PDA

View Full Version : Subframe Riser issues

UnknownGuy
11-01-2013, 04:03 PM
So I recently decided to refresh my subframe. So after doing some research I decided to go with some PBM subframe risers. After going through all the proceedures of getting the risers in the actual subframe I ran into some issues installing the subframe. First the clearence for the RUCA was a little tight, then the mounting points for the ebrake was off (not that big of a issue since Im going with the dual caliper setup in the rear), then the actual subframe wouldnt mount flush due to the threads for the mounting bolts not going high enough to mount without spacers (still having a issue with that, cuz now that the nut holding the subframe up is just spinning on the bolt about a 1/4" too short of actually making contact of the riser), and the subframe is touching the bottum of the car wear the differential hump is at. So if anybody has used the PBM risers or have any insight as to what I should do please let me know thanks.

codyace
11-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Use some washers under the spacer to take the slack up in the threads to to make it tight.

The other issues are 'part of the game' when it comes to the risers. Don't forget to make sure your e brake cables don't drag against the driveshaft either.

With that said, good luck.

UnknownGuy
11-03-2013, 08:02 PM
After almost spending a full day playing with it I think I finally got it right thanks.

rebornz
02-03-2014, 05:10 PM
what did you do about your rucas? I notched my frame but still had to raise my car to keep them from hitting

DennisC
02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
You have to get bent rucas if you plan to be really low for them to clear.