PDA

View Full Version : Formula drift pro 2 series

Johnny_K
11-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Thoughts around FD pro 2 series?i thought the pro am series was to get drivers ready for FD? It looks like they want to prepare drivers even more by having them run the same tracks as FD and get used to traveling across the country.

I'm interested to see what the payout out is and how much the series winner gets. I know ppl don't do this for the money but I just can't see how privateers afford to do this.

Formula D Pro Am : Breaking Drift News (http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/category/formula-d-pro-am/)

PeaceOnesxWai
11-15-2013, 03:18 PM
This is not a bad idea. It would give a chance to know the up coming drivers before they enter FD pro. This is kinda like College ball for drivers.

Also would want to see power restrictions in FD.. Kinda ridiculous how the privateers have to compete with pros that have unlimited spendings and sponsors

xoxide
11-15-2013, 03:52 PM
FD is the only race series ive known to not had a feeder series between Pro, and "pro-am"..

Its a good idea, and I really like the idea of a hp cap like peaceonesx said... the horsepower game is one of many things runining FD.

Johnny_K
11-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Yea a HP cap is much needed. I know ppl don't do it for the money but man to keep ur spending around 30k to compete and if u don't have 600+ HP it's hard to be competive.

kingkilburn
11-15-2013, 05:23 PM
I'd rather see an FD competitor with rules more in line with what drifting used to be than give FD more money and attention.

Wheelbase limits, power and displacement limits, feint entry, passing, no brake checks, no plowing into the lead car...

There is a ton of stuff going on with FD that I don't agree with.

DaHawaiiKid
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM
agreed! with everything in this thread so far i feel like we should be basing pro 2 off of drift muscle or d1sl. That way you can run at oem motors and be competitive! So sr's are a viable choice or said oem japanese motor in the car with either a budget limit or a power limit!

N sub to thread!

DaHawaiiKid
12-03-2013, 02:14 PM
oh and this is basically all the info i have so far found via google search lol

2014 Formula Drift Pro 2 Series Announced at SEMA Show : Breaking Drift News (http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2013/11/07/2014-formula-drift-pro-2-series-announced-at-sema-show/)

Formula Drift Pro 2 Series Explained : Breaking Drift News (http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2013/11/14/formula-drift-pro-2-series-explained/)

Johnny_K
12-03-2013, 03:12 PM
yea seen those links. surprised more ppl isnt talking about it.

Anyone on zilvia plan on doing pro2?

DaHawaiiKid
12-03-2013, 03:25 PM
i dont think many people will be to serious about P2 until maybe 2016 when all the bugs are ironed out. although till then i bet there will be more names that are new to us and maybe drivers who are new to the pro seen. I'm really hoping that this class isnt like the pro class so robotic and not really entertaining till like the top 8....

word sux
12-03-2013, 05:13 PM
the gap between pro and pro am is far too big and this will help bridge it.

Thats like finishing highschool football and trying to go straight into the nfl. This will help guys develop instead of throwing them to the sharks and watching them get burnt out financially trying to compete with teams with huge sponsors and budgets. This will also allow sponsors to really scout up and commers and give them a chance.

DaHawaiiKid
12-03-2013, 05:25 PM
yea i completely agree as well i also feel like pro-am gets no coverage at all like lone star stuff I personally never see only a select few East coast events and mostly west coast events get coverage I Feel...