I don't want to drive all the way to SD just to do some stupid subframe bushings haha. Let's try and limit to North Socal? ><

I want to make myself work as little as possible. That's why I don't want to do it myself. I'd rather have someone else press them all in and have me just install the subframe. Which is the easiest part :)

darnit5
01-13-2014, 09:42 PM
jeebus. I don't want to drive all the way to SD just to do some stupid subframe bushings haha. Let's try and limit to North Socal? ><

I want to make myself work as little as possible. That's why I don't want to do it myself. I'd rather have someone else press them all in and have me just install the subframe. Which is the easiest part :)

There's place near my work in santa fe springs called Wrench pro. I don't know if they press bushings but it never hurts to ask

ChoeBoy
01-13-2014, 10:04 PM
Hey what's up man. I recently did an SPL subframe bushing install and I can tell you that it is definitely an easy one day job. What I did first put the SPL bushings in the freezer, then it was time to burn the suckers (old rubber subframe bushings* out and let them sit there a while until the inner metal collars fell out. I cut out a small slit on both sides of the outer collars and chiseled them out. A little bit of sanding when everything is off, greasing of the new bushings, and you can hammer in the new subframe bushings with a dead-blow hammer.
TL;DR: It's a fairly easy, straightforward job I did drunk on my first time. Don't think it was worth the 100 bucks I was charged to get them pressed in.

EDIT: Saw your profile, you're much more experienced than I am and have probably gone through the process. Good luck on finding a shop man.

iamtheyi
01-14-2014, 12:34 AM
fuzz. Everyone trying to convince me to do it myself...

I'm convinced lol. Might as well I guess. So much work :'(

brndck
01-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Yeah just use plenty of antisieze, freeze those fuckers overnight or longer, and a big rubber or brass deadblow hammer to knock em in. No need for a press.

95_S14
01-18-2014, 01:23 AM
I used dry ice and a dead blow hammer and it worked great !!!! Goodluck