PDA

View Full Version : Are there any drag strips left around LA???

Nikzilla
11-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Hi there, new s-chassis owner here!

I spent my teens growing up in Moscow, and I remember I always used to go watch the street races, and even raced sometimes (when I was 12 lol).

So now that I bought my first 240 :3 (SR blacktop pre-swapped) I decided to go to a small Street Race in Compton with a friend to see what's up.

Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed.

It's really unorganized and not very safe, very different experience from what I remember in Moscow, where the organizers were fairly professional and had safety standards.

Now I've been looking around trying to find a 1/4 mile drag strip withing feasible driving distance, but it seems they are all shut down.

How can this be? No drag strips at the birthplace of drag racing?

Are there any left? And if not, what should I do?

zerodameaon
11-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Just a heads up its not a good idea to post about illegal activities on a public forum.

And Irwindale has a 1/8mi, there are some algebraic equations you can run to figure out what your 1/4mi times will be.

SR20PWRALTY
11-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Pomona race way NHRAtix.com (http://www.nhratix.com/)

Nikzilla
11-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Just a heads up its not a good idea to post about illegal activities on a public forum.

And Irwindale has a 1/8mi, there are some algebraic equations you can run to figure out what your 1/4mi times will be.

I didn't race, just watched lol.

Pomona race way NHRAtix.com (http://www.nhratix.com/)

It's closed the public. Only NHRA events now.

zerodameaon
11-07-2013, 12:43 AM
I didn't race, just watched lol.

Still stupid to post about it. It is still illegal is it not?

SR20PWRALTY
11-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Auto Club Dragway - Auto Club Speedway (http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/Auto-Club-Dragway/Auto-Club-Dragway.aspx)

Then just Fontana, sucks for drag racing. No wonder people take it to the streets. There was afew more options when I was into drag racing:(

jevus
11-07-2013, 01:27 AM
any intersection is a drag strip for me.

Nikzilla
11-07-2013, 01:31 AM
Still stupid to post about it. It is still illegal is it not?

Only in San Diego I think. Don't understand why parking on the side of a road and watching a few cars would be illegal.

Auto Club Dragway - Auto Club Speedway (http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/Tickets-Events/Events/Auto-Club-Dragway/Auto-Club-Dragway.aspx)

Then just Fontana, sucks for drag racing. No wonder people take it to the streets. There was afew more options when I was into drag racing:(

Fontana won't open to the public until 2014, they have to build a sound wall first -_-

zerodameaon
11-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Its called aiding and abetting and that is what they like to charge spectators with. Street racing is street racing in CA and its not just illegal in SD.

Nikzilla
11-07-2013, 01:47 AM
Its called aiding and abetting and that is what they like to charge spectators with. Street racing is street racing in CA and its not just illegal in SD.

Oh wow that is complete and utter BS. Cops think they can just charge anyone with anything nowadays.

If you're standing on a sidewalk, and you see a couple of civics race each other from the lights, is that aiding and abetting? If not, how is it different from parking on the side of a street and watching cars line up from the sidewalk?

Wake
11-07-2013, 02:08 AM
because you went there with the purpoase of watching the race.

the "uhh im lost, i didnt mean to be here right now" excuse doesnt really fly.

Nikzilla
11-07-2013, 02:47 AM
because you went there with the purpoase of watching the race.

the "uhh im lost, i didnt mean to be here right now" excuse doesnt really fly.

To an officer, maybe not, but to a judge...

zerodameaon
11-07-2013, 04:21 AM
To an officer, maybe not, but to a judge...

To a judge you are going to be just as guilty, and a public defender is all but worthless. Judges are not on your side, a fact you would be smart to remember.

Wake
11-07-2013, 04:26 AM
by the time you get to a judge your car will be impounded and you will have 2 points on your license. you will then have to pay impound gate fees and 30 days of storage, assuming they dont crush your car. i assume you dont have a lawyer on retainer so you can add the services of the public defender to that. he will tell you plead out and you will be on probation for year.

this isnt including the fines, tickets and courts fees. none of which do you get back.

go ahead save that defense for the judge.

Nikzilla
11-07-2013, 04:42 PM
by the time you get to a judge your car will be impounded and you will have 2 points on your license. you will then have to pay impound gate fees and 30 days of storage, assuming they dont crush your car. i assume you dont have a lawyer on retainer so you can add the services of the public defender to that. he will tell you plead out and you will be on probation for year.

this isnt including the fines, tickets and courts fees. none of which do you get back.

go ahead save that defense for the judge.

Wow that's messed up