PDA

View Full Version : Crank but won't start

BidanianBros240
10-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Before I start, I would like to say that this is my first post on this sight but I have been reading here for a while. I have a problem that may seem stupid for some of you out there, but for me this is my first 240 and I'm not familiar with them yet. Please don't reply telling me to search because I have and it hasn't helped, and replying saying to search doesn't help either. I'm not sure what is wrong, so I'm going to tell you all everything that I did today.

Essentials: 1990 240sx se ka24e almost all stock

It started with my windshield wipers not working so I thought it was the motor, so I got one out of a junk yard and tried to swap it in. Either I got a second dead motor or something else is wrong. I then decided to take a look at the switch itself so I took apart the steering column and removed the switch for the wipers. I'm planning on replacing it because its old and faded looks like crap whether its the problem or not. After I had that all open I saw the fuse panel on the floor next to the clutch and opened that up. The 20a fuse for the wiper was blown so I replaced that, put the switch back in and hooked it up and the fuse blew again. I then couldn't figure out what was wrong so I gave up and searched (still couldn't find an answer to that but whatever). So I call it a day its now dark and I button everything back up the fuse panel the steering column the part of dash or interior paneling whatever you want to call it underneath it and when I got everything closed back up and looking pretty again I go to start it and it won't go. The engine cranks, but won't start. I checked the plugs and they all get power( shocked myself as well). Checked all the fuses and they are good except for the 20a wiper fuse which was blown to start with. Everything seems to be looking good but when I turn the key it just cranks, but won't turn over.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be because it is my daily and I do need it back and running asap. Could it be that the engine is now not getting fuel? Thank you in advance for the any help

codyace
11-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Verify fuel pump is priming/working.

Dboyizmlg
11-02-2013, 11:09 PM
^^^ what he said!

Check the fuel pump fuse in the engine bay 1st, then if that's ok try to listen if you're fuel pump primes.