PDA

View Full Version : Ghetto Rigged KA24de??

ExtraGoodness
10-28-2013, 12:18 PM
sup guys, yesterday i picked up my 2nd s14 for a good ass deal but it had one problem... the only way it starts is if i connect a wire to the starter, turn the key in the ignition and touch the positive battery terminal with the other end of the wire and it cranks right up. anyone have any idea what the problem is? also the battery is on the opposite side of the tray and the intake is chillin on the battery tray.. random. please help!

UnknownGuy
10-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow you really werent playin, when you said ghetto riggin. Is there any way you can post a pick of your setup so we could get a better clue as for the status of disrepair your car is in. Right off the top of my head without seeing the actual car, I would have to geuss there is defenately something going on with your cranking system wiring. Your best bet would be first check all of your fuses, then all of your relays. After checking all of those and still you see no problem then its time to start checking your wires and connections. Rule of thumb is that whenever your dealing with cranking system wiring its typically gonna be the color coded with a red or red/black wire (also its typically the thickest gauge wire in the harness). Also make sure the grounding wire connected to the frame (usally on the passenger strut tower) is secure. Last but not least, check the driver side wheel well to make sure your wire harness isnt rubbing the tire (90% of the time thats the cause of 240sx owners wiring problems). Hope this helps, Good luck.

ExtraGoodness
10-28-2013, 02:25 PM
ok i found the problem. the clutch switch wasnt making contact. any idea of why it dies down while driving? im thinking its the alternator.

UnknownGuy
10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
ok i found the problem. the clutch switch wasnt making contact. any idea of why it dies down while driving? im thinking its the alternator.

Yeah Its probably from your alternator.

sleepyS14se
10-29-2013, 06:59 AM
it dies down? what the hell does that mean? the engine bogs down? or the lights on the dash and the entire electrical system is dieing down?

ExtraGoodness
10-29-2013, 11:10 AM
it bogs down to low rpms and eventually shuts off

UnknownGuy
10-29-2013, 01:08 PM
it bogs down to low rpms and eventually shuts off

A issue usually caused by a alternator going out.