PDA

View Full Version : NJ 1970 Datsun 510. 4 door. redtop SR20.

StinkyTurbo
01-06-2014, 03:12 PM
It pains me to say that I want to sell my 1970 Datsun 510 4 door. I want to go into a different direction and the last thing I want to do it with is my 510. It’s a 1970 model 510, but it’s a early 1970 model and has all of the 68-69 510 features. Even though the car is located in NJ, this is not a northeast car. Unless there was a freak snowstorm within the last 44 years in Alabama, this car has not seen snow/salt until this year. This car was bought in east Alabama in March 2012 from Ratsun member Bacon and shipped to me in NJ. The floor is not rotting. The under carriage & trunk were resprayed with POR-15. The dashboard is not cracked anywhere and neither are the door panels. The car was also recently detailed in November. All of the exterior lights(headlights, brake, & license plare lights) work. It even has the OEM radio and kick panel speaker and both still work. Here are the specs.

Suspension/Brakes:
1980 200SX front struts & brakes(heated springs)
S13 4 lug rear disc setup w/ Krecs bracket
Datsun Z 7/8 brake master cylinder
3rd generation Chevrolet Camaro rear shocks with a custom built rear coilover adapter
Rear drill slotted 240sx rotors
14x6 old school Almex mesh wheels w/ Advan center caps
10mm rear spacer
Volk Racing Formula lug nuts

Body/Interior:
Solex door & trunk locks
Wood grain shift knob
71Dimer Carpet kit
Relocated battery to trunk in a battery box
Painted engine bay
Honda Civic EG center console & armrest
Type R style shift boot
Original glass all around
S13 240sx gas pedal and throttle cable

Engine/Performance:
S13 Redtop SR20DET
Wiring Specialties S13 SR20DET PRO Universal/Race Tucked Harness
Short shifter
2.5 inch catless exhaust
Champion aluminum radiator
8 inch radiator fan
2.5 inch Buddy Club Spec2 exhaust
ISIS turbo elbow
Greddy BOV(its real. not a replica)
FMIC
2.5 inch Intercooler piping
5/16 Fuel lines
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator 25-303
Walbro 255 external fuel pump
T25 Turbo

Extra Parts:
H4 6K HID kit
H4 headlight socket
Two velocity stacks
S13 SR20DET valve cover
S13 SR20DET AC compressor
Extra intake manifold with all sensors and injectors
Car cover
Extra pair of Datsun key blanks
Tein camber plates

Cons:
I’ll be specific as possible about everything so that there is no confusion about anything. The headliner and rear deck need to be rewrapped. It’s a 44 year old headliner; it’s going to sag. The driver side seat has a small rip on the bolster. Rear, driver side door pull is missing and the plastic cover for the glove box dried up, so I threw it out. There is a small rust spot behind the rear passenger tire and there is rust around the taillights as you can see in the pics.

Even with those small defects, this is still a good deal for a car. Especially with all the extra parts you’re receiving. Starts up each and every time. Car runs awesome, gets a ton of attention anywhere I take it. I’m located in Jersey City, NJ 07304. I'm willing to ship this car anywhere, and everywhere. SOLD

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/photo.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/photo4.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/photo3.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/photo2.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/photo1.jpg
My attempt at a panoramic picture.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/20140112_132106.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/2014-01-12132410.png
The rust.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/20140112_132238_LLS.jpg

StinkyTurbo
01-06-2014, 03:13 PM
And my license plate is tilted like that on purpose.

StinkyTurbo
01-07-2014, 05:38 PM
For all those wondering where the pictures are at today, it felt at times like it was -11 degrees outside today in NJ. I couldn't even get into my garage because the padlock was stuck. Tomorrow should be warmer.

signals13
01-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Car looks good deff more pics.

dmragecm
01-08-2014, 01:45 PM
its hot as fuck today! well, better than yesterday. now we demand pics!!

shift0246
01-08-2014, 01:47 PM
nice whip man. glws!

housew
01-08-2014, 02:55 PM
signed up for the site just to say i was interested in this :D although im sure i'll get some more use out of it.
a 510 with a sr20det swap has been on the top of my list for a long time

i don't know when i could make it down there from maine though. Looks like you plan to post some more pics, would you mind posting pics of seat, close up of tail light rust, close up of spot behind wheel well, engine bay shot.

is the present rust through, just surface, a little deeper?

StinkyTurbo
01-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Car looks good deff more pics.

its hot as fuck today! well, better than yesterday. now we demand pics!!

Pictures added.
Looks like you plan to post some more pics, would you mind posting pics of seat, close up of tail light rust, close up of spot behind wheel well, engine bay shot.

is the present rust through, just surface, a little deeper?

I take personal requests for pictures. I'll have those tomorrow. Its surface rust.

signals13
01-08-2014, 11:12 PM
Oh yeah engine shot please :-)
I would trade my KA-T S13 coupe for this in a heartbeat, too bad its too far.

housew
01-09-2014, 05:56 AM
thanks!

the added pics make it look pretty damn good to me.

do you have a build thread on it (or did bacon on ratsun?) that you could link? I could probably poke around on there if you don't know.

where in NJ is it (don't have to be super specific, maybe just a zip code). NJ is just big enough that it could be 5 or 7.5 hours from my house, and that makes a difference

housew
01-09-2014, 06:16 AM
also what tranny is in it?

aymaeid
01-09-2014, 12:41 PM
thanks!

the added pics make it look pretty damn good to me.

do you have a build thread on it (or did bacon on ratsun?) that you could link? I could probably poke around on there if you don't know.

where in NJ is it (don't have to be super specific, maybe just a zip code). NJ is just big enough that it could be 5 or 7.5 hours from my house, and that makes a difference

NJ 07304 <- from OP Jersey City NJ in his bio. also close to 07002

housew
01-09-2014, 12:58 PM
haha, thanks aymaeid. I found that shortly after i posted the question. Its on the closer side. 5.5ish from me. Nothing i can't do in a weekend with a car trailer if the need arises :naughtyd:

StinkyTurbo
01-09-2014, 03:09 PM

It has a s13 sr20 transmission. Matching engine and transmission. I do have a build thread, but I never followed up on it. Bacon owned the car for two weeks and then sold it to me. His story was, was that he found it in some older ladies backyard, bought it, then flipped it to me. I was the one who built the car.

This is what the car looked like when Bacon found it.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/Datsun%20510/Datsun01.jpg

youradumb1
01-09-2014, 07:30 PM
damn good deal .. wopuld trade my built 280z in a heartbeat ...glws

housew
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM
very cool.
i'd like more information on the drivetrain and swap (what you ended up useing, what you rebuilt or didn't in the process, how many miles or km were on the redtop and how many on the chassis and whatnot).
also still interested in engine bay pics and some of the rusty spots.

from the pre-rescue pic it look as though it might be original paint? You just shined the crap out of it?

the high beams have been replaced with air inlets? Is that what im seeing? Do they serve any real function?

I don't spy an inspection sticker on it, NOT a deal breaker for me, just curious. Maine honors other states inspection stickers untill they expire, so a 2yr NJ one would get me though a while, but if not i'd just have to try up here, or register it antique.

looks like it would cost as much in tolls as diesel for me to fetch it, freaking NJ haha

I am still very very much so interested.

StinkyTurbo
01-10-2014, 12:24 PM
i'd like more information on the drivetrain and swap (what you ended up useing, what you rebuilt or didn't in the process, how many miles or km were on the redtop and how many on the chassis and whatnot).

The swap was bought from JDM Engine Depot in Kearny, NJ. Nothing was rebuilt it. All I did was change the clutch & flywheel and dropped it in. They didn't tell me how many miles it has, because they didn't know themselves. They didn't even know what country it came from. All I did was a compression check to make sure that the engine was fine and it passed.

also still interested in engine bay pics and some of the rusty spots.
Will do today. A lot of people have been asking me for them.

from the pre-rescue pic it look as though it might be original paint? You just shined the crap out of it?

That's exactly what i did. Me and a couple of buddies claybarred the shit out of it. Here is a picture to show everyone how bad the dirt was.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/stinky277/Datsun%20510/Datsun03.jpg

the high beams have been replaced with air inlets? Is that what im seeing? Do they serve any real function?
Yup. That's exactly what they are. When I bought them, it was because I had polished wheels. They matched. If you google, its sort of the "look" with these cars.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7082/7262918298_3264283f18.jpg

Since now I have wheels with gold centers, I was going to buy new headlights, tint them yellow, & HID the lowbeams. That's why I have HID's as extra parts.

I don't spy an inspection sticker on it, NOT a deal breaker for me, just curious. Maine honors other states inspection stickers untill they expire, so a 2yr NJ one would get me though a while, but if not i'd just have to try up here, or register it antique.

I don't have an inspection sticker on it. I only drive this car to meets, so I never bothered.

StinkyTurbo
01-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Pictures added.

Smithwick
01-13-2014, 11:45 AM
The swap was bought from JDM Engine Depot in Kearny, NJ. Nothing was rebuilt it. All I did was change the clutch & flywheel and dropped it in. They didn't tell me how many miles it has, because they didn't know themselves. They didn't even know what country it came from. All I did was a compression check to make sure that the engine was fine and it passed.

So you're running the stock driveshaft / diff?

Also sent you a PM.

housew
01-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Nice looking SR :)

PM also sent

StinkyTurbo
01-13-2014, 02:02 PM
So you're running the stock driveshaft / diff?

Also sent you a PM.

Stock diff. The driveshaft was cut and balanced to the proper measurement.

housew
01-16-2014, 06:01 AM
another pm sent

StinkyTurbo
01-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Fresh oil change and spark plugs done 1/15.

StinkyTurbo
01-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Still for sale

StinkyTurbo
01-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Im not selling the car for $5K.

StinkyTurbo
01-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Sold to a lucky man in Maine.

ozkv8
01-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Fuuuuddgggeeeee!!!!! Why didn't I see this before!! I live 10 mins from JC and I been looking for a 510 for 3yrs now! If you don't mind me asking, how much did the car sell for, you can PM me if you don't want to post it! Thank you and good luck!

housew
01-29-2014, 06:20 AM
got it safely home, Thank you much sir! I'm going to enjoy the crap out of it :)