PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Pages : [1] 2

simmode1
11-13-2013, 10:59 AM
I got annoyed that no one seemed to be talking about Thor 2: The Dark World, so I made a thread where we can discuss it and all the other movies coming up without having to dig through separate threads.

Who's seen Thor 2 yet? I dug it. Slightly better than I was expecting. Better than Thor 1, Captain America 1 and IronMan 3, IMO. Loki made this shit awesome. Without him, the movie would have been ass.

Anyways, Winter Soldier is coming up soon. They had an extended trailer before Thor 2 of Cap beating the shit out of everybody in an elevator. Maybe that will be online soon too.

Soooo... Discuss!

Currently, I am waaay more excited about the next Cap movie than the next X-Men movie. But what do you guys think?
NLWsK1ZFunA
pK2zYHWDZKo

exitspeed
11-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Good thread.

I saw Thor 2 last week as well. I'm really surprised at how well they can craft such cosmic places on screen. Thor had the biggest chance of being completely cheesy and lame because of the setting but they pull it off.

Looking forward to Cap 2 but I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Netflix exclusive series happening! This is going to he awesome.Disney's Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series Event | News | Marvel.com (http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_ historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event)

FRpilot
11-14-2013, 12:04 PM
I watched Thor 2 two nights ago and it was better than I expected. It's funny because I'm always excited to watch the Wolverine movies and they turn out to disappoint me, but when I see Thor or Captain America just for the hell of it I end up enjoying it more. I don't know why, but all the movies in Marvel's Cinematic Universe have been awesome. I have not enjoyed the XMen movies (except for First Class).

I'm really interested in seeing how MCU's pulls off their upcoming movies around their lessor known properties (Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man) because I don't really know about these characters much and also because Super Hero movies usually are cheesy, but Marvel Studios always have made them interesting and enjoyable (at least with the MCU lineup).

theronin
11-14-2013, 07:34 PM
X men first class blew every other x men away easily. Fassbenders young Magneto was mesmerizing. Really looking forward to the next xmen. Overall I'm pretty happy with how Hollywood is handling superhero movies lately.

SimpleS14
11-14-2013, 10:06 PM
X men first class blew every other x men away easily. Fassbenders young Magneto was mesmerizing. Really looking forward to the next xmen. Overall I'm pretty happy with how Hollywood is handling superhero movies lately.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next X-Men movie mainly because of Fassbender. I'm a big fan of his acting talent.

theronin
11-14-2013, 11:16 PM
I'm definitely looking forward to the next X-Men movie mainly because of Fassbender. I'm a big fan of his acting talent.

Nerd alert***

I can't wait to see him in Assassins Creed!

8Nismo9
11-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Nerd alert***

I can't wait to see him in Assassins Creed!

whaaaaaaaat! i didn't know about this!,i must research this right meow

exitspeed
11-15-2013, 05:38 AM

I agree. First Class was the best X Movie. The Wolverine cameo may have been the single best moment in comic book movie history.

simmode1
11-15-2013, 08:08 AM
Here's my gripe: I have always loved X-Men and mutants far more than the Avengers in the comics. But the Avengers movie franchise was executed soooo much better than the X-Men franchise.

I feel like the Avengers movies did a great job of building each character individually and stayed as close to the source material as they could. But the X-Men franchise, though it seemed great when first released, is now fubar'd by comparison. Havoc was an original X-Man, what, 20 or 30 years before his brother Cyclops?! Sabretooth in the first movie and another Sabretooth in the Wolverine origin movie?! Jean killing Scott was the absolute worst. That 3rd X-Men movie was the real nail in the coffin for me. I had hoped that the new Wolverine movie would try to distance itself from that trash, but nope. Mired all up in that shit.

I have no hope that Fox will be able to pull off Days of Future Past with any type of success or endearment comparable to Marvel/Disney's Avengers.

I just wish Fox would either allow the franchise to return to Marvel or let enough time lapse to reboot it from the ground up the right way. But that would mean losing Hugh Jackman as Wolverine though.

exitspeed
11-15-2013, 08:50 AM
I agree the Avengers movie is waaaaay better than the X-Men movies.

FRpilot
11-15-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't know what it is about the X-Men movies. The casting seems fine, but I think it's just how the events of the X-Men movies play out are just totally ridiculous. I mean, it was disappointing that the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 kind of strayed away from the comics and ended up being an alcoholic clown being used as a puppet when he is one of Iron Man's most difficult and challenging adversaries, but I think the combination of Downing Jr's acting, cheesy jokes, special effects, and all the cool Iron Man suits kind of redeemed itself and still made IM3 enjoyable to me. In X-Men 3, Cyclops dies and Magneto loses his mutant powers? My God, wtf!?

Anyways, going back to what I was talking about yesterday. I recall Guardians of the Galaxy has a freaking 5ft tall raccoon as part of their team. How is Marvel studio going to make this guy realistic and serious?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Rocketraccoon.png

(I just wiki'd Guardians of the Galaxy and apparently there are 2 teams. 1 from the 2000s and 1 from the 60s without Rocket Raccoon, so maybe the movie will be based on the older team).

More interestingly, how are they going to make Ant Man interesting? I thought his only power is to shrink to the size of an ant? haha Who knows, I didn't know Aqua Man was so powerful until I watched the Flashpoint Paradox animated movie. Maybe I'll think of Ant Man differently when I watch MCU's movie.

woodchuck
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
More interestingly, how are they going to make Ant Man interesting? I thought his only power is to shrink to the size of an ant? haha Who knows, I didn't know Aqua Man was so powerful until I watched the Flashpoint Paradox animated movie. Maybe I'll think of Ant Man differently when I watch MCU's movie.

I didn't know anything about antman until the disneyxd show of the avangers came out. ants can lift X times the amount of of their body weight. Ant man has that power too.

the x-men franchise is a not my cup of tea. same goes for the wolverine series.

i'm on board with what simmode1 says.:wiggle:

simmode1
11-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Anyways, going back to what I was talking about yesterday. I recall Guardians of the Galaxy has a freaking 5ft tall raccoon as part of their team. How is Marvel studio going to make this guy realistic and serious?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Rocketraccoon.png

I was all like WTF when I heard about Rocket Raccoon too. I mean, like Blade, most ppl have never heard of that Marvel franchise until they got the movie treatment. I saw this on youtube and it had me laughing soooo, maybe the raccoon won't be so bad...
wrKE04yUDtY

On another note... Who's been watching the Marvel's Agent's SHIELD? I hear next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the events that happened in Thor 2... I'm enjoying the show, but the agents Fitz and Simmons aren't really growing on me like I'd expect them to from a Joss Whedon project not like Topher from Dollhouse, Xander & Willow from Buffy or Wes & Fred from Angel...

Only thing interesting I know about Antman is that he beats his wife.

I've been hearing rumors that he won't even be in a film... I'm hearing that Ultron won't be Hank Pym's creation, but possibly, a form of Tony's armor that gained sentient life... That makes sense to me with all direction Tony has been going with his tech in the movies. Seems like they're effectively writing out Hank Pym. Good thing, if they do, since the only thing he does is lives in Tony's shadow anyway.

FRpilot
11-15-2013, 05:39 PM
ants can lift X times the amount of of their body weight. Ant man has that power too.

I thought about that too... but then I was wondering if it only applied if he was the size of an ant or in human form. Kind of useless if only works if he's the size of an ant, but that's probably not the case.

I've been hearing rumors that he won't even be in a film... I'm hearing that Ultron won't be Hank Pym's creation, but possibly, a form of Tony's armor that gained sentient life... That makes sense to me with all direction Tony has been going with his tech in the movies. Seems like they're effectively writing out Hank Pym. Good thing, if they do, since the only thing he does is lives in Tony's shadow anyway.

I don't know, I think it would be more interesting if Ultron was created by someone else rather than just one of Tony Stark's armor becoming self-aware. It would be too predictable since Tony knows the weakness of the armor and would make for a boring movie. Ultron is one of the reasons I must see Avengers 2 though, so I hope they don't fuck it up.

simmode1
11-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Whats the difference between Tony or hank creating Ultron? As creators, either should know it's weaknesses, yet they still have problems with him because he constantly upgrades himself.

I dunno. Maybe having Tony create Ultron for the purpose of writing out Antman would tarnish Avengers like Fox messed up X-Men by taking unnecessary liberties with the storylines. But maybe they want to avoid Antman because it's hard to have a conversation about Hank Pym without bringing up his domestic violence past and the wife that he was beating on is untouchable in the X-Men franchise...

Corbic
11-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Sounds like this guy...

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/7094/322451-dbz_cell_06.jpg

kingkilburn
11-16-2013, 01:29 AM
The problem with the X-Men movies is the problem that most comic movies have. They treat it as mindless action movie fodder and don't take any of it seriously. The details don't matter to the producers and the writers take full license to change anything and everything about a story they already don't know.

You end up with crap like that terrible Deadpool and Juggernaut.

All that not having Antman in the movie universe does is change who created Ultron. He does nothing else of significance that couldn't easily be shifted to other characters.

dudermagee
11-16-2013, 01:31 PM
This is the reason why certain comic book based movies are awesome while others just plain suck.

This breaks down who owns the rights to what.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/5/52246/2334776-1335205180372.png

kingkilburn
11-16-2013, 03:22 PM
It extends beyond that. The makers of Scott Pilgrim figured out how to make it more than a cheap action flick while Kickass seems to have missed most of what was cool about the comic. Most of these producers just don't seem to see the artistic value of the source material. They'd make a Zelda movie and give Link giant speaking parts.

FRpilot
11-16-2013, 06:02 PM
This is the reason why certain comic book based movies are awesome while others just plain suck.

In Columbia's defense, at least the Spiderman movies weren't bad. Ghost Rider sucked but he's not that popular of a character anyways.

It extends beyond that. The makers of Scott Pilgrim figured out how to make it more than a cheap action flick while Kickass seems to have missed most of what was cool about the comic.

The violence in Kick Ass movies was already toned down for the public. There was already bitching from family advocacy groups about the violence and profanity that Hit Girl portrayed in the movie when the actress was only 11 years old. I'm not sure how well it would go (well, I'm sure it would not go well) if they also made a gang rape scene of Night Bitch in Kick Ass 2 as in the comic. Feminist and women's groups against domestic violence would have a field day with that one.

exitspeed
11-16-2013, 06:53 PM
I read an interview with Weadon a couple weeks ago talking about Thanos. He said that Thanos is going to be basically a "final boss". So I'm assuming he doesn't show up until Avengers 2. Wondering if Avengers 2 will have the Avengers AND Guardians of the Galaxy to defeat him? That would epic.

dudermagee
11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
I was all like WTF when I heard about Rocket Raccoon too. I mean, like Blade, most ppl have never heard of that Marvel franchise until they got the movie treatment. I saw this on youtube and it had me laughing soooo, maybe the raccoon won't be so bad...
wrKE04yUDtY

On another note... Who's been watching the Marvel's Agent's SHIELD? I hear next week's episode is supposed to tie in with the events that happened in Thor 2... I'm enjoying the show, but the agents Fitz and Simmons aren't really growing on me like I'd expect them to from a Joss Whedon project not like Topher from Dollhouse, Xander & Willow from Buffy or Wes & Fred from Angel...

You heard wrong
Ant-Man (2015) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/)

fyneyoungstunna
11-16-2013, 09:23 PM
How the hell are you guys saying you are comic book fans and marvel fans and A) dont know about guardians of the galaxy...how they tie into X-men
B) say that Ant man is not an important part of the avengers, and has no major rolls....
Im shaking my damn head at you monkeys.

Oh and ghost rider not popular? if they continue the spiderman series the way it should be, Ghost rider and deadpool will be very popular....

simmode1
11-16-2013, 10:02 PM
^^^To be honest, I read a few books in the 80's but didn't really get into comice until the Age of Apocalypse era when Joe Madureira started introducing his anime/manga influenced art style.
http://onceuponasketch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ultimates3_cover_5_by_liquidology.jpg

You heard wrong
Ant-Man (2015) - IMDb (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/)
Strange. The July 2015 release date is AFTER the May 2015 release date of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron... So Ultron is slated to appear before Hank Pym gets a movie?

Anyways, I don't care if I'm wrong. I just don't care to see an Antman character in a movie.

babyjesus
11-17-2013, 07:30 AM
antman would be pretty cool. here's a video someone made of a preview from a while back. couldn't figure out how to embed, but here's the link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xycdbs_ant-man-2012-edgar-wright-concept-teaser_shortfilms

FRpilot
11-17-2013, 01:50 PM
How the hell are you guys saying you are comic book fans and marvel fans and A) dont know about guardians of the galaxy...how they tie into X-men
B) say that Ant man is not an important part of the avengers, and has no major rolls....
Im shaking my damn head at you monkeys.

Oh and ghost rider not popular? if they continue the spiderman series the way it should be, Ghost rider and deadpool will be very popular....

Sorry we're not as nerdy as you.

For the record, I never said I was an extreme comic book fan know it all. I did collect some comic cards when I was younger so that's how that got me interested into Marvel, so I only have basic limited knowledge. I never read too deeply into graphic comic novels and know all the stories.

kingkilburn
11-17-2013, 03:04 PM
Please tell us of the amazing tales of Antman.

simmode1
11-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Fuck Antman. Would rather have Black Panther anyday. Hell, I'd take Iron Fist & Luke Cage over Antman in a heartbeat.

theronin
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Fuck Antman. Would rather have Black Panther anyday. Hell, I'd take Iron Fist & Luke Cage over Antman in a heartbeat.

Idris Elba as Black Panther? Yes please

kingkilburn
11-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Chiwetel Ejiofor gets my vote. Let Idris bring back Spawn.

FRpilot
11-17-2013, 04:37 PM

You might get your wish.

According to wiki, all those characters and films might be on the horizon after Antman.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe#Potential_projects)

jamg
11-17-2013, 04:41 PM
are there any cartoon movies? i really liked the ones on netflix.

any more?

simmode1
11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
You might get your wish.

According to wiki, all those characters and films might be on the horizon after Antman.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe#Potential_projects)
Nice. My vote for Panther? I think Djimon Hounsou got that cat in the bag. He did a great job on the animated Black Panther series with it's shoestring budget...

are there any cartoon movies? i really liked the ones on netflix.

any more?
I just found out there is a 12 part X-Men anime series that was released in 2011.
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/x-men-episode-1-online

With Japanese audio and English subs!

fliprayzin240sx
11-17-2013, 07:47 PM
I still want Marvel to make a damn Venom movie...maybe throw Carnage into the mix.

FRpilot
11-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I still want Marvel to make a damn Venom movie...maybe throw Carnage into the mix.

well, there was some crazy rumor going around that Carnage might be in the next spiderman movie being played by Jim Carey.

Felipe
11-17-2013, 10:22 PM

Hell yes

well, there was some crazy rumor going around that Carnage might be in the next spiderman movie being played by Jim Carey.

Hell no

fliprayzin240sx
11-17-2013, 10:57 PM

I can see Jim Carey pulling that shit off...:hide:

exitspeed
11-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Good thread.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the new Netflix exclusive series happening! This is going to he awesome.Disney's Marvel and Netflix Join Forces to Develop Historic Four Series Epic plus a Mini-Series Event | News | Marvel.com (http://marvel.com/news/story/21476/disneys_marvel_and_netflix_join_forces_to_develop_ historic_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event)

You might get your wish.

Um, hello. I mentioned that shit in my first post...

SimpleS14
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM

I concur......

exitspeed
11-18-2013, 09:31 AM
I haven't even seen the Amazing Spiderman reboot.

You know what franchise I'm pissed that they still haven't pulled off perfectly? The Punisher. I mean the formula has been done so well so many times in Hollywood, but for some reason they just can't do a great Punisher movie.

simmode1
11-18-2013, 11:06 AM
^^^Actually, I thought the Amzing Sipdey reboot was pretty good. Wasn't perfect, but it was enjoyable, despite Peter Parker being the oldest looking high school student ever. I'm looking forward to the next one and seeing Jamie Foxx as Electro. Rhino's supposed to be in there too.

I love it when a franchise has a robust rouges gallery to draw from for movie inspiration. Gets tiring seeing heroes battle the same villians over and over.

Um, hello. I mentioned that shit in my first post...
Oh... didn't even notice this. Interesting...

FRpilot
11-18-2013, 11:06 AM

Agree.

Jim Carey seems to be able to pull off the crazy wacko characters just fine (Riddler, Colonel Stars N Stripes, crazy street magician in Burt Wonderstone, and to an extent wacky characters like The Mask and Ace Ventura).

I haven't even seen the Amazing Spiderman reboot.

You know what franchise I'm pissed that they still haven't pulled off perfectly? The Punisher.

I liked the Spiderman reboot. Hard to say if Toby McGuire version or facebook guy version will be better until it is all said and done, but I liked the darker tone of the reboot.

The Punisher movie with John Travolta as the villain sucked, but I thought the movie after that, Punisher Warzone was ok (not good, but not terrible either). I have no idea how the Punisher should be. Isn't he just a vigilante who takes matters into his own hands with extreme violence and use of firearms, which is what Punisher Warzone portrayed.

exitspeed
11-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Agree.

Jim Carey seems to be able to pull off the crazy wacko characters just fine (Riddler, Colonel Stars N Stripes, crazy street magician in Burt Wonderstone, and to an extent wacky characters like The Mask and Ace Ventura).

I liked the Spiderman reboot. Hard to say if Toby McGuire version or facebook guy version will be better until it is all said and done, but I liked the darker tone of the reboot.

The Punisher movie with John Travolta as the villain sucked, but I thought the movie after that, Punisher Warzone was ok (not good, but not terrible either). I have no idea how the Punisher should be. Isn't he just a vigilante who takes matters into his own hands with extreme violence and use of firearms, which is what Punisher Warzone portrayed.

Yeah I mean it's essentially Hard to Kill (except his whole family dies) meets Batman and instead of goofey weapons its just tons and tons of guns. How does Hollywood keep fucking that up? Lol

Corbic
11-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah I mean it's essentially Hard to Kill (except his whole family dies) meets Batman and instead of goofey weapons its just tons and tons of guns. How does Hollywood keep fucking that up? Lol

Because it is boring and formulaic?

The real shocker is Deadpol. That should be a director's/writer's wet dream. Unlimited humor, insanity and gore.

Felipe
11-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Jim is too funny to be carnage... it need some one like jim, but with more serious psycho killer.

Any one seen that youtube short "punisher dirty laundry" ?

exitspeed
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Because it is boring and formulaic?

The real shocker is Deadpol. That should be a director's/writer's wet dream. Unlimited humor, insanity and gore.

There's nothing boring about a dude taking violent revenge on the fucks who killed his family. Nothing.

fliprayzin240sx
11-19-2013, 05:47 AM
Jim is too funny to be carnage... it need some one like jim, but with more serious psycho killer.

Any one seen that youtube short "punisher dirty laundry" ?

Well, Jim Carrey is the only person I can see that can project that crazy/lunatic mentality of Cletus Kassidy. Imagine a happy go lucky guy who's idea of a fun time is disemboweling you. I can see Jim Carrey being able to pull that off, laughing his ass off while taking out your spleen with symbiote axe arms.

exitspeed
11-19-2013, 07:21 AM
Well, Jim Carrey is the only person I can see that can project that crazy/lunatic mentality of Cletus Kassidy. Imagine a happy go lucky guy who's idea of a fun time is disemboweling you. I can see Jim Carrey being able to pull that off, laughing his ass off while taking out your spleen with symbiote axe arms.

I think you guys can all put the Jim Carrey thing to rest. After his comments regarding Kick Ass 2 I doubt he's going to be in any violent roles or movies in the future. He used to be one of my favorite actors but I lost a lot of respect for him after that.

SimpleS14
11-19-2013, 08:30 AM
I think you guys can all put the Jim Carrey thing to rest. After his comments regarding Kick Ass 2 I doubt he's going to be in any violent roles or movies in the future. He used to be one of my favorite actors but I lost a lot of respect for him after that.

What comments?

exitspeed
11-19-2013, 10:12 AM
What comments?

He shoots a violent as fuck movie and turns around and condemns it afterward like he had no fucking clue what the movie was about. If he actually felt that way he should have donated the money he made from it. But nope.

Jim Carrey condemns violence in his own movie Kick-Ass 2 | Film | theguardian.com (http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jun/24/jim-carrey-violence-kick-ass-2-sandy-hook)

FRpilot
11-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, Jim Carrey is the only person I can see that can project that crazy/lunatic mentality of Cletus Kassidy.

Yea, Jim Carey has a knack for pulling off crazy mental guy roles pretty well with the way he acts.

I think you guys can all put the Jim Carrey thing to rest. After his comments regarding Kick Ass 2 I doubt he's going to be in any violent roles or movies in the future.

I think there's still a chance since the Amazing Spiderman movie will not be violent as fuck. It will probably be rated PG-13 again so more people can see it to rake in the dollars at the box office. Kick Ass 2 was rated R, but who knows, it was all just a rumor to begin with.

Felipe
11-19-2013, 06:30 PM

Robert knepper?

http://www.filmoria.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Robert-Knepper1.jpg

kingkilburn
11-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Jim Carey is also very obviously bi polar. He was on a high during production and a low following. Extreme comments and actions from him should always be taken with a grain of salt.

SimpleS14
11-26-2013, 12:10 PM
ByCY2UYLHG8

Felipe
11-26-2013, 03:10 PM
/\/\/\

Nice...

theronin
11-26-2013, 05:18 PM
/\/\/\

Nice...

Is that a teaser for a Magneto movie????

SimpleS14
11-26-2013, 09:06 PM

Don't think so. Looks like a teaser for the next X-men movie.

exitspeed
11-27-2013, 09:07 AM

Don't think so. Looks like a teaser for the next X-men movie.

Yes, it's for X-Men Days of Future Past.

Felipe
11-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Im still waiting on cable to come out in any movie :0/

simmode1
11-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Im still waiting on cable to come out in any movie :0/
Cable can't exist since stupid 20th Century fox killed Cyclops... Unless they completely butcher his origin, which they have been known to do.

SimpleS14
11-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Cable can't exist since stupid 20th Century fox killed Cyclops... Unless they completely butcher his origin, which they have been known to do.

This is probably a far stretch, but I'm hoping X-Men Days of Future Past will give an excuse to create an "alternative future" and reboot the rest of the franchise.

dudermagee
11-27-2013, 06:14 PM
I hope Marvel buys the rights back and does it fucking right

simmode1
11-27-2013, 08:07 PM
I hope Marvel buys the rights back and does it fucking right
we all hope that would happen, but we all know it would probably be prohibitively expensive for even Disney's long pockets to do so or else they would have already done it.

kingkilburn
11-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Time travel blows open the franchise to be fixed or even more fucked.

Felipe
11-30-2013, 05:05 PM

They will lol

This is probably a far stretch, but I'm hoping X-Men Days of Future Past will give an excuse to create an "alternative future" and reboot the rest of the franchise.

Hell yeah that shit will work for me

Time travel blows open the franchise to be fixed or even more fucked.

Fixed > fucked

simmode1
12-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Electro looks badass. But I would definitely NOT want to have to fight this new Rhino either.
MpF5M-xkI4w

kingkilburn
12-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Look at that. Another Spiderman with way too much going on.

SimpleS14
12-05-2013, 06:55 PM
EnwGG5TAN7g

So it's possible Days of Future Past could setup an alternative future.

exitspeed
12-05-2013, 07:23 PM
APOCALYPSE! Love they are doing these big villains.

simmode1
12-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh god yes... please fix the X-Men's continuity problems. Age of Apocalypse is what got me into comics!

SimpleS14
12-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Latest news is that Sony is going to make a Venom film to tie into The Amazing Spiderman movies

Felipe
12-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Latest news is that Sony is going to make a Venom film to tie into The Amazing Spiderman movies

Yes! But more evil

:s101:Spiderman 2 looks way better than 1

Felipe
12-14-2013, 11:24 AM
http://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/51faa874e4b0cc5aa44efb45/1375381622234/sentinel-X-Men%20Days%20of%20Future%20Past72782.jpg?format=75 0w

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/x-men-last-stand-sentinel-600x252.jpg

Why do i have a feeling they going to fuk this up in future past :0/

simmode1
12-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Why do i have a feeling they going to fuk this up in future past :0/
I have thought that since day one.

Felipe
12-14-2013, 11:41 AM
I have thought that since day one.

It looked bad ass in training room with wolverine

But the new one looks too soft :naw:

simmode1
12-14-2013, 12:06 PM
It looked bad ass in training room with wolverine

But the new one looks too soft :naw:
All we saw of a Sentinel in Xmen 3 was the head... Which presents another continuity issue... How the fuck they even have that in the Danger Room when the shit hadn't even been created yet?

I'm assuming the new Sentinel posted above is just a sort of mock up and we'll mostly see CG versions on the screen. That one looks way to small and flimsy. I suppose all the use of plastic is to counter Magneto though...

Felipe
12-14-2013, 12:21 PM
All we saw of a Sentinel in Xmen 3 was the head... Which presents another continuity issue... How the fuck they even have that in the Danger Room when the shit hadn't even been created yet?

I'm assuming the new Sentinel posted above is just a sort of mock up and we'll mostly see CG versions on the screen. That one looks way to small and flimsy. I suppose all the use of plastic is to counter Magneto though...

Maybe they have a mutain that seen the future and were preparing for it.

Good point on the plastic. Hopefully stark industries have something to do with them.

simmode1
12-14-2013, 12:26 PM
You won't see Stark Industries in any X-Men movie.

Felipe
12-14-2013, 12:56 PM
You won't see Stark Industries in any X-Men movie.

Spiderman?

I remember seing him in xmen cartoon series about him trying to fix his mutation.

http:// http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/709/709943/the-history-of-the-x-men-on-tv-20090122025847553.jpg

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tbc-300x226.jpg

http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/spiderrogue-300x226.jpg

simmode1
12-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that X-Men/most mutants, Stark+Avengers and SpiderMan are all owner by different production studios and won't crossover unless the rights to the characters revert back to Marvel...

Felipe
12-14-2013, 01:11 PM
People now and days will do anything for fresh ideas.

simmode1
12-14-2013, 05:05 PM
People now and days will do anything for fresh ideas.
Dude, I don't think you get what I am saying...

In order to reach the point they are today, Marvel's movie studios had to start somewhere. In order to get their projects off the ground they sold the movie rights of certain properties to different movie studios.

- 20th Century Fox got the Fantastic 4, X-Men and pretty much anything mutant related.
- Sony got Blade, Spiderman, Ghostrider, Daredevil and Elektra.
- IronMan and all the Avengers on the big screen stayed with Marvel, which is now owned by Disney.

Fox, Sony and Disney are not going to be letting their properties crossover with the other companies (unless they exploit loopholes like with QuickSilver and Scarlet Witch).

When Marvel sold off their movie rights to these characters, there is a clause in the contracts that will allow Marvel to regain their rights to them in certain situations, like if the company holding the rights doesn't release a movie featuring the character within 10 years or something.

Recently, Blade, Ghostrider, Daredevil and Elektra reverted back to Marvel's ownership. But Fox and Sony have a deathgrip on the Xmen and Spiderman (not sure whats up with the Fantastic 4. Last I heard, they were up for a reboot soon). They won't be sharing the same universe with the Avengers or each other any time soon.

So no Stark Industries building Sentinels. I believe Trask Industries' has that contract sowed up.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bdcdd78439371eeeb32c7448fc71d334/tumblr_mqvecp2YeG1swdsh3o1_500.png

FRpilot
12-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Recently, Blade, Ghostrider, Daredevil and Elektra reverted back to Marvel's ownership.

Stuff you posted was pretty informative to me. Didn't know Marvel had a hand in the recent Ghost Rider (Nicholas Cage) films. I never watched Ghost Rider 1 or 2, but I thought media said they were pretty disappointing, which is odd considering it is coming from Marvel with their recent releases.

dudermagee
12-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Stuff you posted was pretty informative to me. Didn't know Marvel had a hand in the recent Ghost Rider (Nicholas Cage) films. I never watched Ghost Rider 1 or 2, but I thought media said they were pretty disappointing, which is odd considering it is coming from Marvel with their recent releases.

Marvel didn't make those.....
'Ghost Rider' Movie Rights Return to Marvel - Will We See a Reboot Soon? (http://screenrant.com/ghost-rider-movie-rights-marvel-punisher-blade-daredevil/)

Corbic
12-14-2013, 08:28 PM

CG is what will make/break it. Sure, thats a physical prop, that may not even bee done, but once they ad all the effects it will look fierce and "real", rather then a plastic oversized toy.

While there has been many story issues, the special effects, settings and costumes have all been fantastic.

As for the Sentinel in the Danger Room - it was fan service. I think the problem with all the X-Men movies is that the producers never expected to make another. The "Avengers" series on the other hand, they quickly realized they had some serious money makers on their hands and planned out the future of the franchise better.

kingkilburn
12-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Marvel did well to build a universe for the movies to be set in. Any related character could pop up and not be out of place.

Can you see any other Marvel property crossing into the Blade series as it had been? I don't think so.

SimpleS14
12-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Vin Diesel cast as Groot in Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' | The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/22/5236400/vin-diesel-cast-as-groot-in-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy)

BossHogg
12-24-2013, 12:48 AM

did you say venom? Venom and carnage movies can only be cool if they are made for adults. Rated R....or X if I had my personal choice. I still have some hardcore carnage comics from back in the day. I want gruesome detailed gore (not overly fake looking) with tits n ass.

Hello body paint.
http://i.imgur.com/4ssV9uG.jpg

simmode1
02-02-2014, 08:10 PM
7SlILk2WMTI

SimpleS14
02-02-2014, 09:32 PM
7SlILk2WMTI

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA3LzA1L2FiL0plcmVteVJlbm5lLjczZTU0LmdpZg pwCXRodW1iCTEyMDB4OTYwMD4/d901cdd3/86c/Jeremy-Renner.gif

Seriously, this movie looks awesome. I'm really curious to see how they lay out the backstory for the Winter Solider. I'm guessing a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. project or 'plan B' after losing Capt. America during WWII.

FaLKoN240
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
jIZytYUfP7o

kingkilburn
02-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Well the Winter Soldier is supposed to be his war buddy from WW2 that got picked up by the soviets during the same incident that left Cap frozen.

fliprayzin240sx
02-03-2014, 03:40 AM
^^^Winter Soldier was supposed to be Bucky right? Was there a Bucky in the first Capt America movie???

SimpleS14
02-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Well the Winter Soldier is supposed to be his war buddy from WW2 that got picked up by the soviets during the same incident that left Cap frozen.

^^^Winter Soldier was supposed to be Bucky right? Was there a Bucky in the first Capt America movie???

Yup, it's Bucky from the first movie. Since his introduction is different from the original comic, I'm curious on how this plays out in the film adaptation.

DenkiMan!
02-19-2014, 09:02 AM
pTZ2Tp9yXyM

Chris Pratt will actually make a very good Starlord when comparing his performance in this trailer to the comics. excited to see this!!

exitspeed
02-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Yeah, the trailer is awesome. I love they are going this route and using some of the more obscure characters and setting up more Thanos action with his granddaughter and his adopted daughter Gamorain this one.

simmode1
02-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Ahhhh... Digging that trailer! GOTG looks like it's gonna be pretty damn fun! I was sketchy before, but faith restored!

VNG704
02-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Drax is played by... Batista?

DenkiMan!
02-24-2014, 11:37 AM
so the new Spiderman trailer looks really super action packed....Jamie Foxx looks like he's really gonna kill it

iDu7eCtx8WA

innovation
02-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Looks like they are just throwing as many villains as possible into the new Spider man movie. (Very reminiscent of Spider-Man 3)

SimpleS14
02-25-2014, 11:17 AM
So I finally got a chance to watch Thor 2 and the end credit scene changes my theory on the Winter Solider. Right now I'm speculating that the Winter Solider came to be because of the time stone, one of the six infinity stones. With two of the stones already revealed, I can see two more revealed in Winter Solider and GOTG. This can also setup a Dr. Strange movie to reveal another stone and possibly have the final one show up in the end credits of Avengers 2 to set things up for the ultimate showdown in Avengers 3.

conrad_s13.5
03-13-2014, 08:20 AM
^ I can get on board with this idea.

SimpleS14
03-24-2014, 09:56 AM
fiA6sVKLlgo

exitspeed
03-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Ign said Caption America 2 is the best Marvel movie yet. Can't wait to go see it.

simmode1
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
fiA6sVKLlgo
Goddammit... I already know in advance that they've tricked me into seeing another X-Men movie. This trailer looks phenomenal, but all the previous ones have looked like trash. I hope it redeems the franchise.
:picardfp:

DenkiMan!
03-26-2014, 09:23 PM
lol yea they are good at drawing people into these movies even if they aren't that good. i honestly thought first class was pretty good. this should definitely be better

cgtdream
03-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Ign said Caption America 2 is the best Marvel movie yet. Can't wait to go see it.

I just went to see a 4D showing of it up near seoul and hory sheeet it was a damn good movie. Wouldnt by far say it was the BEST marvel movie to date. But most deffo the second best, lol. Had very decently paced action, great plot twist, and boom the ending scene was actually revealing!

fliprayzin240sx
04-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Sooo, I just realized something...both Avengers 2 and X-Men is going to have Quicksilver in it. How the fuck did that happen?!?!

simmode1
04-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Sooo, I just realized something...both Avengers 2 and X-Men is going to have Quicksilver in it. How the fuck did that happen?!?!
I heard they exploited some loophole, like Avengers couldn't refer to Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch by their codenames & couldn't call them mutants.

VNG704
04-01-2014, 07:41 AM
He's soo fast he made the appearances in both, duh.:mepoke:

SimpleS14
04-03-2014, 02:01 PM

It's due to the movie rights between Fox and Marvel Studios. This illustration highlights it at a high level....

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/02/tumblr_n0sbtcJKyr1qa0uujo1_1280.png

Also if you're wondering why 'Marvel' shows up on every film, it's because of the licensing agreements. The studios are using Marvel licensed products, so the logo has to be featured at the start of a movie as a requirement.

simmode1
04-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Best explanation that I've seen. Lol @ the Power Pack...

Don't the rights revert back to Marvel if the company licensing the property doesn't feature the character in a movie within 10 years? I heard that's how Marvel got Ghost Rider, Blade, DareDevil & Elektra back. I've never heard of Namor being featured... When's he going home?

exitspeed
04-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Saw Cap 2 last night. Awesome. All I thought of the whole time is how much I wish I could have his powers. He's so bad ass in these movies. I won't spoil anything.

Here's an awesome vid from IGN explaining the ending credits and the whole Quicksilver/Scarlett Witch story and X-Men/Avengers. http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/26/captain-america-the-winter-soldiers-end-credits-easter-egg-explained-comics-history-101

simmode1
04-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Haven't seen the movie yet, but as I understood Cap's abilities, the super soldier serum was supposed to keep his body at the peak of human physical conditioning, so he'd be at or slightly above an Olympic athlete's ability at all times.

The latest trailer I saw had him flipping around like Yoda taking down a Quinjet with this bare hands.... I got a little worried at that point, like WTF is all this CG? I'm guessing it didn't detract from the movie too much. I know Chris Evans trained in parkour for the role, I just hope the CG isn't overboard. That ppl can aspire to do the things that Cap does is the best thing about his character to me...

dudermagee
04-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Haven't seen the movie yet, but as I understood Cap's abilities, the super soldier serum was supposed to keep his body at the peak of human physical conditioning, so he'd be at or slightly above an Olympic athlete's ability at all times.

The latest trailer I saw had him flipping around like Yoda taking down a Quinjet with this bare hands.... I got a little worried at that point, like WTF is all this CG? I'm guessing it didn't detract from the movie too much. I know Chris Evans trained in parkour for the role, I just hope the CG isn't overboard. That ppl can aspire to do the things that Cap does is the best thing about his character to me...

Abilities per: http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers) (http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers)

here is just the part about his strength:

Peak Human Strength: Rogers' physical strength is enhanced to the very peak of human potential. As a result, he is as physically strong as a human being can be without being classified as superhuman. Captain America had been seen bench pressing 544 kg/1,200 lbs which is consistent with his strength level, as benching is easier than military press lifting. This strength also extends to his legs, enabling him to leap 6mt/20ft out in a single bound and 10ft/3 meters into the air without a running start. He can snap steel handcuffs and chains, and is capable of breaking through wooden walls and steel doors with a single kick

exitspeed
04-05-2014, 08:49 AM

Abilities per: http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers) (http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_America_(Steven_Rogers)

here is just the part about his strength:

Peak Human Strength: Rogers' physical strength is enhanced to the very peak of human potential. As a result, he is as physically strong as a human being can be without being classified as superhuman. Captain America had been seen bench pressing 544 kg/1,200 lbs which is consistent with his strength level, as benching is easier than military press lifting. This strength also extends to his legs, enabling him to leap 6mt/20ft out in a single bound and 10ft/3 meters into the air without a running start. He can snap steel handcuffs and chains, and is capable of breaking through wooden walls and steel doors with a single kick

^
Yeah that is a fair description of what he's able to do in the movie. Again, don't want to spoil the movie but it's not like he has super healing abilities like Wolverine or anything.

simmode1
04-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Oh.... Didn't realize the super solider serum enhanced quite that far. Cool.

I had always imagined Cap's fighting ability should about match or exceed what we saw when Blonski fight the Hulk & the first Cap movie disappointed me in that regard. Sounds like Winter Solider is gonna show me the Cap I've been waiting for...

FRpilot
04-05-2014, 12:26 PM
This illustration highlights it at a high level...

i lol'd, but that explained everything pretty well.

SimpleS14
04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Just saw Winter Solider......SO AWESOME. Everyone go see it, you will not be disappointed. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I have to say that the Winter Solider is badass. As for the end scene credits, it nicely ties into Avengers 2 and the 3rd capt movie. There are two, so wait it out to see both of them.

fliprayzin240sx
04-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Just saw it last night...like how Captain evolved into a badass character since the first movie and Avengers. Movie just felt like you know who's in charge and felt more whole than before.

Like said, there's 2 easter eggs in the credit so stick around after the first one...

As far as the movie, what is the arm of Winter Soldier made out of? I thought it was the same as Capt's shield, vibranium...so how'd it get damaged?

simmode1
04-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Well, Cap's shield is a mix of vibranium plus adamantium, so maybe the shield is more durable?

SimpleS14
04-07-2014, 09:35 AM
Don't recall the arm getting severely damaged. It does have a lot of moving parts since its pretty much a cyborg arm, so it will be vulnerable compared to the shield.

Speaking of Winter Solider....this image...so badass....

http://alienbee.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/captain-america-6.jpg

I want to see if again to catch the easter eggs!

ManoNegra
04-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I stopped going to the movies years ago but this one is making me think twice.

and this made laugh

http://jpegy.com/images/uploads/2014/04/The-moment-you-realize-hes-really-Captain-Puerto-Rico.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
04-08-2014, 07:08 PM
I stopped going to the movies years ago but this one is making me think twice.

and this made laugh

http://jpegy.com/images/uploads/2014/04/The-moment-you-realize-hes-really-Captain-Puerto-Rico.jpg

Watching Scarlett Johansen in a tight fitting leather suit in a big ass 3D screen is reason enough to watch it.

DenkiMan!
04-09-2014, 12:56 PM
saw Cap 2 Monday night and man was I impressed. After the very first fight scene with him in it I just said to myself "thank you", finally choreography that is just on point and BADASS. the only thing i was worried about was how Falcon was going to look and throughout the movie he was as incredible, the scenes where he flies are awesome. I was just so pleased with how the action went and how they displayed Cap's abilities, because in Avengers, lets be honest. he didn't do much except get his ass kicked by Loki and wear a really stupid uniform. and in the first Cap, there was just one scene where he really went off on a few guys.

people are saying its better than the Avengers, but I'd have to disagree simply because it was more of a grand story line. but this is by far the best solo marvel movie to date I will say that, even over Iron Man (take avengers out and I'd even say its the best Marvel movie to date). I strongly encourage everyone to see this movie, there will be little to complain about, action is unbeatable at this point, storyline is easy to follow with awesome plot twists, and it really sets the stage for whats to come in a great way.

simmode1
04-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Still waiting to see the Winter Soldier, but just got done watching the latest episode of Agents of SHIELD & damn! It is going down! Movie tie-ins out the ass! Much bigger than the Thor tie-ins... Shit just got serious. The direction of the whole show has lead up to the events in Winter Solider & now everything is changing! I hope they figure out how to save Deathlok before the end of the season...

Anybody else watching SHIELD?

ManoNegra
04-09-2014, 01:44 PM
I desperately wanted to like the show but stopped watching after a couple of episodes. Too damn cheesy and can't stand most of the cast.

some-guy23
04-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I desperately wanted to like the show but stopped watching after a couple of episodes. Too damn cheesy and can't stand most of the cast.

What he said

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

simmode1
04-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Are you guys not familiar with Joss Whedon's storytelling style? His shows always start out like that so that the character development over time is dramatic & noticeable. By the time you're a few seasons in, the shit is so think that you're addicted. Just stick thru it.

Joss Whedon makes the best action/adventure shows on TV with a healthy dose of comedy if you stick around through the beginning.

As for not standing most of the cast, It's just Fitz that I can't stand. Dude's accent is annoying and he's more wooden than Hayden Christensen in Clone Wars. He's already started to change but I'm curious where he'll end up.

Okinawandrifter87
04-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Just saw it last night...like how Captain evolved into a badass character since the first movie and Avengers. Movie just felt like you know who's in charge and felt more whole than before.

Like said, there's 2 easter eggs in the credit so stick around after the first one...

As far as the movie, what is the arm of Winter Soldier made out of? I thought it was the same as Capt's shield, vibranium...so how'd it get damaged?

Can you P.M. Ray the two? I saw one and was not aware of the second.

MikeisNissan
04-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Whats up with the necklace on black widow, has an arrow does that mean her and hawkeye are lovers?

fliprayzin240sx
04-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Can you P.M. Ray the two? I saw one and was not aware of the second.

Second one is a quick one but will basically intrigue you to want to watch the 3rd one. It's probably in Youtube if you look it up.

SimpleS14
04-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Second one is a quick one but will basically intrigue you to want to watch the 3rd one. It's probably in Youtube if you look it up.

There were some other scenes that got me intrigued to watch the 3rd one too. Such as the burnt up dude...who will remain nameless to save any spoilers.

simmode1
04-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Ok, so like I said earlier, Joss Whedon shows are a slow boil, but its hitting the fan now on Agents of SHIELD. We still got a few episodes left before the finale, but I'm expecting super villains galore next season judging by all the hi-powered baddies that just got broken out of the Fridge.

We've seen Deathlok. We've seen Graviton's origin and he's ripe for a real debut now and that kid at the the academy who could control weather. Garrett seemed to imply someone in this most recent episode that he freed had some dream related powers.

I think ppl's gripe about the show's lack of super powered ppl is about to end soon. But I feel like I need to rewatch the 1st Cap movie to refresh my memory about Hydra.

Sidenote: I just read about Graviton's powers and abilities. Holy shit. How have I not heard about this guy previous to this show? Guy seems Magneto level badass.

simmode1
04-16-2014, 04:32 PM
New & final X-Men trailer.
mIFDA053UW8
Word is that the Spider-man ending credits contain scenes from X-Men: DOFP in a possible attempt by the separate companies to bring the two franchises together. Anybody seen Spidey yet?

some-guy23
04-16-2014, 04:38 PM
These x-men trailers give us Soo much hope but they just find ways to to screw it up. Hopefully this one can restore order to this franchise.

SimpleS14
04-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Word is that the Spider-man ending credits contain scenes from X-Men: DOFP in a possible attempt by the separate companies to bring the two franchises together. Anybody seen Spidey yet?

I highly doubt that. Sony wants to make their own cinematic universe around Spider-man. This is why there will be a Sinister Six and Vemon movie along with Amazing Spiderman 3. Fox is tentatively looking to build a cinematic universe too, but that depends on how Fantastic Four reboot and DOFP are received.

Also it would be very difficult for two studios to come to agreeing terms on how they will leverage their franchises. Either side might ask for too much money or one of them wants their character(s) to be the main focus or have the most epic scenes. Sorry, I just don't see it happening.

The Amazing Spiderman 2 is not out yet and there are no end credit scenes in the first movie.

simmode1
04-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But IGN & a host of other reputable sites are reporting X-men content in the Spiderman end credits. Its already out overseas...

Edit: Xmen content in Spiderman? Yes. Merging the franchises? Hell no.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/the-secret-deal-behind-spider-man-2-plugging-the-x-men-exclusive-1201158216/

SimpleS14
04-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you. But IGN & a host of other reputable sites are reporting X-men content in the Spiderman end credits. Its already out overseas...

Edit: Xmen content in Spiderman? Yes. Merging the franchises? Hell no.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/the-secret-deal-behind-spider-man-2-plugging-the-x-men-exclusive-1201158216/

Yea, my comments were about a cross-over which i still doubt will happen. I also didnt know it was out internationally (lucky guys). I watched this vid and the guy pretty much explained the deal also....

iMcOcBifC00

BTW....I like this movie talk show, watch it daily.

woodchuck
04-17-2014, 06:44 PM
These x-men trailers give us Soo much hope but they just find ways to to screw it up. Hopefully this one can restore order to this franchise.

don't count on it.

conrad_s13.5
04-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Finally saw Winter Soldier,. pretty damn good movie!

***SPOILERS***

-Never knew the dudes real name,. but I remember Crossbones!!! I like how they snuck that one in! That battle didnt end up too good for Cap in the comics
-Heard them mention Dr. Strange in the list of future 'threats' the logarithm found
-Foreshadowing showing winter soldier holding Caps shield!?

....Comic buffs,. I guess this was the moviesworlds' way of skipping the 'Superhuman Registration Act' or whatever it was called, and put everyones info out there? Or did a SHIELD / Hydra breach ever happen?
edit: shit srry mang,. Spoilers hidden

simmode1
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
^^^ Change your text color to grey when unveiling spoilers...

Edit: Finally saw the movie. Interesting to see ppl crossing over between the movie & tv show. GSP was predictably badass. I have zero complaints about Cap's fighting prowess now. And, apparently... miracles = mutants. Clever way to dodge that issue, Marvel. This movie's Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch make the X-Men's versions look functionally retarded.

woodchuck
05-23-2014, 03:19 PM
caution: SPOILERS

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/x-men-days-of-future-past/30636/11-questions-about-x-men-days-of-future-past-answered

Good info.

simmode1
05-23-2014, 03:31 PM
^^^OMG those sound like godzilla sized plotholes...

conrad_s13.5
05-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Story seems to be written by someone who only knows movie facts about xmen.

dudes mind would blow if he read a comic / watch the old cartoons...lol

exitspeed
05-31-2014, 05:52 AM
I don't care about all that shit at all. Nothing is going to be perfect. People forget this is movie intended to entertain. It doesn't need to be a movie with a flawless plot. I enjoyed the hell out of DOFP and First Class.

simmode1
05-31-2014, 07:37 AM
I don't expect perfection. Just get continuity somewhat correct. Havoc & Cyclops, brothers born generations apart? Jean killing Cyclops & Xavier? So many good storyline arcs just thrown in the trash with no regard to the source material. I would rather she killed a bunch of humans to create a genuine mutant threat, like Zod vs Superman. Right now, the humans fear of mutants is wholly irrational by comparison, IMO. Glad DOFP is undoing a lot of that, like some bad dream, without needing to reboot the franchise. Novel approach.

VNG704
05-31-2014, 07:48 AM
I don't care about all that shit at all. Nothing is going to be perfect. People forget this is movie intended to entertain. It doesn't need to be a movie with a flawless plot. I enjoyed the hell out of DOFP and First Class.
The plot doesn't have to be flawless, but First Class's deviation killed it. How is there a DOFP movie when Xavier, not to mention a lot of the main Xmen (except Wolverine) got vaporized? I hope this is addressed in the movie or some of us who care about continuity are gonna be wtf-ing through the movie.

simmode1
06-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Hmmm... In other news: Channing Tatum as the Ragin' Cajun. http://news.moviefone.com/2014/05/13/channing-tatum-x-men-gambithttps://s.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/FWrUnD4F183lhnqj3p6w8A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/movies/2014-05-13/81ce0600-dab7-11e3-8a42-a5c54714cc4a_ChanningTatum_Gambit1_051314.jpgDiscu ss.

VNG704
06-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Lmao, I wanna hear the accent from Channing. A young JCVD would've been perfect but alas.

simmode1
06-03-2014, 10:32 AM
^^^Apparently, Channing's family is from New Orleans. The accent may not be a problem for him. His hollywood star cred is rising... Soon, he'll be in that movie Jupiter Ascending with Mila Kunis. Maybe he'll see if he's improved in action flicks since GI Joe. Oddly enough, he seems better at comedy than action to me.

kingkilburn
06-03-2014, 04:41 PM
So at what point is Darwin coming back? There is no way in hell that guy died. It goes against everything he is.

simmode1
06-03-2014, 04:55 PM
So at what point is Darwin coming back? There is no way in hell that guy died. It goes against everything he is.

Pre-DOFP gives ZERO fucks about your source material & continuity, yo.

kingkilburn
06-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I don't see anything that would prevent him from coming back especially after they rewrote the present and haven't filled in the in between.

Corbic
06-03-2014, 08:45 PM
X-Men DOFP was epic fail. While the movie was entertaining and quality good, it failed to fix any of the massive issues with the x-men franchise.

As the link highlighted, it didn't even follow the already established fucked up X-men time line. Rather then waking up with some girl, why did we just have Wolverine in Uniform "waking up" at a Bar with Saber Tooth and being like "hey man, I got take care of something" and Saber being "cool bro, but remember, we ship out in three days".

How does stopping Trask from dying solve anything? Seriously. You just scared the living fuck out of the world not once but like 4 times by breaking out Magneto, disrupting the France assembly and then lifting a stadium, unveiling pyscho robots, sneaking into the presidents bunker and then controlling minds... all on live TV.

To me, that hurts the Mutant cause a helluva lot more than a scientist being killed.

Further more, how did any of this mend the relationship between Magneto and Xavier for the common cause?

LASTLY.

FREAKING LASTLY.

I am to now accept that Wolverine wakes up in the changed future 40 years later... but then only has the memories from the now erased past 40 years? So all the events that happened differently, all the things that could have forever changed his personality, the choices he made in the past 40 years cease to exist?

What if the events change, seeing the Mystique kidnaps him apparently, so that he never gets his steal skeleton? What if he still falls in love with that girl, but doesn't get shot in the head and thus doesn't forget about her, what if they got married and have kids?

A better integration would have been to simply have him wake up going "wtf dream did I just have" and then go to Xavier saying he has this horrible dream and it feels all real... and the Professor goes "Logan, you should sit down, because I need to tell you something. We did not first meet 5 years ago when you helped us bla blah blah... it was actually 40 years prior..."

Corbic
06-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Corbic's ReWrite.

Ok, it's the future. Life's a bitch. I'm cool with that. Rather then Kitty the wall girl, just make up a new mind-time-traveling mutant. Then we can't bitch.

Also when sending Wolverine back, Logan expresses he still doesn't trust Magneto, and Maggy then comments "after I helped you and Storm bring back Xavier from that hellish limbo he was trapped in, after I gave you back your claws and tried to save Rouge... you still don't trust me?!"

That will help level out some stuff.

Rather than the focus being stopping an execution, it should be on mending Charles and Magneto's relationship. IDK, the whole Trask thing was stupid. So was the plastic room and pistols. I thought the US-Gov didn't figure that crap out till X-men Last stand. :picardfp:

Boom. Genius.

Ok, Logan is to make nice between Xavier and Magneto. However it comes out that part of the "apocalypse" is when Magneto back stabs Mystique in Last Stand, sure turns against the mutants and helps "Trask" and the Government. 1970's Magneto decides "just kill her, problem solved"

Wolverine, realizing this plan is falling apart realize the world went to shit cause Xavier died in the future. The school was shut down, and there was no peace champion. JEAN KILLED Xavier. So he warns him about Jean, about the Phoenix.

As Magnetto is about to kill Mystique, Azazel saves her. The two flee the chaos in the US and hideout in Germany. Thus we can now have Nightcrawler.

Movie ends the future vanishing "light it did" and Logan hearing the time-machine girl's voice suddenly "you did it, you changed this future".. and then blacking out.

He awakes to find Sabertooth helping him up going "man, what have you been up too? Base is looking for your, we got to get going." Wolverine looks around puzzled "yeah... man I just have this weird vision or something" and Sabertooth laughs it off about to much LSD.

Xaiver then redoubles his efforts to build a school and Magneto takes off to contemplate the future. Show Mystique pregnant and in hiding with Azazel.

I would then use this as a segway to make another movie.

This movie could then feature Mystique, Runaway Rouge, Azazel, young Jean and Cyclops and Deadpol.

Azazel could be trying to enacted his portal to bring over demon mutants., he wants to sacrifice toddler Nightcrawler. Jean and Cyclops are sent to stop him, meanwhile Deadpol (as we know and love) shows up as a Government Mercenary to catch them all and just wreaks havoc.

It ends with Azazel dying, Nightcrawler being abandoned and Mystique hooking up with Rogue (As I recall Mystique had her own band of trouble makers which Rouge was apart of).

We can then introduce Jubilee, Gambit and others in a follow up movie where Rouge joins the X-men yada yada.

This would also give ground work for Deadpols own movie, and potentially a Marvel Zombies movie.

4DOOR_LIFE
11-01-2014, 11:56 PM
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!

https://moviehoundnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/marvel.jpg?w=696&h=983

LoneStarSilvia
11-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Dear Santa,

Time Machine.

simmode1
11-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Having read a little bit about Norse mythology, I am actually really excited to see a movie about Ragnorok. I mean, what else would you expect to happen with Loki on the throne of Asgard? Lol

Really excited about Black Panther as well. I also read that Marvel is trying to figure out how to reintroduce Blade as well, now that they've got that property back.

SimpleS14
11-03-2014, 05:04 AM
I also read that Marvel is trying to figure out how to reintroduce Blade as well, now that they've got that property back.

IMO, Marvel should created a separate MCU for characters such as Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher. They don't really fit with the current MCU, especially with their 'R' rating nature.

Corbic
11-03-2014, 05:56 AM
IMO, Marvel should created a separate MCU for characters such as Blade, Ghost Rider and Punisher. They don't really fit with the current MCU, especially with their 'R' rating nature.

Agreed. Ghost Rider, Punisher? Maybe.

Blade? Hell no. How are they going to draw in the entire vampire under world and conspiracy?

They need to bring in deadpol and figure out how to get the xmen back.

dudermagee
11-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I've been hearing rumors that since they own the comic book rights, they're just going to kill off everyone they don't own. Then buy them back and restart the comics on them.

exitspeed
11-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Agreed. Ghost Rider, Punisher? Maybe.

Blade? Hell no. How are they going to draw in the entire vampire under world and conspiracy?

They need to bring in deadpol and figure out how to get the xmen back.

Supposedly Marvel/Disney have been in negotiation with Sony to incorporate Spiderman bit not get the whole rights back. Basically just play nice and make a pile of money.

I guess Fox is 100% not interested.

SimpleS14
11-08-2014, 07:39 PM
I've been hearing rumors that since they own the comic book rights, they're just going to kill off everyone they don't own. Then buy them back and restart the comics on them.

Comic books always kill off their characters and bring them back. This idea is definitely not going to happen. These studios are licensing the characters regardless of whether or not they are actively being circulated in comics.

cjack300zx
11-08-2014, 08:10 PM
I just wish they would bring back spawn!

VNG704
11-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Except he's not Marvel.

4DOOR_LIFE
02-10-2015, 02:15 AM
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10991103_10152529786681923_5289790410341232983_n.j pg?oh=bf001b9b8ae29bd4806d09a6c1c33f13&oe=5564DAC7

spiderman marvel studios announcement
here are the facts that have been officially announced:

“under the deal, the new spider-man will first appear in a marvel film from marvel’s cinematic universe.”
sony pictures will thereafter release the next installment of the spider-man franchise on july 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by kevin feige and his team at marvel and amy pascal.
Marvel and sony pictures are also “exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the mcu into future spider-man films.”
sony pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the spider-man films.

sony pictures entertainment brings marvel studios into the amazing world of spider-man
new spider-man will appear first in an upcoming marvel film within marvel’s cinematic universe
marvel’s kevin feige to produce next installment of the spider-man franchise with amy pascal

(culver city, california, and burbank, california february 09, 2015) – sony pictures entertainment and marvel studios announced today that sony is bringing marvel into the amazing world of spider-man.

Under the deal, the new spider-man will first appear in a marvel film from marvel’s cinematic universe (mcu). Sony pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion spider-man franchise, on july 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by kevin feige and his expert team at marvel and amy pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the spider-man films.

Marvel and sony pictures are also exploring opportunities to integrate characters from the mcu into future spider-man films.

SimpleS14
02-10-2015, 06:44 AM
It's a shame Garfield will not be able to reprise the role. I really liked him as Spider-man.

exitspeed
02-10-2015, 08:32 AM
This is probably the biggest news from Marvel since they announced Avengers.

Yay for Disney money and Sony being in the shitter!

some-guy23
02-10-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm sure Garfield is secretly glad he is no longer involved in spiderman

simmode1
02-10-2015, 09:17 AM
This is great news. I didn't hate Garfield as Spiderman, but I didn't love it either. He was kinda forgettable. Hopefully, Fox lands in the shitter and is forced to do the same. X-Men looks more solid than ever but Fantastic 4 has a definite air of stinker about it...

exitspeed
02-24-2015, 03:53 PM
I got to be a very very very very small part of the Avengers news yesterday.

I'm looking through Google Now and see an article about some scontest with Harley and Marvel and in the article they talked about some leaked documents they got from a Copywriter which they specifically named. Well I knew the dude they were referenced. He works at a local ad agency (who has the account for Harley and Marvel) and I had just worked on something with him a few weeks ago.

I sent dude a message right away and asked him if he leaked that or if it was intentional. I'm not going to say too much more than that but it wasn't intentional and the shit was taken down immediately. I felt like I did a little bit of a good deed for the day. :angel:

I thought it was pretty cool anyway.

SimpleS14
03-03-2015, 09:09 AM
New set of Spider-man films rumored to be titled The Spectacular Spider-Man with Drew Goddard directing.

In other news, I want this action figure! http://toyland.gizmodo.com/the-first-official-shots-of-that-unbelievable-iron-man-1689123271

exitspeed
03-03-2015, 09:56 AM
In other news, I want this action figure! http://toyland.gizmodo.com/the-first-official-shots-of-that-unbelievable-iron-man-1689123271

THAT IS AWESOME!

I can't wait for this damn movie.

What do you guys think the odds are that we get a Spidey teaser at the end? Its certainly not too late for them to film it and they don't technically need to have the actual actor cast to show someone in the suit or webs or some shit. That would just be crazy.

simmode1
03-03-2015, 10:07 AM
That would be sooo cool to see Spidey pop up at the end of Avengers 2, but I highly doubt it. Most sources are saying we won't see him until Cap 3: Secret War. But that HulkBuster toy looks seriously cool. Can't wait to see that fight. It looks so much bigger than Hulk, but it seemed to be getting bitchslapped all over the place in the trailers.

simmode1
03-03-2015, 10:51 AM
In other news; Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight! If you're not watching this show, you're missing some cool parts of the Marvel cinematic experience. It's during this show that the Inhumans are being introduced. And they've got a true heavy hitter from the Marvel comic universe on the team now. Additionally, I enjoyed Agent Carter more than I thought I would too. Lots of easter eggs there.

exitspeed
03-03-2015, 02:43 PM
I couldn't get in SHEILD and I really like the character of Coulson. I loved watching the episode last year right after Cap 2 came out but then it didn't keep me ingaged. It kinda felt like they could be any characters to me.

Now Agent Carter I thought was fucking awesome. Every episode was great. I loved how sexist everyone was but she was actually a bad ass and they didn't know it.

simmode1
03-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Man, once Ward showed his Hydra colors & broke Fitz's brain, both those characters became alot more interesting to me. They were the main problem I had with the show. But seeing how Sky will handle her new power will be should be good. In the comic, it takes her pretty damn. The odds that she will meet & maybe even fight alongside the Avengers is high.

exitspeed
03-03-2015, 04:04 PM
Man, once Ward showed his Hydra colors & broke Fitz's brain, both those characters became alot more interesting to me. They were the main problem I had with the show. But seeing how Sky will handle her new power will be should be good. In the comic, it takes her pretty damn. The odds that she will meet & maybe even fight alongside the Avengers is high.

Yeah I want to like it. The Inhumans being involved and the Inhumans movie coming out makes me like the idea of the show even more. I have it DVR'd tonight.

Oh and THIS SHIT!http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/03/03/hugh-jackman-thinks-a-wolverineavengers-crossover-could-happen Sure he's being optimistic but he says he thinks it will. That would be awesome. I think Fox will change its tune now that the Spiderman news is blowing everyone's minds.

SimpleS14
03-04-2015, 04:13 AM
As awesome as it would be, I don't see a Wolverine crossover happening. The only possibility is if all these cinematic universes reboot and their some rip in time plot involving crossovers and new storylines/actors.

exitspeed
03-04-2015, 04:43 AM
As awesome as it would be, I don't see a Wolverine crossover happening. The only possibility is if all these cinematic universes reboot and their some rip in time plot involving crossovers and new storylines/actors.

Spiderman definitely fits in with the Avengers universe a little better but these writers are pretty fucking amazing. Who knows.

VNG704
03-04-2015, 07:35 AM
Actually Wolverine does tie into the Avengers. He's worked with Capt Am from the old days.

Corbic
03-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Actually Wolverine does tie into the Avengers. He's worked with Capt Am from the old days.

Yeah but none of that has been covered.just like given the prevalence of mutants in X-men universe you'd have heard about them by now in the "Avengers" series.

VNG704
03-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Good point. Yea, they fucked it up. It's gonna be some more weird stuff going on for the tie ins. Maybe Shadow cat the chick that previously can only phase through matter, has another mental power we don't know about that will change things up for ease of squeezing the Xmen in. :keke:

simmode1
03-04-2015, 09:31 AM
The idea that the alternate reality created by X-Men: DOFP might include the Avengers universe is a great idea. That would be an awesome way to tie them together. But as for Spidey, I think it would be cool if Sony rebooted that franchise keeping Peter Parker, but the MCU should use the Miles Morales Spider-Man. What do you guys think? They could keep both origins even. I just don't really wanna see Uncle Ben die in a gutter for the umpteenth time.

exitspeed
03-04-2015, 09:33 AM
Yeah but none of that has been covered.just like given the prevalence of mutants in X-men universe you'd have heard about them by now in the "Avengers" series.

Exactly. I know in the comics he's been an avenger but the x-men universe and the avengers universe in the films have been different.

SimpleS14
03-04-2015, 04:16 PM
But as for Spidey, I think it would be cool if Sony rebooted that franchise keeping Peter Parker, but the MCU should use the Miles Morales Spider-Man. What do you guys think? They could keep both origins even. I just don't really wanna see Uncle Ben die in a gutter for the umpteenth time.

They are going to keep Peter Parker, but they don't need to do the origin story all over again. It can easily be covered in a 2 min flashback while Spidey is talking to someone.

Honestly, I'd like to see Miles Morales but I don't know if the general public will get on board with that. My pipe dream scenario would involve a reveal of Spidey with Iron Man at an end credit scene of Avengers 2. Spidey/Peter Parker would show up in Civil War and team up with Iron Man...introducing the Iron Spiderman (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/144/3/d/iron_sprider_man_by_colossus484-d3h4bm3.jpg). At the end of Capt. 3, Spiderman/Peter Parker gets killed off and an end credit scene would introduce Miles Morales.

simmode1
03-04-2015, 05:22 PM
^^^So, Peter Parker cameos in Avengers 2 and then dies in Cap 3? lol... Thats pretty anti-climatic. I feel that it would take too many damn movies to reboot the franchise and then get around to introducing Miles as well. I think there is room for them both to operate in their separate cinematic universes simultaneously with a few storyline tweaks.

exitspeed
03-04-2015, 08:26 PM
NEW TRAILER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo

cgtdream
03-05-2015, 08:05 AM

And he was an Avenger. But as other commenters have previously stated, Spider Man just makes more sense. Even more so when you consider he was just "given up" by a major studio to its rival studio.

But stick to this quoted comment, I would love to see Wolverine in the MCU. Even if the "actor" Wolverine is playing as, is just doing it for the money.

SimpleS14
03-05-2015, 03:12 PM
NEW TRAILER!!!

JAUoeqvedMo

Love this trailer! New scenes and let me with new set of questions. My biggest one is around Vision...how he was created and if he is in fact dawning the soul gem....
http://i1.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Age-of-Ultron-t3-38-700x290.jpg

Money shot:
http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/ZZ1DA53BA9.jpg

az_240
03-05-2015, 05:14 PM
My biggest one is around Vision...how he was created and if he is in fact dawning the soul gem....

From Wiki... "Vision will appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), played by Paul Bettany.[65] Mirroring the comics, The Vision will be created by Ultron "to show he has the power to create life, too."

Cannot wait for this!

simmode1
03-05-2015, 05:57 PM
If Vison does indeed have the Soul Gem, what the hell are they going to do with Adam Warlock? I mean, we've seen his cacoon & everything... Plus, I think we're going to see Baron Von Strucker very soon in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson seriously bent HYRDA over in this most recent episode.

SimpleS14
03-06-2015, 11:21 AM
From Wiki... "Vision will appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), played by Paul Bettany.[65] Mirroring the comics, The Vision will be created by Ultron "to show he has the power to create life, too."

Cannot wait for this!

I don't completely buy that. I have to wait till the movie is out before I can believe Wiki lol

I'm still under the theory that Vision was created by Banner and Stark from the parts of an older Ultron form.

exitspeed
03-10-2015, 06:42 PM
I watched last week's AoS and I'm really realize trying to like it but I'm struggling. Which I'm so surprised about because I love almost everything coming from the MCU. I'm going to watch tonight's episode and keep giving it a shot.

They haven't said if Agent Carter is getting a renewal yet. They better.

simmode1
03-10-2015, 07:11 PM
^^^Did you watch the mid-season finale that preceded last week's episode? If not, I'd have recommended starting there.

SimpleS14
03-10-2015, 07:26 PM
I'll check out Agent Carter. I still can't get behind AoS, even with some nods to the current and future films.

exitspeed
03-11-2015, 08:12 AM
^^^Did you watch the mid-season finale that preceded last week's episode? If not, I'd have recommended starting there.

I didn't see if but I got the gist of what is going on from last weeks episode. I'm going to keep watching.

simmode1
03-11-2015, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I guess AOS isn't for everyone. I stuck with it long enough for it to grow on me because I loved Joss Whedon's other shows so much (except Firefly, which I never saw...). Maybe it's not you guy's thing. If I'm the only one watching it in this thread, I'm just gonna start spoiler major plot developments that might be of importance to the movies.

SimpleS14
03-11-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm just gonna start spoiler major plot developments that might be of importance to the movies.

Give out spoiler warnings!

exitspeed
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I guess AOS isn't for everyone. I stuck with it long enough for it to grow on me because I loved Joss Whedon's other shows so much (except Firefly, which I never saw...). Maybe it's not you guy's thing. If I'm the only one watching it in this thread, I'm just gonna start spoiler major plot developments that might be of importance to the movies.

Obviously the biggest thing is how this ties into the In humans movie next year right?

simmode1
03-11-2015, 02:21 PM
Spoiler:Daisy Johnson aka Sky isn't just an Inhuman in the comics. She becomes more important than that. She becomes SHIELD Director. And Sam Jack only has 2 of these movies left on his contract.

Corbic
03-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Honestly after seeing November Man, Pierce Bosman should have been Fury.

With his grey hair and an eye patch he is perfect.

simmode1
03-11-2015, 05:44 PM
^^^Not a bad idea. But I enjoyed Sam in the role as Fury just fine. Seeing Pierce as James Bond was enough super-spy for me out of him.

Corbic
03-11-2015, 07:00 PM
^^^Not a bad idea. But I enjoyed Sam in the role as Fury just fine. Seeing Pierce as James Bond was enough super-spy for me out of him.

But SJ, for me, is just a cartoon. He is the same over the top character in every role.

exitspeed
03-11-2015, 08:54 PM
Spoiler:Daisy Johnson aka Sky isn't just an Inhuman in the comics. She becomes more important than that. She becomes SHIELD Director. And Sam Jack only has 2 of these movies left on his contract.

That's interesting.

Ok this weeks episode was good. Now I feel like we're getting somewhere and building towards something bigger and not just detective show set in the MCU.

simmode1
03-12-2015, 11:17 AM
^^^It's been that way the whole time. Buidling and building every week. But it was amusing seeing a goofy Kree guy after Ronan's psycho ass in GOTG. I hope we see him again. He was kinda funny and he had some awesome fighting moves. Beating up Sif is no small feat.

woodchuck
03-12-2015, 12:49 PM

Every time Fury comes up i always think of the horrible made for tv movie:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c6/280px-Nick-fury-agent-of-shield-movie-poster-486x700.jpg

not sure if it was a full lenght movie but it was still dookie.

you have to admit hoff and fruy(OG fury) look alike.

just for laughs...what if marvel actually pulled this off and it was hoff and not SJ. lol.

Corbic
03-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Wow....I actually want to watch that.

Corbic
03-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Really SJ was just a BS fanboy move to draw a crowd and add some "diversity" to the shows.

George Clooney, Sean Penn, hell Tom Cruise could have been a better Nick Furry.

simmode1
03-12-2015, 02:33 PM
^^^Maybe, but it was always SJ that was envisioined for the role when the Ultimates comic line was launched. Though the storylines are more classic Marvel, the character themes they want to draw upon are mostly Ultimates inspired.

simmode1
03-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Man, the Fury movie starring the Hoff was TERRIBLE! But it's not worse than the 90's Captain America movie! The badness is legendary...lol http://aggressivecomix.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Captain-America-1990-2.jpg

exitspeed
03-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Its amazing that comic movies weren't really cool until Blade and then they really kicked off with Spiders and X-Men. I feel like the first Iron Man is when I felt truly blown away by a comic movie. They've come so far in such a short amount of time.

Corbic
03-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Its amazing that comic movies weren't really cool until Blade and then they really kicked off with Spiders and X-Men. I feel like the first Iron Man is when I felt truly blown away by a comic movie. They've come so far in such a short amount of time.

Batman Begins.

exitspeed
03-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Batman Begins.

What about it?

Its TOOOO serious and dramatic for me. I don't dislike it but I can't continually watch it. I still prefer Keaton/Nicholson too.

VNG704
03-15-2015, 09:14 AM
Would be easy to connect marvel characters through civil war, no?

VNG704
03-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in the new Avengers film. So I guess there is such a thing as mutants in the Avengers' end of the MCU. There's still hope.

SimpleS14
03-19-2015, 05:44 PM
0WM915QsOyI

simmode1
03-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are in the new Avengers film. So I guess there is such a thing as mutants in the Avengers' end of the MCU. There's still hope.

Nah, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch's origins have changed in the MCU due to Fox not playing ball. They aren't 'Mutants' here, they're 'Miracles', probably created due to exsposure to Infiniti Gems. We're not getting mutants. Just enhanced humans and Inhumans.

VNG704
03-19-2015, 09:20 PM
W....t...f. ...OK gotcha.

exitspeed
04-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Now we're getting some a motherfucking-where! That scene at the end of last nights episode with Sky was awesome.

EnemyS15
04-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Deadpool gets the official rated R!

https://youtu.be/tUEkqZxLyrg

I suck at embedding videos.

exitspeed
04-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Deadpool gets the official rated R!

https://youtu.be/tUEkqZxLyrg

I suck at embedding videos.

Yeah that was an awesome way to announce that. And the costume is 100% faithful. Dope.

SimpleS14
04-02-2015, 08:57 AM
You need to remove the 's' from "https"

Anyways, I'm not taking that as an official announcement on the rating. It's too soon to place a rating, as the film is not done shooting for MPAA to do a review. I'd like to see it rated R, but if it's PG-13 I'm still OK with that. I just hope the blu-ray/DVD release will have an unrated version similar to The Wolverine.

I'm definitely liking the costume.

woodchuck
04-02-2015, 09:31 AM
wait - can somebody fill me in on what the premise is going to be for the Deadpool movie...

i really don't want any sort of continuation of this:

http://media.bestlittlesites.com/images/users/uploads/31432/deadpool%20baraka.jpg

and is anybody looking forward to the teenage version of fantastic 4 reboot?

exitspeed
04-03-2015, 07:01 AM
wait - can somebody fill me in on what the premise is going to be for the Deadpool movie...

http://media.bestlittlesites.com/images/users/uploads/31432/deadpool%20baraka.jpg
?

Yeah they are making a completely faithful Deadpool movie. They are trying to right the wrong that was Origins. That's why the costume is dead on (pun intended) and its going to be rated R.

theronin
04-04-2015, 01:32 PM

and is anybody looking forward to the teenage version of fantastic 4 reboot?
Fantastic Four will be the first flop in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it doing well

Corbic
04-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Fantastic Four will be the first flop in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it doing well

There is nothing you can do to make them cool. It's that simple.

EnemyS15
04-05-2015, 07:32 AM

They could've made FF2 better by not making it a pseudo comedy and turning GALACTUS into what looked liked a category 4 storm cell.

I got so excited for the introduction of the silver surfer and such. What a let down.

simmode1
04-05-2015, 08:43 AM
What do you mean 'first flop'? When it flops, Marvel won't take the hit for that. Fox will. And that certainly won't be Fox's first comic flop.

MCU ain't got nothing to do with the F4 reboot.

theronin
04-05-2015, 01:48 PM
What do you mean 'first flop'? When it flops, Marvel won't take the hit for that. Fox will. And that certainly won't be Fox's first comic flop.

MCU ain't got nothing to do with the F4 reboot.
Oh that's a Fox thing? Sorry shit gets confusing

exitspeed
04-06-2015, 08:37 AM

I agree. There's just something that's too boring with the FF. And they are trying to go the Dark Knight route and ground it in reality more with the new one...well that makes it even more fucking boring.

Its going to bomb.

simmode1
04-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Oh that's a Fox thing? Sorry shit gets confusing
I'm sure this was posted earlier in the thread, but here ya go...
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Marvel-Movie-Rights-Infographic.jpg

exitspeed
04-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Bunch of stuff happening. DD starts tomorrow. Hopefully get to watch a few episodes over the weekend.

Also this was released today.
https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w540/c3eadd19ad1af175ebf085620bb1ce064727be08.jpg

As was this.
http://www.ew.com/sites/default/files/i/2015/04/08/b-ew-1359-1360-aprl172015.jpg

Joss Weadon also said there's no post credit scene in Avengers 2. He said he's not joking and doesn't want people waiting 15 minutes for the credits to finish up and be disappointed.

simmode1
04-09-2015, 09:21 AM
Black Widow's new weapons kinda remind me of a refined verision of Whiplash's gear from Iron Man 2 in that her short staffs seem to be drawing arc engery from her suit. Kind of a let down knowing there isn't an end credits scene though. But that might be for the best after let down at the end of GOTG with the Howard the Duck reveal.

SimpleS14
04-10-2015, 09:24 AM
A few people got an advance screening of Avengers 2 this Thursday. Due to an embargo that can't post a review, but they were allowed to post initial reactions on social media. Everything I've read so far is nothing but positive for the film (ex: https://twitter.com/mjsamps/status/586327007111307266)

THREE MORE WEEKS

But that might be for the best after let down at the end of GOTG with the Howard the Duck reveal.

The actual reveal from that scene was the hatched cocoon in the background. James Gunn confirmed that it contained Adam Warlock, so we are definitely going to see him in future Marvel films.

exitspeed
04-29-2015, 08:00 AM
Got my VIP tickets ready for the UltraScreen for Friday at 1pm. I have to watch SHIELD tonight since it leads into Avengers 2. Woot!

future
04-29-2015, 08:29 AM
Ultrascreen?

simmode1
04-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Got my VIP tickets ready for the UltraScreen for Friday at 1pm. I have to watch SHIELD tonight since it leads into Avengers 2. Woot!

Dude, the movie tie in was so cool. I was all wide-eyed watching that episode. Sky kicks sooooo much ass! She ain't ready for the Avengers big leagues yet, but she's coming along nicely!

EnemyS15
05-01-2015, 12:09 AM
Going into avengers2 I was bit skeptical that it would not live up to what the first avengers manage to pull of. This whole mad robot fed up and ready to cleanse the world of humans plot has been played out a bit with many movies.

I will say that Avengers 2 pulled it off with great finesse. Ultron plot set the stage for the real story behind avengers 2. Solid 9 of 10 for me.

exitspeed
05-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Ultrascreen?

Absolutely!!

Dude, the movie tie in was so cool. I was all wide-eyed watching that episode. Sky kicks sooooo much ass! She ain't ready for the Avengers big leagues yet, but she's coming along nicely!

Yeah I thought it was a little phoned in honestly, but the episode was cool and Skye is going to be super dope. I wonder when she'll show up in a movie.

Also we haven't discussed DareDevil! Holy shit! :eek: That show is completely amazing. Its exactly what the MCU needed...dark and violent! Its just done so well. I'm only on episode 6 right now and Kingpin is shaping up to be a seriously awesome villian. The scene with the car door and that guy's head...wow

I can't wait for the rest of the Defenders...and if they don't do a Punisher show they are missing a huge opportunity.

SimpleS14
05-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Daredevil was a pleasant surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed every episode. Kingpin's an amazing villain because you actually feel some compassion for him and get why he does what he does.

I also like that the writer of this season is also penning the new Spiderman standalone film.

Marvel has really stepped it up and I look forward to the rest of the Defenders. Good idea on taking it to Netflix, since it can be dark, violent and build up the characters better than a single movie.

exitspeed
05-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Daredevil was a pleasant surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed every episode. Kingpin's an amazing villain because you actually feel some compassion for him and get why he does what he does.

I also like that the writer of this season is also penning the new Spiderman standalone film.

Marvel has really stepped it up and I look forward to the rest of the Defenders. Good idea on taking it to Netflix, since it can be dark, violent and build up the characters better than a single movie.

Seriously, how bad does DD make you want a Punisher series!?

theronin
05-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I'm only on ep 2 of Daredevil but I'm loving it. One of the main reasons? The fight scenes. To me they are so gritty and real. They aren't pretty, they aren't over the top. Just feels so right in my opinion.

exitspeed
05-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Avengers 2 was so damn awesome! There's a scene towards the end when they are all together fighting off the Ultron bots that is the most faithful comic book scene ever shot. Its in slow motion and is just completely amazing!

SimpleS14
05-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Avengers 2 was so damn awesome! There's a scene towards the end when they are all together fighting off the Ultron bots that is the most faithful comic book scene ever shot. Its in slow motion and is just completely amazing!

Agreed, Avengers 2 was an awesome flick. I'm definitely getting this on blu-ray for the extended cut. Joss Whedon's first cut of the film was over 3 hrs. There were some parts of the film that did feel a bit rushed and even some clips from the trailers that were missing. Either way this is a must watch movie if you liked the first Avengers film and the MCU as a whole.

future
05-01-2015, 08:21 PM
What is a ultrascreen?

exitspeed
05-02-2015, 05:36 AM
What is a ultrascreen?

A 70' wide, 3 story tall screen.

future
05-02-2015, 10:07 AM
So it's another word for Imax?

exitspeed
05-03-2015, 03:51 PM