PDA

View Full Version : Get Nuts Vs. Tech2

stroked_jz
11-13-2013, 12:11 PM
So i guess ill start with an Introduction. Im Chris. Ive been doing the whole supra thing now since i was 19. And as all things change, so has my taste. Im looking into getting into a s14 Zenki and am trying to get all my research done before I just hop into a car I know very little about. And I would like to stick with the motors im familiar with, 1jz. Ive been searching around and there are plenty of swap kits out there. But the two that have my attention is the Get Nuts Kit, and the Tech2 swap kit. Obviously there is a huge difference in price, as well as what you get with each kit. Now my question is for all you jz swap guys. Which kit would you consider best, and why? I like all the benefits of the Tech2 kit, but at 2grand, its made me start looking at the Get Nuts. So, again. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Flicktitty
11-13-2013, 12:15 PM
I have the Tech2 Kit, not alot of people run that kit do to the cost, I picked mine up back in 2008, I have no real issues with the kit, I feel my engine sits a bit crooked, but not a huge deal. But note the Tech2 kit modifies your subframe, some racing organization's DO NOT allow modded crossmembers so if you're into the motorsport aspect might want to check into the rules. The Get Nuts stuff is very good too, as is the FREED mounts, Don't forget the ZEROLIFT mounts if you're on a budget and still want good mounts.

BiG MiKE86
11-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Here ya go...

http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/384161-2jzgte-swapped-s-chassis-thread.html

I have the GetNutsLab kit - its legit... and only $300

Some installed pics in my build thread below:
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-only/488537-big-mike-s-little-build.html

NoPistons!
11-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Wet drift session tandems @ Get Nuts Lab - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba972nCsb3o)

Drifter owned and operated. Great price.
See if that sways your choice.

VegasDrifterS13
11-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Buy the Get Nuts Kit. Im Local in Vegas and they have been the most helpful shop to me. Forrest Wang is a good dude.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

stroked_jz
11-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Yah im still in the market for a 240 at this moment. I wouldnt mind spending the money on the tech2. But if get nuts is worth it, then why blow the extra $$$

VegasDrifterS13
11-17-2013, 02:01 AM
Yah im still in the market for a 240 at this moment. I wouldnt mind spending the money on the tech2. But if get nuts is worth it, then why blow the extra $$$

That kit is on Forrests 800HP FD Car. Made it thru a season of beating just fine.... JUST SAYIN....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Black R
11-17-2013, 06:38 AM
I'd look into the zero lift mounts - the oem swaybar clears without spacers using their kit.

Does the get nuts kit do the same?

I have custom mounts and mine rubs... :(

brian310
11-17-2013, 07:24 PM
i got a tech2 kit for my swap and im just starting to get my shell ready for my 1jz. as for the quality of the mounts they look awesome i got a dope deal on my kit along with some other goodies for 1k. the guy i got my swap kit from had it in his car and decided to quit his project, but while his 1jz was in his car he said the mounts and everything fit up perfect and the motor slid in like butter. i would keep an eye out on the fs section to see if you could swoop up a cheap swap kit and if nothing pops up go with one of the kits you mentioned.

turbob16ef
11-18-2013, 06:32 PM
I was planning on going get nuts. Only reason I didn't was because I found a set of myjzswap mounts with circuit sports solid mounts and custom spacers for 100bucks.

getbiased
11-26-2013, 03:52 PM
Definitely go for the Get Nuts kit, those guys are awesome. Actually had the pleasure of being there during the week of SEMA and got to see the quality of work they put into their cars.