PDA

View Full Version : s13 Stock Front Bumper Removal - How Do I?

Jays_240sx
12-11-2013, 05:03 PM
I currently have to take out my motor in my 240sx and ive got to take off the bumper to get to some parts that won't come out without the bumper off.

I am just wondering if you guys/girls know where all the bolts are for the bumper.

If you could please list them that'd help me a lot, and I'll post pics of my progress etc.

Thank you<3

No 240.. No id
12-11-2013, 05:08 PM
4 bolts on top (by the horn), 6 bolts between fender and bumper.. need to remove fender liner to get to them if you got liners. 6 bolts under the bumper where the the air flow in. Here is a video. Good luck How to Remove S13 240sx Front Bumper. (long video) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TaupUoHKZs)

Jays_240sx
12-11-2013, 05:11 PM
4 bolts on top (by the horn), 6 bolts between fender and bumper.. need to remove fender liner to get to them if you got liners. 6 bolts under the bumper where the the air flow in. Here is a video. Good luck How to Remove S13 240sx Front Bumper. (long video) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TaupUoHKZs)

I watched that video, its long as fuck haha. I'm a little confused on the fender liner, I don't have fender liner anymore because of my suspension but there's like bolts there, do i just take off those 10mm bolts and it should be good? with getting the others off too ofc.

No 240.. No id
12-11-2013, 05:24 PM
yes. They are nuts not bolts. 10mm nuts. Turn the wheel and you should be able to look. You will need a long extensions. Maybe two.

Jays_240sx
12-11-2013, 06:58 PM
yes. They are nuts not bolts. 10mm nuts. Turn the wheel and you should be able to look. You will need a long extensions. Maybe two.
damn, Those long extensions are going to kill me.

edit: I got the bumper off, working on the intercooler piping/intercooler etc. now.

Rich260z
12-14-2013, 03:18 PM
are you just using a generic set or custom piping? any pics?

Frank_Jaeger
12-14-2013, 05:31 PM
You shouldn't need to remove the bumper to pull the engine, unless your hoist doesn't reach. Aside from that there's no need.

Jays_240sx
12-20-2013, 04:37 PM
You shouldn't need to remove the bumper to pull the engine, unless your hoist doesn't reach. Aside from that there's no need.
If you saw this car, you'd be surprised how much it was needed haha. Theres problems with the o2 can thing, it'd not even held onto anything. Just dangling, and the piping was messed up on the connection part of the intercooler.