PDA

View Full Version : been thinking about doing an odd project car

fyneyoungstunna
12-23-2013, 01:58 PM
So for some reason, although I already have enough project cars, I have been thinking about doing another one. And making it count. Now this isn't to say its gonna be some monster tuned car, but just more enjoyable to drive and more straight to the point.
I have two Z cars already, a Honda, and a ford festiva. So the "sports" side of things are well covered (meaning the Z cars, not the Honda bwahahah). At first I thought about doing an S-chassis, but the world already has enough of those with just about anything you can think of done to them. an old mango or peanut crossed my mind as well. Just love the vintage look of Toyota.

What Im proposing to tune is so off-beat and crass that it may just work.
Now keep an open mind here, and try not to judge too harshly. Its not gonna be a drift car or an auto-x car even. (I don't think this car could handle that stuff).

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVMEcL42yk3foCUcvnS92wJtLu-aoKjNLZzUvYWL8JXfQpQnHwa8XbLw

now what I have in mind is something along the lines of this:
-gut all the plush interior stuff and replace with leather.
- I would love to make a custom "bench" racing seat just for kicks since I would love to be able to have a passenger.
- Fender flares to help break up all the square lines of it
- since its a heavy car, I would stick with around 15"-17" tires, perhaps a dished version of what came on the crown vics that were BBS "style", or something by SSR's vintage line.
- I have a spoiler in mind. Kind of an exaggerated version of what and how the 3kgt vr4 spoilers sit, almost hang over the side. but thicker and maybe 2-3 inches higher in comparison.
-Engine wise, I'm still trying to work out what engines in stock form carry a car that has about the same curb weight as the Lincoln.....and can be turbo'd
I'm hearing that people over seas are starting to put Triton(sp) diesel engines in Evos. That would be BOSS in this car. It would keep a decent mileage and power...and of course I would go turbo diesel...perhaps even bio-turbo-diesel haha.
- suspension would have to be cleaned up a LOT cant have a boat like this rocking the waves on a tight course run.

Now I hope you all outright assume that this project would be over the course of years as I am not rich. But it would be fun and different to do!

feedback!!

fyneyoungstunna
12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
http://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/1979-lincoln-continental-mark-v-coupe_5311182.jpg

aymaeid
12-23-2013, 02:24 PM
personally, no. complete waste of time.
why not do your same mod list to a car that matters. think of resale.in 5 years when your bored of it, youll never be able to sell it. also, ITS HIDEOUS! theres no fixing the ugly.

acslater9
12-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Dude if you want a "odd" project car try doing a MK1 or MK2 Golf GTI or Jetta GLE. But I'll warn you before hand, trying to find these cars in mint condition is nearly impossible. Most of the time rust will play a huge factor. I always wanted to have a MK2 Golf GTI as a project but never found a good enough body to work with.

I think these cars are perfect and fun to build you can also drop in a VR6 :D

fyneyoungstunna
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM
@ Aymaeid: I have/am doing that mod list to TWO (2) cars that matter.
and perhaps a 3rd if its not hard to get a title for older Z cars. Yeah it is a bit ugly, but...she also puts out lol. Ugly means I can drive it hard and not worry too much about scrathing the paint and what not. I respect your opinion though and you are right on some levels. As far as resell is concerned though, I dont plan to really sell it as much as keep it and beat on it. I plan to have a garage full of cars, as i get up there in age.

@Acslater9 : those cars are not so much off the beaten path at rare, I dont wanna do something that has been done time and time again.

simmode1
12-23-2013, 04:36 PM
feedback!!
Ask us again when your current projects are finished?

fyneyoungstunna
12-23-2013, 07:42 PM
first Z needs an exhaust. just been testing around. so far I like the hks but want to hear it in a singe.
second Z is a original turbo L so just rebuilding that and paint....and suspension and breaks..and paint...bwahahaha
The Z that im contemplating is a 280 that needs a decent amount of work, but has no title or wheels. $600, but ive been through the title game once before here and the hoops are enough to make you want to slap a dmv clerk.
I was standing in front of the clerk, signed my name Greg (cause I dont go by Gregory) she charged me $15 for another form and notery to prove/validate that I was in fact ME......