PDA

View Full Version : formula E

fyneyoungstunna
11-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Anyone looking into this or excited for this?

Some of the rules look like they are for fluff. But I think it will be entertaining

Felipe
11-09-2013, 07:43 PM
"here they come.... roaring down the finish line"

Wait i mean....

"hear they come... humming down the finish line"

lol

ditchs14
11-09-2013, 10:57 PM
link to the rules? so its gonna be like a D1SL?

sidewaysil80
11-10-2013, 12:15 AM

No. Its going to be like formula 1 but with the cars powered by electricity.

fyneyoungstunna
11-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Here's what I remember from reading:
Its a spec series all chassis and components are the same.
teams will be allowed a small window of custimization, but really small
There will be pitstops, driver will have two cars. Its a mandatory couple of seconds that they have to stop.
I'll post more when I get to work, I was reading it there.
D

simmode1
11-10-2013, 09:37 AM

Formula E - Home (http://www.fiaformulae.com/home)

Hmmm... first time hearing about this. Interesting. I will always prefer combustion engines for their ability to increase in potential power. But if electric cars start racing more regularly, I'm sure the tunability aspect we all love will eventually trickle down to passenger cars. They're gonna sound weird though, I bet... lol

I won't say I'm excited yet, but I am mildly curious where this is going to lead.

!Zar!
11-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Formula-E sounds so dreadfully boring.

ditchs14
11-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Ha. Silly me. I thought this was about drifting..... Mybad

Silverbullet
11-11-2013, 06:50 AM
The race for the electric car industry is going to be the thing for the rest of the decade. BMW, Audi/VW all want a peice of the the pie Tesla has brought to the table.

I'm looking forward to this as we are seeing history in the making. Much like switching form riding horses to motor-coaches a century ago.

gbaby2089
11-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Formula-E sounds so dreadfully boring.

All of the passing of F1 with none of the cool sounds.

Sounds great :zzz:

S14DB
11-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Formula E - Home (http://www.fiaformulae.com/home)

Hmmm... first time hearing about this. Interesting. I will always prefer combustion engines for their ability to increase in potential power. But if electric cars start racing more regularly, I'm sure the tunability aspect we all love will eventually trickle down to passenger cars. They're gonna sound weird though, I bet... lol

I won't say I'm excited yet, but I am mildly curious where this is going to lead.
Races will begin by standing start and last for approximately one hour with drivers making two mandatory pit stops in order to change cars. Engines will be restricted to power saving mode (133kw / 180bhp) but can be temporarily increased to maximum power (200kw / 270bhp) by using the 'Push-to-Pass' boost system.
So, these cars only last 20mins on a charge?

240KA
11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
All of the passing of F1 with none of the cool sounds.

Sounds great :zzz:

lol @ "passing"

i just finished watching the Singapore race :zzz: