PDA

View Full Version : Z33 Reliability

UnclePep
11-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Whelp. I'm on the search for my next car. What that will be...I have no clue yet. My list of possible "nexts" is huge. But a Z33 is rising itself to the top lately. The styling, sound and performance has got me hooked!

My question for you Z33 enthusiasts, is what are common issues with these things?(premature engine/transmission failure, or certain drivability issues)

I understand no vehicle is perfect, but I'm just trying to do my research on these cars before I start shopping for one.

Thanks in advance!

UnclePep
11-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Nobody? :keke:

devilzdriver
11-29-2013, 04:38 PM
My brother inlaw is a Nissan mechanic and told me, the cooling systems and engine timing chains tend to be problems... I own an S30 and those are always a good choice in my book, then again i am bias.

UnclePep
11-29-2013, 09:59 PM
My brother inlaw is a Nissan mechanic and told me, the cooling systems and engine timing chains tend to be problems... I own an S30 and those are always a good choice in my book, then again i am bias.

Hmm I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

smokescreen240
02-13-2014, 06:50 AM
Supposedly 06"s with the "rev-up" motors have oil burning issues, so i'd steer clear of high mileage ones.

the 03-05 ones that run the cd001 trasmissions, have a 3rd gear grinding issue, which can be replaced with the cd009 trasmissions from the 06-08.

everyone i know with a z33, wish that they would've gotten an 07-08 z, with the vq35hr motor. dual throttle bodies, higher reving tach, etc. plus you get the OEM led tails and projector headlights which are a BIG plus for the exterior look.

and window motors go to shit in just about any 350z i've ever seen.

To sum everything up, go 07-08, replace the window motors when they go out, and prepare your wallet for maintenance and modification costs, these are not cheap cars.

i had to replace my power steering rack on my 08. 1500 for the part alone. luckily i was still under warranty.

MotoCARR
02-20-2014, 06:33 PM
I put 22k hard miles on my 05 350z and never had an issue. then I had an 04 G35x I put 80K on and besides a faulty MAF that I was able to replace for $50, never had an issue with it either. I even sucked up about 2 cups of water, hydrolocked the motor, and was able to get it running again with no issues for another 15k before I sold it :)

Here's a crappy cell phone video of the water shooting out the plug holes as I cranked it over to get the water out the motor before throwing in new plugs lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WcMePBd7yX8

S14_kouki504
02-26-2014, 03:07 PM
your going to have some sort of problem no matter what Z you go with. I owned a 2004 model before and until i wrecked it, i didn't have any problems with it. The key thing is to take very good care of it and not dog the crap out of it. I know people who go through cars like its nothing. I enjoyed mine so much that i am debating on getting rid of my 240sx in a year or so and picking up another Z.

JBPUSA
05-12-2014, 04:02 PM
182k miles on my 350z and and ive only changed the spark plugs, oil and belts, no issues here, they are great motors, that why Nissan shoves that motor into almost every car

mikey6929
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
I have a 04 350z...they are good cars, just make sure to check how the oil is the way I heard to check is turn ac on and smell for oil...they are known for burning oil...especially the rev up model 05 06.....they are good cars, I have no issues with mine at all in my 5 months of owning it they are great cars......