PDA

View Full Version : 97 turbo ka wont start WEIRD

WWWinfernoWWW
11-18-2013, 10:59 PM
I have a turbo kA that was running and drove it home from shop about 90miles,
The car got a turbo put in at shop but wasn't completed, Soon as I got it home I installed FMIC and 440 Injectors then I tried to crank the car but it wouldn't start,

This is my first turbo kA, I'm not sure if I put vacuum lines in were they are supposed to be, but I did do lots of research and believe they are correct.

I can smell gas fumes haven't checked for spark but will be in the morning.

Heres the crazy thing car cranks about 3 times then stops completely as if the motor got to much pressure built. Tried cranking it 4 times same thing happens

Any suggestions on what can be causing this ???

Garret t25
E-manage
FMIC
440 INJECTORS
SR20 RESURCULATING BOW

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Livid_240sx
11-19-2013, 08:01 AM
Upload video

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Frank_Jaeger
11-19-2013, 11:44 AM
If you smell gas, and the engine is stopping itself, you might be hydrolocking it with fuel. Remove spark plugs and look down in each cylinder. Could be happening if one of your 440s are sticking open. Are you compensating for the larger injectors?

WWWinfernoWWW
11-19-2013, 11:56 AM
That sounds like what could be it, cause it does sound like it locks up,
thank you will post after sticking my old working injectors

sleepyS14se
11-19-2013, 02:10 PM
careful man..... if you continue doing that you could easily bend a rod. hydraulic-ing an engine will usually bend a rod. i know ka24 has pretty beefy rods from the factory but it can still happen.

WWWinfernoWWW
11-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Thank you guys Frank_Jaeger, sleepys14se, and Zilvia.net

I put the old ka24 injectors and car started yeeeyaaa ! ! !

I had never heard of hydrolock, but I guess that's what it is :):drool::drool::drool::ddog:

Now I need to buy some new 440 injectors, can anyone send me in a good direction, also if my tune was made to run 440 injectors can I install maybe 740 injectors for future upgrade ?

Thanks in advance

sleepyS14se
11-20-2013, 06:41 AM
No i think you need to use the correct injectors according to the tune