PDA

View Full Version : some electrical help.

Str8silvias14
12-21-2013, 01:25 PM
So im not in a horrible spot just trying to see if maybe you guys know something I don't. My windshield wipers don't work anymore after I did my swap. I checked the windshield motor plug and it DOES NOT get any power to it. Then I checked the switch and again no power. I checked the fuse and the fuse DOES get power. so im like WTF. could there be anything else im missing. oh and I freaking hate electrical. any help will be much appreciated. thanks.

CaliforniaMayhem
12-21-2013, 06:53 PM
Sounds like you just need a simple test light and start prodding. If it get's power at the fuse.. then the problem is after the fuse. You need to systematically go through the circuit and attempt to find where the power stops.
All you need is a wiring diagram, a test light (10-15$) and most importantly--patience!

GL

kruked
12-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Do you have the "little green box" in the engine bay?

Han
12-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Sounds like you just need a simple test light and start prodding. If it get's power at the fuse.. then the problem is after the fuse. You need to systematically go through the circuit and attempt to find where the power stops.
All you need is a wiring diagram, a test light (10-15$) and most importantly--patience!

GL

^ what he said. Electrical stuff just frustrates the hell out of most people because you can't sense it. It's just like plumbing, it's more simple than you think. Dont over analyze it or you'll get a headache. Start testing and you'll track it down soon enough. If you think this is tough try diagnosing the pop up headlights lol