PDA

View Full Version : jdm s13 driveshaft questions

SidewaysS13ka
11-17-2013, 07:30 AM
I just got around to installing my s13 jdm driveshaft and I feel like I might be missing something. When I installed it there is about a 1-2 1/2 inch gap from the snout of the trans to the front coupler of the driveshaft, but the trans engages and its not leaking from or around the driveshaft. I'm just a little concerned :aw:

e5s4y
11-20-2013, 03:54 PM
dafuq are you talkin about? jdm driveshaft? Ka and sr driveshafts are the same. Differences in length come from abs or not, and difference in chassis (13, 14, 15)

zerodameaon
11-21-2013, 12:17 AM
So I take it you installed a ABS shaft on your non ABS car. Also did you buy the "JDM" shaft from someone over here, you got your money taken from you in other words.

brewster240
11-21-2013, 12:33 AM
dafuq are you talkin about? jdm driveshaft? Ka and sr driveshafts are the same. Differences in length come from abs or not, and difference in chassis (13, 14, 15)

wrong.

the ka shaft has a rubber guibo and the sr shaft has a unjoint in the front.

So I take it you installed a ABS shaft on your non ABS car. Also did you buy the "JDM" shaft from someone over here, you got your money taken from you in other words.

then his carrier bearing would be fucked up too...

to op, i dont understand what you are asking. post some pics.

zerodameaon
11-21-2013, 12:39 AM
I am not wrong, I know the differences between the two but people still sell KA shafts as JDM and people still buy them. And again they come out to the same length in the front part, the back part is what makes them shorter depending on ABS/non ABS

EDIT: Wait when did I say it was exactly the same? You added no useful info that me and e5s4y did not already more or less cover who is clearly talking about the length, so he is correct as well.

Nice ninja edit once you reread what I said, and he never clarified if his carrier was messed up, and you can get it in there if you really try, it will not be centered but it still mounts up.

SidewaysS13ka
11-21-2013, 02:38 AM
The Jdm s13 driveshaft doesn't have the big bulky rubber piece in front. It is replaced by a u joint. Ka or sr idgaf it works and I need a different driveshaft cause I kinked the front of mine when I wrecked. As for my problem I figured it out when I got everything bolted up and am not too worried about. There's a metal ring that goes between the trans and driveshaft to make up the space and got all bent up when I had to stage my car out the drift spot.

Nissan_Alex
11-23-2013, 01:58 PM
There should be about a 1/2-1 inch gap from the rear seal of the transmission to the flat surface of the driveshaft, I have seen alot of conversions where it is hard against the seal and low and behold it is leaking fluid. there are many difference drive shafts, abs/non abs/auto/manual etc... so they are all slightly different. if its a lot of clearance 2"++ than you need to get drive shaft cut and re-welded can cost anywhere from $150-$250