PDA

View Full Version : Ah more S14 tokico Z32 MC fitting issues

nextproject
11-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Well i purchased my brand new from nissan dealer Z32 tokico MC and ordered the "3rd fitting" from a vendor on ebay. well the fitting will never fit this MC. Im wondering why. all of the DIY threads i've read say that yes it may require some filing of the fitting for it to fit but i've filed the fitting until it was unusable and it still wont fit. Looks like its got some sort of bubble flare in the 3rd port.

Is there a certain year i can order instead that has the proper fitting already installed or do i have to eat the restocking fee and order the FRSport one?

I think that these DIY pages need to be amended to include the VERY important note to NOT purchase the Tokico MC if you have a non-ABS car. Everything i've read is all questions with no answers. Maybe the posters ended up getting a different MC and just didnt post back.

11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
If you buy rebuilt, note that not all rebuilders include the 3rd fitting, but many do and just plug it

I got both centric and kelsey-hayes with the third fitting

nextproject
11-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Well since i work as a tech for nissan i decided to go over ALL of the MC's available for the Z32. There are SEVEN! One 15/16, several 1", and several 17/16", the two MFR's are Tokico and Nabco. Given that from what i've seen the Nabco WILL accept the 3rd fitting, i decided on a Nabco, and also given what ive read about people complaining of the overly stiff pedal caused by a man trans booster coupled with a 17/16" MC, i went with the 1" Nabco. I just dont trust rebuilt stuff. Plus getting it from the dealer affords me the opportunity to use my discount. I get the MC for 216.

11-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Well the rebuilders are free to add the flare fitting when they do it, while I don't necessarily trust all rebuilds, I've had no issues with the 2x 17/16" bmc's I got with 3-ports from rockauto for the undiscounted price of $129 for both

nextproject
11-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Wanted to post my results.

If ordering from Nissan, order this part number if you do NOT have ABS (i.e. you have no choice but to screw with the third fitting).

46010-45P20.

This is a 1" NABCO MC with all proper fittings. Even the plug for the 3rd port is a standard hex, not the 5 sided one like on the other one i tried earlier.

My pedal is now just as stiff as before i installed the Z32 calipers (all 4) and isnt OVERLY still as some people mention when going go the 17/16" MC. Therefore i have no need to upgrade to the S14 auto trans booster to correct the pedal stiffness.