PDA

View Full Version : The Nissan Santa Stopped By This Year

exitspeed
12-29-2013, 04:06 PM
With a 3 year old and a 2 year old and another kid due in Feb the Murano just wasn't going to cut it anymore. So we picked this guy up this week.

2014 Pathfinder SL AWD, Tech Package, Tow Package, Black on Black Leather. I had a chance to do some shots up North WI over the weekend. Oh and as far as it not being a body on frame vehicle any longer and losing it's "reggedness", you can take that and shove it. This thing performed very well in some very heavy and deep snow. I turned around on a snowmobile trail at one point (probably 8"+ of snow) and it was like I was driving on grass. And it wasn't even in 4wd Lock.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1011515_10201208227753484_460941557_n.jpg
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1474387_10201214574832157_1227172506_n.jpg

PS. Hey Nissan. Not all of us 240 enthusiasts are broke kids. A new iDX Nismo in white would look awfully nice parked in my driveway next to this thing.

brndck
12-29-2013, 04:40 PM
It still looks like a minivan and I'm supremely disappointed that Nissan chose to call this thing a pathfinder.

Gnnr
12-29-2013, 04:41 PM
Just buy a minivan already you soccer dad :p Congrats on the baby!

BOROSUN
12-29-2013, 05:28 PM
haha it does look minivan-ish. I like the clean lines, though.

jr_ss
12-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Beautiful crossover... Oops, I mean Pathfinder. As great of a vehicle it may be, Nissan has let it drift a long way from its roots. I love my Nissan's(hardbody, 240 and my 10' Xterra Off-road), but they have definitely pussified the Pathfinder in the past few years.

Congrats on the baby and the new vehicle!

exitspeed
12-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Beautiful crossover... Oops, I mean Pathfinder. As great of a vehicle it may be, Nissan has let it drift a long way from its roots. I love my Nissan's(hardbody, 240 and my 10' Xterra Off-road), but they have definitely pussified the Pathfinder in the past few years.

Congrats on the baby and the new vehicle!

It is a crossover. The whole industry has moved away from body on frame SUV's. Shit the Cherokee is a CUV now for crying out loud. At least Nissan still has the Exterra if you want an out-of-date, go-anywhere-even-though-you-don't, "manly" SUV. I've never driven a care off road other than a race track. Like I said, the thing performed awesome in a shitload of snow and turning around on a deep snow covered trail and that's all I need it to do.

I've always hated minivans but I actually did consider getting one with the new addition coming, but Nissan's vehicles are really well equipped compared to their competitors and the Quest is just fucking ugly. I dig quirky Japanese styling, but the Quest is terrible right now. No lie, if the new Kia Minivan was out (that will look like a Optima Minivan) I'd probably be all over it.

fliprayzin240sx
01-02-2014, 04:13 AM
Nissan just needs to bring the Elgrand stateside. It may not be a looker outside but man, inside is like a damn 5 star hotel.