PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed harness on automatic

Snuffy
11-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Will it work?

Chaluska
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
engine harness yes, lower harness... not %100 sure, i believe the wiring for reverse lights are different.

sleepyS14se
11-18-2013, 09:32 AM
yes it will work

starter signal wire plug is different but can be cut and spliced into the original plug(at fuse box)

Livid_240sx
11-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Is there a write up for an auto s13 ka-sr20 5speed. All the write ups I find are non specific.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sleepyS14se
11-19-2013, 02:13 PM
^ what info are you looking for? you can pm me if needed.

Livid_240sx
11-19-2013, 03:39 PM
^ what info are you looking for? you can pm me if needed.

Well since I have yet to find a write up, I think we can just talk about it here for other people to stumble upon it. But thanks.

I have a rolling chassis 91 s13 base model hatch w/ an auto ka. I have found loads of info for the sr20 swap, but they're always non specific about auto or manual. Is there a difference in wiring? Or anything else? Obviously I'll need a clutch pedel set-up, but are there any less obvious components I might need? Does the auto ka sit diffently? I doubt it does, but just basic info like that.

Thanks!

sleepyS14se
11-20-2013, 09:00 AM
remove ka and auto trans and drop in the sr20 with 5 speed.

use the ka mounts and use a 5spd trans mount with a 5spd crossmember.

use the supplied wiring harness that comes with the sr20 and use the sr20 ecu.

simple as hell just seems hard to do

Livid_240sx
11-20-2013, 09:06 AM
remove ka and auto trans and drop in the sr20 with 5 speed.

use the ka mounts and use a 5spd trans mount with a 5spd crossmember.

use the supplied wiring harness that comes with the sr20 and use the sr20 ecu.

simple as hell just seems hard to do

That's what I thought, thanks. It actually almost seems too easy. Haha

Mikester
11-20-2013, 09:09 AM
^^There's a plug at the fuse box that may or may not be different between auto & manual... It's the plug that your speed sensor and/or alternator charging signal goes thru.

Some auto KA's have the proper plug, others need the correct plug installed. Call Yuri at Wiring Specialties.

Livid_240sx
11-20-2013, 09:16 AM
^^There's a plug at the fuse box that may or may not be different between auto & manual... It's the plug that your speed sensor and/or alternator charging signal goes thru.

Some auto KA's have the proper plug, others need the correct plug installed. Call Yuri at Wiring Specialties.

Awesome, thank you. That's the type of information on small issues/differences I'm looking for.

Mine's a 91 hatch, if anyone has done it to the same model did you need to alter the plug?

sleepyS14se
11-20-2013, 09:31 AM

when i removed the blown ka and auto and installed my new engine and 5 spd. i noticed my plug was a reactangle and needed to be a triangle.

that plug is the starter signal wire and the oil pressure switch harness.