PDA

View Full Version : Hid question

lethanh93
01-02-2014, 09:38 PM
So I just bought an s13 hatch and it alread had hid installed. The headlamps look like reflctors but the pattern of the lights don't look that bad to me.
What do you guys think? This is like 20ft away

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

silviaks2nr
01-02-2014, 09:50 PM
It looks terrible actually.

Renelovesnike
01-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Theres no Cut off so this should be pretty hectic for oncoming traffic.

Bleakley
01-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Probably wrong to say, but as long as you are able to see clearly at night, and the po-po does not have anything to say about it, I say all the power to you.

For me, the more visibility I have for nighttime driving. :bigok:

My $0.02

lethanh93
01-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeahi was wondering since my friend said is wasnt as bad as others but I dont wanna be a dickhead lol. How should I fix it?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

240boi115
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Yeahi was wondering since my friend said is wasnt as bad as others but I dont wanna be a dickhead lol. How should I fix it?

buy lower watt(intense) bulbs

PeaceOnesxWai
01-02-2014, 11:48 PM

The only way you can fix this is by adding real projector lenses with cut offs and retrofitting them into the buckets. If you have pop ups they all look shitty but they are bright as hell and the right way to do it.

If you dont want to retrofit, then go Hella H4 housings.. but dont put HIDs in them because the housing isnt designed for HIDs. The HID glare will still hit the oncoming drivers.

Theres a mega thread about this here > http://zilvia.net/f/chat/462293-lets-see-some-light-definitive-lighting-thread.html

ixfxi
01-03-2014, 11:40 AM
It looks terrible actually.

nah...

you havent been keeping up with modern-day beam patterns, thats all.

this guy found a new type of beam pattern, its called none.